Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X Matrix Headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you scroll up you'll see the original English document the German text is based on. It's a vehicle type approval for the EU market done in the Netherlands as far as I understand. Any change on a vehicle type needs to be approved and is captured in a new version. The last version (6) includes the headlights change. It doesn't actually spell out matrix but that seems to be what it should be about.

Let's see.

You can check with HW4, took about a month, if I remember correctly, for the HW4 to actually appear in the US for the first time.

Another unconfirmed source tells me that the matrix are already in production.

I take from that, that there is a good chance it's true and that we should see them soon (within the next weeks/months)

Hmm, I'm supposed to take delivery on my Model X Plaid next week. (VIN PF396885 already assigned) I wonder if I should wait and try pushing back my delivery? 🤔
I haven’t placed my order yet and the price went up 2500 last I checked so now I’m in like FOMO mode. I was waiting until the end of the year around November to place my order and hopefully getting all the features like new cameras in bumper and HW4 with the matrix headlights but now I’m having doubts tbh

I haven’t placed my order yet and the price went up 2500 last I checked so now I’m in like FOMO mode. I was waiting until the end of the year around November to place my order and hopefully getting all the features like new cameras in bumper and HW4 with the matrix headlights but now I’m having doubts tbh
Don’t worry, the X will drop down to $85-87k before end of year. Just wait and remember who said it.

Don’t worry, the X will drop down to $85-87k before end of year. Just wait and remember who said it.
I can see that happening too.

However, I think what holds back would-be buyers is not (just) price, but the perception that the Model X isn't worth the price. So if Tesla were to step-up it's game and take to heart all the great feedback (like in this forum!) in improving the X to make it worthy of the six-digit price tag, I can imagine a lot more orders & deliveries. Elon has alluded to this when he talks about boosting demand by making Teslas 'infinitely' more desirable.

Reactions: X Fan and GoVols!
Hi Kristoffer

Sounds interesting but I'm not following everything you are writing. Could you expand/elaborate?

I expect that the wiring will have to be different to Matrix headlights as it will need to include data as opposed to "simple" headlights, so I don't expect non-Matrix to be upgradable. Someone also mentioned in the forum that this was the case with the Model S when it switched to Matrix last year.

I wonder and hope they will upgrade them soon, I pushed the delivery by 3months to late June. We should see any changes pop up in the US first though as the cars are already reaching customers while our European cars produced before the US delivered ones are still on the way/boat.
2022 / 2023 X refresh have new wiring. (Just 1 wire).(To get the ledbar to work, the guy that's make the LIN controller had to use model 3 code (not exactly the same. But a version).
It's easy to spot they have made changes to my headlamps (old headlamps with lots of glue and broken clips 😂). So I bet the new lights will work. Im going to test :)

Reactions: WhiteCHX
I just took delivery of my Model X Plaid on June 18th and I have matrix headlights on my car. See pictures attached. I believe they are shipping out the cars now.

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 11.05.08 AM.png