Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my X Plaid VIN. Tesla even upgraded my order from the 5-seater to the 6-seater at no additional charge since I’ve waited so long and the 6-seaters are being built first. Although each month my scheduled delivery was pushed back, I understand the whole supply chain disruptions, microprocessor shortages and the retooling Tesla went through. Rather than bitch about what’s wrong (which does nothing but raise your blood pressure) I’ve chosen to be happy that mine is being delivered between February 11-16. Then I’m having it wrapped in a metallic pearl white, windows tinted and door handles with carbon fiber appliqué.
Congratulations and thanks for the positive outlook. Please share pictures of the before and after pictures of your wrap and tiny job. Metallic pearls white sounds gorgeous!

Reactions: Elixir
Finally see my X there now. Thank God.
Frankly, I'm beginning to think that those of us (me in particular) probably have cars sitting somewhere amongst the throng and Musk has let it be said "No deliveries to these guys until I see something positive in their posts."

Musk, if you're seeing this, I love ya. Now, pluueeessse can I have my car?

Frankly, I'm beginning to think that those of us (me in particular) probably have cars sitting somewhere amongst the throng and Musk has let it be said "No deliveries to these guys until I see something positive in their posts."

Musk, if you're seeing this, I love ya. Now, pluueeessse can I have my car?
If that’s the case, I’m screwed.

Just received a call from Tesla as well and it looks like they are offering a free "upgrade" to the 6 seater option for any 5 seat Plaid orders. Unfortunately I'll need the extra trunk space, but might take delivery of it and resell, as I received $6,500 for free? If only the estimated delivery date for a MXLR 5 seater with 20" wheels wasn't well into 2023...

Email from Tesla below (sent after the call):

"Thank you for taking a moment to discuss your Model X order. We have confirmed that you will moving into the 6 Seat Model X Plaid configuration and you’ll be able to see the updated pricing within a few days. Your price adjustment will change again when you get closer to your delivery timeline."

Just received a call from Tesla as well and it looks like they are offering a free "upgrade" to the 6 seater option for any 5 seat Plaid orders. Unfortunately I'll need the extra trunk space, but might take delivery of it and resell, as I received $6,500 for free? If only the estimated delivery date for a MXLR 5 seater with 20" wheels wasn't well into 2023...

"Thank you for taking a moment to discuss your Model X order. We have confirmed that you will moving into the 6 Seat Model X Plaid configuration and you’ll be able to see the updated pricing within a few days. Your price adjustment will change again when you get closer to your delivery timeline."
How I wish they would offer this to LR 5/7 seat orders, I would take the change...you know esp since that 3 row bench is a unicorn piece of rarity.

How I wish they would offer this to LR 5/7 seat orders, I would take the change...you know esp since that 3 row bench is a unicorn piece of rarity.
Yeah unfortunately that's the Tesla way. I just regret not ordering a LR 5 seater before all of the price increases. I was taking delivery of my first Tesla at the time (MY), so I wasn't really sure I wanted to drop the $90k for a Model X just yet. Oh how I wish I had just placed that $100 order now...

Sure wish they would refund me the $6,500 I paid reluctantly after getting the "call" last fall to change from a 5 to 6 seat plaid for end of the year 2021 delivery.

I'm scheduled to pick up the car on 2/4 and was told "no refund for you". (said in the voice of the soup nazi from Sienfield)

Sure wish they would refund me the $6,500 I paid reluctantly after getting the "call" last fall to change from a 5 to 6 seat plaid for end of the year 2021 delivery.

I'm scheduled to pick up the car on 2/4 and was told "no refund for you". (said in the voice of the soup nazi from Sienfield)
I’m sorry, you guys that called earlier to switch for a dec delivery should really get your refunds since promise not met. It’s absurd how tesla cannot get around some of these harsh unfair policies without consideration of their unfulfilled and false reassurances.

My willingness to switch to 6-seater is partly since these are actually real and being delivered. But my wife also independently feels now that the 6-seater option may have been a better choice for us, esp if we travel with friends or parents. Of course I’m not spending 15000 extra + being in back of line at this point for this. I’m still 50/50 on having that max cargo space, which would be amazing, just would help to feel good about the original order of deliveries of 5/7 were happening.

Anyone that can share photos/insight on tinting the windshield of the X?

For our MYP and previous M3LR we always get the windshield tinted along with the rest of the car but have heard some issues with the X windshield.

Is it true because of the size they can't place the film to cover the whole length of the windshield due to the rolls not being long enough so it only goes to the rearview mirror?

View attachment 762625 View attachment 762626 View attachment 762627 View attachment 762628 View attachment 762629

Well, here we go again. Fifth time being pushed back, I swear it's personal. I think it's my old 'sales advisor' 😂:

@Miyakudude I still want that ride when you finally get yours. At this point, I think Tesla is going to just keep pushing back until I cancel, so that they can sell the car for full price.
That is just so wrong.

Anyone that can share photos/insight on tinting the windshield of the X?

For our MYP and previous M3LR we always get the windshield tinted along with the rest of the car but have heard some issues with the X windshield.

Is it true because of the size they can't place the film to cover the whole length of the windshield due to the rolls not being long enough so it only goes to the rearview mirror?
Just make sure the peeps you pick can do one piece for the X. More high endy shops I would suppose. I had a 2 piece windshield tint removed for a quality 1 piece tint (spectra Photosync) and it makes a demonstrable difference.

Just got back from picking up my MX Plaid and delivery was smooth as silk. I was in and out in less than a half an hour. I did a through inspection of the entire car and everything looked perfect. Only thing missing according to the SA was aero inserts for the wheels which I don't recall the Plaids having. In any regard, the SA made a service appointment for me to get whatever was missing. There is a small scratch inside the pass falcon wing door (See pic) that is no big deal and can easily be touched up.

I drove it a measly 7 miles directly to the shop to get a full wrap and tint. I did immediately look for the top of the steering wheel to make a left turn out of the dealer center and grabbed onto nothing LOL. That will take some getting used to as well as the turn signals but I should be able to adapt fairly quickly.

Overall super happy with the delivery and now I have to wait another full week before I go back to pick up the car from the shop. Enjoy these pics and to all those still waiting, hang in there. It will be 100% worth the wait.

View attachment 762603View attachment 762604View attachment 762606View attachment 762607View attachment 762608View attachment 762609
the nerve of you smiling at all of us. There are people here that have been waiting over a year. I want to apologize to all the folks here that may be hurt emotionally by this buyer’s happiness. this is what happens when you buy a tesla.

Sweet pics. I have not been waiting that long, but looking forward to getting mine, similar specs. Congrats man.