Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I have seen these videos but there is still a leap of faith to make to do it to your brand new car inside your own garage with your own other car :)

I do need to figure out the "obstacle detected" issue that I have seen more than once in the few days I have had the car. Service appointment is set for May 19th (first available). Fingers crossed they figure out whatever sensor issue there is with the FWD.
I have the same obstacle detection issue. Tesla came out once and recalibrated the doors, but it did not fix the issue.
It’s just a sensor in the rear door speaker grill that gives the signal. Same as a parking sensor. I have a Tesla parking sensor that I’m going to swap just to see if it makes any difference.
It’s not a huge annoyance but I do wish it worked right because it effects how the front door opens too.

Reactions: usctrojan98
5/2/21 order date here; 5 seater Black/Black, 20” wheels, no FSD.

had an EDD of July mostly,
then it flipped to April 30-May 21 for about a week,
then back to July,
then to May 12-June 1, where it has been for a few days.

No VIN yet; will be picking up from Cherry Hill NJ SC whenever they’re ready for us :)
Wow, same order date, same config, same EDD range in Philly burbs. Don’t take my car please.;)

• Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1
In order to get ready for a delivery inspection (should my EDD turn into a VIN and the VIN into an actual X), I took a close look at the Refresh Model X Issue Tracking spreadsheet. I see that no one has updated it with any issues in the last month or so (no posts in April). Might this mean that quality is improving?
Or that very few are being delivered.
As cool as they are, this just never made sense to me...how is the driver supposed to get out?!
True!
For that matter just because FWD is able to open does not mean that the occupants can get out.
Frankly FWDs are over-engineered novelty that in fact increases costs, complexity and reduce utility (roof racks etc)

Or that very few are being delivered.

True!
For that matter just because FWD is able to open does not mean that the occupants can get out.
Frankly FWDs are over-engineered novelty that in fact increases costs, complexity and reduce utility (roof racks etc)
Occupants certainly aren't getting out with regular doors in that scenario. Sure it does increase complexity. Elon says "over engineered". But I wouldn't trade em for anything in my 2018, nor my Plaid. They add bad-assness to any photo taken from the exterior like no other vehicle really, ever. And that to me has value. They're unique, fun, the sound of them all closing is satisfying Star Trek stuff every single day, and they have some great practical sides to them. Loading on the side is really easy too, compared to forcing something thru a regular door. I take my wife on her work drop-off runs for Xmas or easter or gift day x, and she's got easy access to a full load of her myriad boxes from 2 wide open falcon wings to the open trunk making it really easy for her to do her thing. So to each his/her own.

I always thought this was pretty trick too:

A family of three stopped by my place a year ago - they were lost. Visiting from Alaska. Same car as mine but a five seater. They’re telling me that the FWDs are the greatest thing since canned beer because they can raise the door and easily place their toddler in his car seat. I’ve seen my younger son put his son into the rear seat of his Outback - I guarantee you that my back would be wrecked by now.

A flicker of light at the end of the tunnel. Today, TBD EDD changed to July 2022.

7/2021: OD LR Black Black 7 Seat 20"
3/22: Changed to 6 seat
4/30: Changed to White exterior
5/02: EDD July 2022 Las Vegas

Our defunct Raven 2019 LR Model X, r.i.p.
20200126_012201.jpg

A family of three stopped by my place a year ago - they were lost. Visiting from Alaska. Same car as mine but a five seater. They’re telling me that the FWDs are the greatest thing since canned beer because they can raise the door and easily place their toddler in his car seat. I’ve seen my younger son put his son into the rear seat of his Outback - I guarantee you that my back would be wrecked by now.

Been managing for 6 years with an S and a leaf before that. Not easy on the back and now my kids load themselves but I'm still beyond giddy to get the FWDs and make the process even easier.

Hoping some old-school knowledge can help me with a challenge. Decided to go on a range trip over the weekend. Charged to 100% then drove from Boston out to Saratoga springs New York. When I arrived in Saratoga Springs I still had 10% left. So I decided to charge back up to 100% I drive from Saratoga Springs down to Cape Cod. Arrived in Hyannis Massachusetts with barely 5% left.

My challenge, the problem I’m having is my drive history for that trip has disappeared. I thought it would be kept in my trips but the minute I plugged in at home I lost all the previous information. Does anyone know of a way to find trip history. Wanting to capture the mileage and power usage on those two trips. Kicking myself for not doing screenshots 🤬

Reactions: UncaNed
Took delivery today. Found out during the drive there is no bass at all from the sound system. I did the reboot and played with equalizer still no luck. Would anybody know or experienced this before? I did schedule an appt on Friday for varies exterior issues. Overall not bad at all just wish I have bass that’s all.
I am very surprised by lack of bass. Mine has way too much. I actually decreased it. I listen to symphonic music a lot and you can hear every player from high stings to the beat of bass drums clearly.

Hoping some old-school knowledge can help me with a challenge. Decided to go on a range trip over the weekend. Charged to 100% then drove from Boston out to Saratoga springs New York. When I arrived in Saratoga Springs I still had 10% left. So I decided to charge back up to 100% I drive from Saratoga Springs down to Cape Cod. Arrived in Hyannis Massachusetts with barely 5% left.

My challenge, the problem I’m having is my drive history for that trip has disappeared. I thought it would be kept in my trips but the minute I plugged in at home I lost all the previous information. Does anyone know of a way to find trip history. Wanting to capture the mileage and power usage on those two trips. Kicking myself for not doing screenshots 🤬
Within days of buying my first Tesla (2020 MX) I realized that I wanted to keep up with all of the stats that are available. I quickly did some research and signed up for TeslaFi. It was a great decision for me and I've enjoyed watching various numbers and graphs just like you were doing on your trip. If you'd like to try TeslaFi and get a free 4 week trial period (vs. 2 weeks) you can use my referral code N1 via this link: TeslaFi Signup

Within days of buying my first Tesla (2020 MX) I realized that I wanted to keep up with all of the stats that are available. I quickly did some research and signed up for TeslaFi. It was a great decision for me and I've enjoyed watching various numbers and graphs just like you were doing on your trip. If you'd like to try TeslaFi and get a free 4 week trial period (vs. 2 weeks) you can use my referral code N1 via this link: TeslaFi Signup
Thanks! Will it grab historical data or just anything new since install?
I am trying Tezlab which is cool but it can't look back. :-(

I also have to add that the stereo is darn impressive. I thought the Model 3 had a nice sound system but this puts it to shame.
As a fellow Model 3 owner, could you go into more detail? Yes I'm living vicariously thru you. :)

I'm assuming you have the Premium interior in your Model 3 with the subwoofer?

How does the X put it to shame? Clarity? Volume? Stage? Bass? Did you do any A/B song listens back to back in your 3 and X? What audio source are you using on the X?

It'd be nice if there was a concise website with all the speaker and amp specs for all the Teslas throughout the years. I'm pretty darn impressed with the Model 3 Premium audio. It gets loud enough and the clarity is amazing. I do wish it had just a bit more deep end but I'm a bass head, but also lazy or I would have figured out how to stealth integrated a 10 or 12" that played with with the existing sub. Hopefully I'll like the stock X system 'as is' and not want to fiddle with it. I can dream (<--OCD Tweaker)

• Love
Reactions: DelPhonic1
5/2/21 order date here; 5 seater Black/Black, 20” wheels, no FSD.

had an EDD of July mostly,
then it flipped to April 30-May 21 for about a week,
then back to July,
then to May 12-June 1, where it has been for a few days.

No VIN yet; will be picking up from Cherry Hill NJ SC whenever they’re ready for us :)
I think we are on the same boat.
5/10/21 order date, 5 seater White/Black, no FSD.

had an EDD of July then May 12 - Jun 1 and today got VIN 341XX
EDD is now May 17- May 21

We will be picking up from Paramus NJ SC:)