Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's gooo
PXL_20211125_044250867.jpg

Please let us know how active noise reduction ends up working and preform tests if possible. thanks in advance
Yeeeees ARNR review stat! Also could you try buckling rear seat belts or otherwise trick it into thinking there are people in the back and see if you can still activate ARNR or if its permanently disabled?

@Fulkth again, cannot thank you enough for the selfless knowledge sharing and effort behind the detailed input you share and timely answer queries with(though nothing obliges you to) every single day here!! We(and lurking SA’s too probably 😉) have learnt more of the ref. MX first hand since your delivery than anywhere else. You are our #1 VINner for sure!! Thank you!

Some charging shots for those curious on rates.

Those first two suggest you could get about 40% charge (~140 rated miles) in 10 minutes if starting from low state of charge? Maybe 200 miles in under 20 minutes? But I’m not sure if it’s rounding to 5 minute increments and throwing me off.

On my road trips ABetterRoutePlanner has always suggested more frequent shorter stops, while the Tesla route planner has gone for fewer longer ones. But if I could do 10-15 mins every 2 hours or so, I think that would break up a trip nicely. (My wife, however, prefers the gas model of drive until the last drop and only then refuel… 400+ miles between stops on highways. No wonder we drive overnight when the kids are along!)

Reactions: Stro and KidsEyeDr
Those first two suggest you could get about 40% charge (~140 rated miles) in 10 minutes if starting from low state of charge? Maybe 200 miles in under 20 minutes? But I’m not sure if it’s rounding to 5 minute increments and throwing me off.

On my road trips ABetterRoutePlanner has always suggested more frequent shorter stops, while the Tesla route planner has gone for fewer longer ones. But if I could do 10-15 mins every 2 hours or so, I think that would break up a trip nicely. (My wife, however, prefers the gas model of drive until the last drop and only then refuel… 400+ miles between stops on highways. No wonder we drive overnight when the kids are along!)

I also prefer the gas model, I want to get to my destination as fast as possible…. So I stretch out stops for as long as I can before I need gas or someone really needs the bathroom…. That being said I realize I will have to change my mentality once I get the Tesla.

From watching YouTube videos and countless reading I have found that the best strategy is to make a looooong first stop and then short stops after that….. so leave your house with 100% and drive until you are comfortable or a SC allows maybe down to 5-10% if doable….. then from there you make short stops to charge enough to get to the next supercharger the rest of the way.

Reactions: Gwgan
I also prefer the gas model, I want to get to my destination as fast as possible…. So I stretch out stops for as long as I can before I need gas or someone really needs the bathroom…. That being said I realize I will have to change my mentality once I get the Tesla.

From watching YouTube videos and countless reading I have found that the best strategy is to make a looooong first stop and then short stops after that….. so leave your house with 100% and drive until you are comfortable or a SC allows maybe down to 5-10% if doable….. then from there you make short stops to charge enough to get to the next supercharger the rest of the way.
Wife w bladder the size of a walnut and just potty training a 2.5 year old...I'll be doing a lot of short stops .

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
So while we’re waiting, does anybody know if it would be possible to do a scissor door / dihedral door hinge for the front doors of the Model X? I would pay good money for that.

Reason: such a setup would eliminate the complaint I’ve heard about having to wait or duck down if the falcon doors are opening when you try to get out of the front doors.

Plus it would look sickkkkkkkk.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
So while we’re waiting, does anybody know if it would be possible to do a scissor door / dihedral door hinge for the front doors of the Model X? I would pay good money for that.

Reason: such a setup would eliminate the complaint I’ve heard about having to wait or duck down if the falcon doors are opening when you try to get out of the front doors.

Plus it would look sickkkkkkkk.
It kind of became second nature to wait for the falcon door to open first once you own the car long enough. Never been an issue for us.