Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered for 2 reasons. One, what you said. The price is only going up.

But also for automatic lane changes and the other things it does now. I hate that earlier AP/EAP versions had the ability to change lanes using just the signal and that they took that away and moved it to FSD. Total BS. But they know they can. Is it worth $10k for that? No, not really. I know I’m overpaying for it. What’s another $10k on top of $110k huh. Might as well get it all.
And... If you ordered before June, base price has gone up by 15k, so you basically got FSD for free, plus a seat upgrade! 😂

I little off topic but what are you all using for a USB for Sentry Mode?....I bought one from Tesla but it's so long and obvious.

Any suggestions?.
I took delivery of a Plaid MS in June and sold it about two weeks later. It came with a USB stick that was plugged into the glove. This was new compared to my prior Tesla's. That said, I simply could not get it to record anything, which I suspect was software related. Never got it working before I sold it.

I imagine the MX will also come with the same.

Reactions: TWENT2
I little off topic but what are you all using for a USB for Sentry Mode?....I bought one from Tesla but it's so long and obvious.

Any suggestions?.
On my 3, I have the "hidden" compartment cover with a Samsung 1TB SSD drive in it. The space is over-the-top but I got sick of having to figure out if a USB stick would work and be reliable.

Apparently, the refreshed Model X will be lighter and more powerful than the Raven model. I wonder if this means a big increase in range, that we don’t know about yet?

Attachments

• 52E72912-11C1-4319-8F9E-C4AA6BFA8F26.jpeg
    52E72912-11C1-4319-8F9E-C4AA6BFA8F26.jpeg
    474.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 2ACE0C84-4D2D-46CD-8949-E92F5E39137A.png
    2ACE0C84-4D2D-46CD-8949-E92F5E39137A.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 91623172-98B5-49B7-806D-6A5139EFF375.png
    91623172-98B5-49B7-806D-6A5139EFF375.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 58BFF85B-CE89-45F4-92DF-2A787D961C0A.png
    58BFF85B-CE89-45F4-92DF-2A787D961C0A.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 70
FWIW EDD: TBD showed up for me
Order Date: 2/14/21
Original Configuration: LR 7 seat white/cream 20" FSD
The Call date: 10/21/21
New Configuration: LR 6 Seat black/white 20" FSD
I’ve got exact same car ordered and in the same part of the country but ordered a few weeks before you. My call date was a couple days before you 10/19. You better not try to steal my car. I’ll be watching you 22! (excellent taste by the way)

If you don’t finance through tesla how is cash any different than a loan? The loan company is writing them a check for the loan amount and you’re providing the rest as down payment. It’s the same outcome from teslas perspective.
Correct. And you’re never really financing through Tesla. They use other banks. They probably even prefer that you finance as they likely get some incentives from those banks. Either way the revenue is fully recognized upon sale.

That would be lovely but I thought the battery was smaller (that is, fewer kWh as well as lighter) rather than the range being greater? I hope to know for sure in two weeks. 😝
Based on the document. New battery is 99.98kWh, old was 103 kWh.. but if you factor in total weight per kWh, New one is 52.2lb per kWh of battery vs old one at 52.7. So, looks like all in all it balances out.

Based on the document. New battery is 99.98kWh, old was 103 kWh.. but if you factor in total weight per kWh, New one is 52.2lb per kWh of battery vs old one at 52.7. So, looks like all in all it balances out.
Sadly, I wished for a larger pack as opposed to a slightly diminished range. Still, at this point the range of the X is essentially the best of what's out on the market at the moment so far as I know. I wonder what will happen when/if the 4680s get installed - whether the focus will be a range increase or a weight savings. I was hoping for the Plaid+ packs to make it a simple decision.

I switched back to the 20s and will upgrade to 22s when they become available as accessories. Why pay $5500 for nicer wheels on the spec sheet when you can have 2 sets of wheels and tires for the same money?

Also, it looks like still no love for Plaids.
If you are reading this, you are likely to be ridiculously annoyed by this whole car buying process. I am a Plaid reservation holder and I am getting even more agitated, as it seems like all the love is going to long range holders. Does anyone who has a Plaid order out there have any nuggets of information from their service advisors? I spoke with one a few weeks ago, and he seemed optimistic that I would get my vehicle this year. I then spoke to one the other day who was lifeless and humorless and told me that the information on the website is all there is to go on.

I know, I know. Everyone here knows more than service advisors. Just looking for something to give me a little optimism on this gray, cold and rainy day in the Midwest!

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr