Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 411 days I took delivery of my MX LR last Saturday March 12th. I picked it up in Lynnwood, WA SC.

The pick up went really well. The SC people were really good and the car had been looked over pretty well. My original delivery attempt on February 8th was delayed because the FWD doors needed alignment and then it was noticed that some oil was on one of the door panels so a new one needed to be ordered.

I have only driven it 150 miles.
So far it’s incredible and with the wait. I do like the yoke. I have no issues with the turn signals. THE adjustment did not take long at all.

I’m in the process of doing an XPEL stealth wrap. Never wrapped a car before. Taking it slow. But so far so good. I’ve done the trim above the driver side doors and the hood so far.

Sadly, I went to go take my daughter to school Friday and the key could not be detected. I tried all the things. Key fobs. Phone key. Key cards. Nothing would work. I could use the key fob and phones to unlock the car by walking up to it. So it knew they were close by, just not in the car. Reset the touch screen. Powered off. Waited. Still nothing. Called road side and their only solution was to have it towed to the SC. So now it sits there waiting for a tech to find out what happened. Their initial look said it’s working fine. The keycard I sent with it they said was detected. So not sure what’s up. I hope they find something. Last year I had an issue with my Mercedes where it would crank but never start. Got it towed and the shop tested it and it worked fine. Has been fine ever since.

The tow truck driver was familiar with Tesla’s, but he had never seen a refresh. He was amazed by the yoke. It was fun to see his reaction to the new interior.

Ordered Jan 26, 2021
VIN Dec 14, 2021
Delivered March 12, 2022
Looks like teslerati covered your delivery.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I'm bored so lets do some math.

In the last 4 weeks we are currently averaging 15.25 cars delivered per week.
122 undelivered 5-seat MX outstanding on our spreadsheet... 122 / 15.25 = 8 weeks of consecutive production to deliver all outstanding 5 seats.

Similarly -
428 total undelivered MX cars. 428 / 15.25 = 28 weeks, or all outstanding orders delivered by the end of September, 2022.

(at current production rates)

Edit: Considering the 17.68% of orders that show outdated EDDs, you can roughly assume 20-25% of entries are users who entered their data once and will never return to update after delivery (20-25 includes future no-returners, an unfounded generous estimation). However, that means theoritically at current production rates, those who show July may actually get their car by July
🍷<-- glass half full
Feel free to get bored more. Nice

I believe he had five with his first wife, and another one with some flaky actress who gave their kid a really weird name. But yes, why does he think his feelings of the best configuration should reflect on everybody else? And I think the six seat configuration is the best myself.
Actually he just had a second kid with grimes. They tried to keep it hidden. So 7 kids total. He needs a Semi.

Looks like teslerati covered your delivery.
hope they're sending you a check for your photography.

Quoting myself again. For those on mobile, I ordered a LRX 6-seater 1/16/21 pre-refresh. I got my fourth date range of 3/22-4/12 after this week's text and reverting to July the prior 3x, but it seems to be holding, unlike many who have moved back. @jbrowdy, keep the faith, especially because you are in the in the LA area. You are making a baby with their EDD system. Water may break early.

I still stand by my prediction that vins in CA (SF/LA) will start to rain tomorrow. I though of a Ving Rhames Pulp Fiction joke, but my latest post on FSD may end me up in a basement with a ball gag.
Definitely appreciate the optimism. And, while I did live in LA for one year, I currently live in St. Louis.

Loved Hermosa Beach!

Reactions: groundy
Seems reasonable. But maybe they should wait until Tesla Vision actually works before they cripple TACC by removing radar. And of course Tesla Vision will never see 200 feet ahead in 30 foot visibility fog.
Radar can't tell the difference between an overpass, a tractor trailer, or a car when it's 100 feet ahead. That's why it is being dropped. No way to clearly determine height. Since I received FSDbeta on my M3, hard phantom braking is gone. Still have it but it is more gradual. Say from 80 to 60 mph, not 80 to nearly hard stop.

And driving in a thick fog I was impressed at the vision s/w. It dropped my speed from 80 to 60 and kept up with a truck barely visible in front of me. My eyes were getting very tired and I decided to just trust the FSDbeta and it help the distance to the bare outline of the vehicle in the distance.
But I do not know what would have occurred if nothing was on the road in front of me.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I'll add my name to those getting the shaft. Similar story: Went from July to Date-Range March 22-March 31 for 7 days w/o a VIN and now, 2 days ago, back to July. Been off forum last few days but see VINs issued to orders from July 2021, June, May, April, March. Are there 5 or 7 seat VINers?
Me… 6 seats. Originally 5 but switched to 6 in October with promise to receive it either December or January which didn’t happen.