Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on 2/2/22. Which is weird because nobody else in this thread mentioned getting a VIN when ordering just less than two months ago. It all feels quite suspicious. It's a black/cream/20/5seat. VIN 7SAXCDE52NF3
I ordered in February as well and my estimated delivery was moved up from May 2023 to 3/30-4/16! I'm in Sacramento. blue/cream/20/5seat/LR....

Reactions: Jwalker9
I ordered in February as well and my estimated delivery was moved up from May 2023 to 3/30-4/16! I'm in Sacramento. blue/cream/20/5seat/LR....
February of 2022? I have that almost same exact configuration, except 22's and my order was placed March 8, 2021! While I'm glad for you, it's just another example of how screwed up Tesla's ordering and delivery processes are. 🤬🤬

February of 2022? I have that almost same exact configuration, except 22's and my order was placed March 8, 2021! While I'm glad for you, it's just another example of how screwed up Tesla's ordering and delivery processes are. 🤬🤬
Agreed, happy for the person, but sad for some of the rest of us and really quite unfair. Terrible experience as a first-time Tesla customer continues.... :(

Agreed, happy for the person, but sad for some of the rest of us and really quite unfair. Terrible experience as a first-time Tesla customer continues.... :(
Maybe they are doing a mix of current price orders with the 2021 orders to raise profit margin on the X line during this odd situation of dramatic price increases between order and sale. As much as I hate waiting (Jan 21 order ), I do appreciate them honoring their price agreement, and can understand this approach (if that is what’s going on).

After MANY trials, tribulations, and delays... I've finally got my X plaid.

Attachments

• 20220331_142814.jpg
    20220331_142814.jpg
    690 KB · Views: 103
Congratualtions on your upcoming Model X delivery. Please submit payment via the Tesla App. As soon as payment is received, you will get a delivery text inviting you to the factory to pickup your vehicle with further instructions.

Tesla Fremont Delivery Team
Don't do it! I was able to schedule delivery through the app without paying. But then I called to have my order put on hold.