Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's just the empty field. What the heck is going on?
They just assigned a ton of VINs the past week or so. Guessing that was it for now and they'll pick up production on MS/MX later in the year? Hopefully it's not because of some issues with the assembly lines for those models (which would mean some potential issues for my MXP that is being delivered this week)...

Just got VINed !!!
originaly order 5/6/2021
Last week EDD changed from Dec 2022-April 2023 to June 7 - June 28
Today, got the VIN 7SAXCDE53NF3404XX and EDD changed to June 11-June 12

For the VIN experts out there, how does that look like?

How do I switch from cash to trade-in?

The app is asking me to enter the insurance information. I’m in FL and I guess I’ll go ask my insurance provider for quote.

Yea. Now I'm just hoping I can pick up both my vehicles on the same day. The SC is ~5hr round trip. Far from the end of the world if that doesn't happen and I'll still be happy happy happy. Hoping others get VINned and everyone gets passing grade quality (or repairs).
From one Louisiana Boy to another, I hear ya.
happy.JPG

Just got VINed !!!
originaly order 5/6/2021
Last week EDD changed from Dec 2022-April 2023 to June 7 - June 28
Today, got the VIN 7SAXCDE53NF3404XX and EDD changed to June 11-June 12

For the VIN experts out there, how does that look like?

How do I switch from cash to trade-in?

The app is asking me to enter the insurance information. I’m in FL and I guess I’ll go ask my insurance provider for quote.
Congrats! Was delivered a MXLR 5 seater one week ago, VIN 3410xx built on 4/22/22. Assuming one of the first with swivel screen since I hadn’t seen a lower VIN with it yet. Possible that yours was built around the same time. (In terms of answering your VIN question)

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
You can use the chat feature on Tesla.com and ask them to change you to trade-in.
I've looked all over the Tesla.com site and don't see anything about a chat feature. I'm sure I'm just missing it, but, could you tell me where I can find that? I'm in a similar situation that my MXLR is scheduled in the next month and I have a trade in that I need to add. thanks for your help.

OMG I don’t know where else to turn…

I took delivery about a month ago and there were a variety of minor issues… trim pieces not quite sitting right or with loose adhesive, a slightly bigger than normal gap between hood and lights, one FWD not quite perfectly aligned with the adjacent panel, etc. We wrote it up with the delivery person, they gave me a service appt two weeks away, then pushed it back another two weeks.

I have noticed all this stuff exactly zero times in the intervening month, while falling head over heels in love with the car. Maybe you can see where this is going?

Yesterday I dropped it off for service and not only would they not let me wait for it, they said they’re so backed up it could take four days to finish! And now I’m back to driving an effing minivan because my wife has totally taken over the Model 3! While telling her friends the X is my “midlife crisis mobile”! The nerve! Of Tesla service! Of my wife! What am I supposed to do without the X for another two days? I already wish I had just not bothered to fix anything! Somebody throw me a bone! :)

Anyway, I’m probably not winning any friends among a group of people still waiting for their deliveries, but I can say this: I waited just about a year and it was totally worth it. Hang in there!

I've looked all over the Tesla.com site and don't see anything about a chat feature. I'm sure I'm just missing it, but, could you tell me where I can find that? I'm in a similar situation that my MXLR is scheduled in the next month and I have a trade in that I need to add. thanks for your help.
Login to your account, click Menu > Support > Account Support > Ordering > and then on that page you'll see a little chat box in the bottom right. But it's only active from 8am to 3pm PST.

You can probably also use the Contact Form to make the same request: Contact | Tesla