Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now on 2021.32.5, after a long wait!

I wonder if this update fixed an annoying bug where on occasion you couldn't tap on the upward fan button to toggle it on/off because it was actually selecting the movement controls for the air behind that button. In programming talk this was a focus issue, where it was not selecting the right screen element. The workaround was to touch the very left of that up-vent button, but it was definitely annoying. Maybe it's solved...

I’ve reset mine multiple times when stuck on 2021.12.4.9
Interesting, I couldn’t figure out how to do it on 2022.11.105 (see below screen shot).

Where is the reset button on 12.x and later?

EE990E51-C531-40C9-9428-BDFCA8846B02.jpeg

Interesting, I couldn’t figure out how to do it on 2022.11.105 (see below screen shot).

Where is the reset button on 12.x and later?

View attachment 703932
@MarcG I’m not with the car right now, but recall it was either at the bottom of that screen (scroll down?) or another one, like safety or service. There were radio buttons to reset each counter. The reset was not next to the trip display in your picture. In short, I think you are looking in the wrong place! 🤣

I have a question….I have a 2021 plaid and I’m running 2021.24.4. Another geographically local plaid forum member just updated to 32.5. The service center said 32.5 isn’t available for my vehicle. I don’t understand why that would be. I don’t wanna be argumentative with them about it. Can someone here help me understand how this process works before I ask service again to push an update?

I have a question….I have a 2021 plaid and I’m running 2021.24.4. Another geographically local plaid forum member just updated to 32.5. The service center said 32.5 isn’t available for my vehicle. I don’t understand why that would be. I don’t wanna be argumentative with them about it. Can someone here help me understand how this process works before I ask service again to push an update?
They do it in sections at a time. Your VIN needs to be marked eligible - it’s so if an issue is detected, they only have to roll back / deal with part of the fleet. It’s fairly random. Sometimes you’ll get it before others, sometimes you’ll get it after. It’s nothing particular about your car - it’s just that they don’t launch it for everyone at once. This is a fairly normal procedure for OTA device updates, partitioned launches to limit risk of any issue.

Also - is your update setting on “Advanced”? If not, do that to get the updates as soon as eligible.

They do it in sections at a time. Your VIN needs to be marked eligible - it’s so if an issue is detected, they only have to roll back / deal with part of the fleet. It’s fairly random. Sometimes you’ll get it before others, sometimes you’ll get it after. It’s nothing particular about your car - it’s just that they don’t launch it for everyone at once. This is a fairly normal procedure for OTA device updates, partitioned launches to limit risk of any issue.

Also - is your update setting on “Advanced”? If not, do that to get the updates as soon as eligible.
It is set to Advanced. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain!

One thing I've noticed after updating to 32.5, the haptic feedback on the yoke is now a lot stronger, prominent.
I must have posted in a different thread. The haptics are indeed much stronger (and quite loud when stopped at a light etc) on 2021.32.5. Definitely not a “Safari is snappier” moment. This is a good change.

Last edited: