Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refuel 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Caught the second run here (and ran into @NJ Plugin too):

gy8yra5y.jpg

ademe5ah.jpg

6erybudy.jpg

Looking forward to the parade lap after the bikes and karts are done.

Some pictures from the Corkscrew

DSC_0095.JPG
DSC_0169.JPG
DSC_0170.JPG
DSC_0171.JPG
DSC_0208.JPG
DSC_0211.JPG
DSC_0215.JPG
DSC_0218.JPG
DSC_0230.JPG
DSC_0243.JPG
DSC_0168.JPG
DSC_0154.JPG
DSC_0146.JPG
DSC_0093.JPG
DSC_0089.JPG
DSC_0106.JPG
DSC_0098.JPG
DSC_0091.JPG
DSC_0108.JPG
DSC_0118.JPG
DSC_0134.JPG
DSC_0140.JPG
DSC_0143.JPG

I tried to get every car - so PM me with your car group, color and refuel number and hopefully I can send you the full quality version, if I have something

- - - Updated - - -

An interesting snippet...

I met up with some students from UCDavis who have built an electric racecar for the Formula SAE (they became the first US entrant to ever reach the final last month in Nebraska). They were at Refuel so I went to say Hello (I have a connection the their mentor) - obviously they wanted a ride in a Tesla so I took some around and LoriH kindly arranged for the others to get a ride on the parade lap.

While we were sitting in the car they mentioned they had been chatting to the Tesla engineers who had a load of MSs there with Mfg plates. Apparently one engineer had pointed out that several of the cars were riding a little higher than usual and that these were AWD Model X test mules being put through their paces...

DSC_0238.JPG

Last edited:
Great shots, Richard, thanks! I'm the red number 28. You've got a couple great ones of me, I'll PM you in a bit.

Similarly, I posted up in the tower for the Time Trials, and got shots of all the Teslas running coming up the straight towards the finish line. I'll get them sorted out tomorrow and figure out how to get them to everyone. I know I have a great one of #62 giving a thumbs up.

Nick Howe was talking with a Tesla rep nearby when I asked my wife if the cars with the Tesla T on the window were the factory cars, and they confirmed they were. I asked if they were "special" and was told they were production models. Either they're being sneaky or someone's messing with us :)

If there's shot that accurately sums up the day, it's this guy:
TMC Connect & Refuel-268.jpg

So I'm pretty sure I have at least one passable shot of everyone who ran the TT. Depending on how tightly you hugged the outside of the track, there may be a fence obscuring the shot (sorry). PM me your info (color/number/email) and I'll send you the full resolution images. I'll work on post-processing some and get them up on Flickr tomorrow.

Also, I was in the B (Beginners) group. I don't know whose grey Tesla I was behind, and who kindly showed us the track at a relatively leisurely pace (did you see those Lotus, yikes!) for a few laps that first session and pulled off early, but I owe you a couple beers. I ended up with clear track ahead of me basically all day because of my fast lap times. If you're ever in town, let me know :)

Last edited:
So who was the model S driver that beat me in the Autocross? I should have stayed and let some air out of my tires but the car was packed already :tongue:
I ran a 36.646s and I think he did a 36.39x. My car had a little bit more in it for that course. Good to test out the new tires on an auto x sized track. Seem pretty good. 255/285 19" PSS

Here is my TT run. hit turn 2 pretty bad. thought I was going to lose it across the track on the left after I came out of the sand w/full accel and almost over corrected...swearing loudly, I though that was it!
FYI sound is windy too turn it down!!!
oh, so painfully slow up the hill and down the final 2 straights!
accelerometer data>
laguna.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: