Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regional owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

first would like to say hi to everyone as this is my first post on this forum. :smile:

hoping to be a tesla owner in the near future but I do have questions that I would like to ask current Australian owners.

i current live in Goulburn, where the new chargers have been fitted, which is pretty cool, and have notice a few tesla's driving around town. My question is for those who have made the journey to Goulburn from sydney. How much battery charge in real life driving does the Tesla use on a trip to Goulburn? I know the battery option has got to do with it, but I most likely could only afford a base model/battery.
i am asking this question as my journeys out of Goulburn are 95% of the time to Sydney, and want to get an idea of how much charge I would have left by the time I got to Sydney(airport for example). I don't want I be hunting for a charge as soon as I get to Sydney as it would be a little bit pointless for me to by a tesla.

Any opinions or experiences?
cheers

Hi guys,

first would like to say hi to everyone as this is my first post on this forum. :smile:

hoping to be a tesla owner in the near future but I do have questions that I would like to ask current Australian owners.

i current live in Goulburn, where the new chargers have been fitted, which is pretty cool, and have notice a few tesla's driving around town. My question is for those who have made the journey to Goulburn from sydney. How much battery charge in real life driving does the Tesla use on a trip to Goulburn? I know the battery option has got to do with it, but I most likely could only afford a base model/battery.
i am asking this question as my journeys out of Goulburn are 95% of the time to Sydney, and want to get an idea of how much charge I would have left by the time I got to Sydney(airport for example). I don't want I be hunting for a charge as soon as I get to Sydney as it would be a little bit pointless for me to by a tesla.

Any opinions or experiences?
cheers

Hi Geokon,

Welcome to the forum!

The journey from Sydney to Goulburn used about 60% capacity of my 85kWH battery. It is slightly better on the way from Goulburn to Sydney due to the elevation change being in your favour.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Little bit hartbroken, can't afford the bigger battery models :crying:

have to wait till either improve battery on cheaper models or wait till government gives incentives........ Yep I'm dreaming.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Little bit hartbroken, can't afford the bigger battery models :crying:

have to wait till either improve battery on cheaper models or wait till government gives incentives........ Yep I'm dreaming.

It's ok, you can be like me and live vicariously through the others on the forum here while you wait for the Model 3 :)

At least you have local superchargers that you can go and worship when you feel the need... I have a slightly longer distance to travel!

Hi Geokon,

I wouldnt give up just yet.....

Heres the EV trip planner Projection of Goulburn to Sydney and return.
The units are in Miles etc but its the Kwhr needed EACH way that is interesting.
Ive based it on a 60D with 19" tyres. If you top at either Super charger station in Sydney there's no problem with the trip at all.
syd to goulb.jpg
Goulb to syd.jpg