Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@AllenWong - not a big deal but on the range calculations at the bottom I have noticed that Remote S will show for example 2 hundredths (.02) as .2 but 2 tenths (.20) is displayed correctly. I only use .02 as an example as it will display .01 through .09 the same way. Can that be corrected for us anal types? :)

@AllenWong - not a big deal but on the range calculations at the bottom I have noticed that Remote S will show for example 2 hundredths (.02) as .2 but 2 tenths (.20) is displayed correctly. I only use .02 as an example as it will display .01 through .09 the same way. Can that be corrected for us anal types? :)
Sure thing. It's been fixed in the Remote S 3.3 app store release, which has been approved and released just now.

• Love
Reactions: msnow and Tech_Guy
Sure thing. It's been fixed in the Remote S 3.3 app store release, which has been approved and released just now.
WOW. Can I tell you another time how much I love your app? Great set of updates.

One immediate suggestion: The new firmware release number (THANK YOU) flashes so fast I have to watch for many cycles to read it. How about slowing that down more substantially, or just allowing a tap on the vehicle name to switch and hold to the firmware release until tapped again?

WOW. Can I tell you another time how much I love your app? Great set of updates.

One immediate suggestion: The new firmware release number (THANK YOU) flashes so fast I have to watch for many cycles to read it. How about slowing that down more substantially, or just allowing a tap on the vehicle name to switch and hold to the firmware release until tapped again?
Haha, your connection to Tesla's servers must be really fast then. The firmware display was coded to display during the duration of the app downloading the car stats from Tesla's server. I'm all the way on the east coast and it takes at least a second before the firmware number disappears. Perhaps switching to LTE might slow it down for you? In the next update, I'll just alternate between showing the car name and the firmware version after every car stats update.

Reactions: Tech_Guy and BertL

Haha, I told you that you should have been a beta tester now we will have to wait ;).

Edit: just tried it, it is really fast. by the time I hit "Done" it's flashed then gone.

Last edited:
I downloaded the new version of Remote S and I am having an issue. I am running iOS 8.4 on a iPhone 5s with 32M of memory. The issue is as follows, when I click on the icon to load the app, I see the app start to load and then it does not completely load and it goes back to the screen showing the icon. If I double click the home button, I can see the app but when I click on it to bring it to the fore ground, it crashes again.

I rebooted the iPhone and it still crashed before loading. I then deleted the app and downloaded it again from the Apple store and it does the same thing. I was going to try and log off but to do that I need the app to stay up long enough log off.

The previous version of the app was working great as always. I downloaded it on my iPad and it works fine there.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

I downloaded the new version of Remote S and I am having an issue. I am running iOS 8.4 on a iPhone 5s with 32M of memory. The issue is as follows, when I click on the icon to load the app, I see the app start to load and then it does not completely load and it goes back to the screen showing the icon. If I double click the home button, I can see the app but when I click on it to bring it to the fore ground, it crashes again.

I rebooted the iPhone and it still crashed before loading. I then deleted the app and downloaded it again from the Apple store and it does the same thing. I was going to try and log off but to do that I need the app to stay up long enough log off.

The previous version of the app was working great as always. I downloaded it on my iPad and it works fine there.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!
This is a bug associated using iOS 8. I became aware of it after I already released the current store version. I already issued an update for version 3.3.1 to Apple to fix it. It should be available in the App Store shortly. Sorry that I didn't catch it sooner, because all my Beta testers were on iOS 10 already, and I don't have a 8.4 device to test with.

This is a bug associated using iOS 8. I became aware of it after I already released the current store version. I already issued an update for version 3.3.1 to Apple to fix it. It should be available in the App Store shortly. Sorry that I didn't catch it sooner, because all my Beta testers were on iOS 10 already, and I don't have a 8.4 device to test with.
Allen, let me know how to become a beta tester and I will test future releases on iOS 8.4.

Hi,

I have not yet gotten any invite from Apple to install the beta version...

Allen, let me know how to become a beta tester and I will test future releases on iOS 8.4.
3.3.1 is out now, and it should fix your issue.

3.3.1 is out now, and it displays the firmware release number for longer.
Hi,

I have not yet gotten any invite from Apple to install the beta version...
Maybe it got stuck in your spam folder? But it doesn't matter now. The App Store version is the newest available version at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.