Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought and installed the app. Seems to be a lot in a very small space which is a challenge to remember. What' does everyone find the most useful features of the app that are different from the Teslas own appLocation?
If you go to page 99 on this thread, there's a graphical guide that explains everything. Just the general quicker response time/access to commands is the main reason why I created Remote S (other than because of the Apple Watch app). HomeLink is probably my most used exclusive feature because it saves me the hassle of putting in my PIN number in the keypad. Camp Mode was useful when I took a nap in the car a few times. Some other useful features is having a history of your car's location/Odometer/charge on the map. This makes record keeping a little bit easier, especially if you let other people drive your car (like a valet or child). Having the current firmware version display is useful too, because you can figure out which version your car updated to without having to go check your car.

Just tried to install the app on my Apple Watch and get a message saying App Installation Unavailable, any reason it won't install??
I helped you figure out how to fix it over email already. But if anyone else is reading this and has the same problem, the reason is because the Watch has an OS update pending that requires a restart. So just restart the watch and then you can install the Watch app.

Allen, for some reason Pano Roof OPEN and COMFORT no longer function, just give me the error, "No Connection". Maybe Tesla is screwing with the REST API in advance of v8.1 rlse... VENT and CLOSE still work.
Tesla disabled OPEN and COMFORT for roof settings recently. That was one of the advantages I had over their official app, and I guess they didn't like that.

Installed the app today on my phone, and everything is working fine; however, the Apple Watch app won't connect and displays "Log in Phone App first."
When someone else had this problem, he fixed it by making sure that the iPhone and Watch are paired and near each other. Then he uninstalled all Remote S apps. Then he reinstalled Remote S on the iPhone and Watch at the same time. Then he just logs into the Phone app and it will log into the Watch app at the same time.

Very nice app Allen! Been running it for the past week and just had a couple of thoughts. I used the thread search but it did not turn up anything. Please excuse me if these have been mentioned earlier in the 105 pages.

Living in an extremely cold climate makes a guy wish we could turn on his seat and steering wheel heater's from the comfort of the kitchen. Also, to be able to enable max battery power and warm the battery without having to go outside in the cold would be slick.

Keep up the good work, Nick

Living in an extremely cold climate makes a guy wish we could turn on his seat and steering wheel heater's from the comfort of the kitchen. Also, to be able to enable max battery power and warm the battery without having to go outside in the cold would be slick.

Please see my post 2061.
Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

Those features aren't available in the Tesla API.

Tesla is supposed to release a new and improved app, and I'm sure that if they include new API commands, Allen will work them into his app.

Seems to be a lot in a very small space which is a challenge to remember.

Yup. I have a form of Dyslexia that makes me struggle with things like that, but I've used it a while and I'm happy with it now. Can't put my finger on what helps, perhaps pressing the two "menu" buttons top left/right to Hide/Show various things.

Most useful benefit for me is speed-of-connect. User recommendations for that, alone, were what made me download the APP in the first place. Most useful feature for me is turning the heating on full shortly before starting a drive

Is there a way to get the temperature to resume back to whatever it was set to before? When I get into the car both sides are on HI.

Can Wifee install the APP and NOT have to use MY Tesla account password? (Perhaps she could have her own My Tesla account for the same car?)

She's currently using the Tesla APP and after an update the other day needed my password to reset something. That's fine except she didn't know what it was and I couldn't remember for sure and didn't want her trying various things and perhaps getting me locked out.

She's resourceful though - phoned me up at various points during the day saying "Turn the heating on please" :cool:

Can Wifee install the APP and NOT have to use MY Tesla account password? (Perhaps she could have her own My Tesla account for the same car?)

She's currently using the Tesla APP and after an update the other day needed my password to reset something. That's fine except she didn't know what it was and I couldn't remember for sure and didn't want her trying various things and perhaps getting me locked out.

She's resourceful though - phoned me up at various points during the day saying "Turn the heating on please" :cool:
You don't get locked out I think if you're already logged in. Only users who aren't logged in will be locked out. It's also very easy to disable being locked out. You just have to reset your password Reset your Password | Tesla

Is there a way to get the temperature to resume back to whatever it was set to before? When I get into the car both sides are on HI.
How are you turning on the climate to make it go to HI? Are you pressing the Sun icon? If so, that defaults to setting the temperature to the highest possible and then turning on the climate. If you press it again, it will return back to a more normal temperature and turn off the climate.

I also found that temperatures might be linked to your driver profiles in the car. So if I remember correctly, you should save your default temperature to your driver profile and it should restore back to that temperature when you use your driver profile.

Reactions: Akikiki
I bought and installed the app. Seems to be a lot in a very small space which is a challenge to remember. What' does everyone find the most useful features of the app that are different from the Teslas own appLocation?
Granularity such as charging % and being able to see both charge %, rated range, estimated range, ideal range all in the same view to the hundredths of a mile.
Presets
Actual charging rate per hour
Homelink and Summon integration.
Customizable polling

I mean there are hundreds of options for you to play with to get it just right for you but the most important of all is the hands on support from @AllenWong who is always there and is constantly improving.

If you press it again, it will return back to a more normal temperature and turn off the climate.

Ah, that's the bit I was missing, thanks. I was just leaving Climate on (Sun ICON) and then getting into the car [and having to turn it down from "HI"].

I'll try the driver profile too - that would be handy. I'll also test that if car is set to Wifee profile that using my key to enter (and thus changing to my profile) also works.

Ah, that's the bit I was missing, thanks. I was just leaving Climate on (Sun ICON) and then getting into the car [and having to turn it down from "HI"].
I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can just press the Climate On button on the left side instead of pressing the Sun icon. This way, the temperature stays at whatever it was set to instead of changing it to HI. I don't think that changing it to HI would heat up your car faster than if it was set to room temperature. Setting it to HI is only if you want the car to be hotter than room temperature when you get in.

I don't think that changing it to HI would heat up your car faster than if it was set to room temperature

Thanks Allen. My thinking is that on a cold day over-heating the cabin will heat up the "fabric" inside the car, which will then result in less cold-soak once I get in.

But the flip side is that when the Climate is reset back to normal temperature that probably brings the AirCon on, because Cabin is significantly warmer than set temperature ... mitigating factor is that just opening the doors allows most of the over-heated air out, so it might be that once I actually get in:

Cabin fabric is warmed
Cabin air temperature is close to normal temp.

But i may be kidding myself! and I'm open to other cold-weather strategies.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can just press the Climate On button on the left side instead of pressing the Sun icon. This way, the temperature stays at whatever it was set to instead of changing it to HI. I don't think that changing it to HI would heat up your car faster than if it was set to room temperature. Setting it to HI is only if you want the car to be hotter than room temperature when you get in.

When using range mode, I've found going to HI is an effective workaround for the thermostat "not working" and the system refusing to pull more than 1/2 capacity into the heating element. Flip to HI to warm-up, then bring it back to some nominal temp.

In fact, I've been using your app WHILE DRIVING to help with this workaround.

When using range mode

Whilst winter is here I've been making sure that Range Mode is off during charging so that if I use Climate there is some hope?? that the battery gets warmed up too. I've been top-up charging the battery a few percent too to try to warm the battery ...

... but I'm not sure its working as I am still Regen-Limited for 10 miles or so.

(Climate Boost probably only used for 15 minutes or so, but has definitely been 30 minutes on occasions)

I've been using your app WHILE DRIVING to help with this workaround.

Interesting idea. I.d be happy with that, Wifee is going to tell me its way to Geeky though ... :)

Whilst winter is here I've been making sure that Range Mode is off during charging so that if I use Climate there is some hope?? that the battery gets warmed up too. I've been top-up charging the battery a few percent too to try to warm the battery ...

... but I'm not sure its working as I am still Regen-Limited for 10 miles or so.

(Climate Boost probably only used for 15 minutes or so, but has definitely been 30 minutes on occasions)

Prewarming doesn't see to do much for the car itself, not unless the pack was really cold-soaked. Cruising at 70-80mph when it's less than 20F out cools the cabin very fast... Frozen toes and cold air coming off the glass pano roof.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
@AllenWong have you been able to peruse the latest API changes in detail yet?
Yes, not much new in the 2.50 firmware vs 2.38. Both are still 8.0, so that might be why. Only thing new is "power = 0" and "charge_port_led_color = Off" and a bunch of timestamp fields to each request for data. The timestamp fields might be a clue as to what might the new app be. I suspect that they might introduce a history of the car. By storing the timestamp along with the data, one could get a history of the data presented. It's something I already do though, with the pins on the map. Perhaps they like that feature and are going to add it to their new app.

First of all, i'm very happy with the application. The responsiveness, detailed information about the current while charging/preheating. Great work!

Now for the issue at hand, I used to own a model S. Now i got a model X, and for some reason, after getting the X i have to enter my email and password each and every time i open the app. (yes, i put on the "remember password" function). I tried reinstalling the app, but i still have the same problem.

How do i fix this?

First of all, i'm very happy with the application. The responsiveness, detailed information about the current while charging/preheating. Great work!

Now for the issue at hand, I used to own a model S. Now i got a model X, and for some reason, after getting the X i have to enter my email and password each and every time i open the app. (yes, i put on the "remember password" function). I tried reinstalling the app, but i still have the same problem.

How do i fix this?

Did you name your car yet? I had that problem and giving the car a name fixed it.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
Status
Not open for further replies.