Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing fuse tool touched pyro fuse and sparked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I rebuilding 2016 Tesla model s and while replacing a fuse under the frunk my tool touched the pyro fuse and ground and there was a spark. Everything seem to turn on and seems fine. But the funny thing is I unplugged the 12v battery before I started to work on it, but power was there. The screens turned the pumps where still running handles came out etc. Should I be considered of that spark. I haven't tried to put it into gear yet since the car is a part. Thanks

Hi I rebuilding 2016 Tesla model s and while replacing a fuse under the frunk my tool touched the pyro fuse and ground and there was a spark. Everything seem to turn on and seems fine. But the funny thing is I unplugged the 12v battery before I started to work on it, but power was there. The screens turned the pumps where still running handles came out etc. Should I be considered of that spark. I haven't tried to put it into gear yet since the car is a part. Thanks

Unless you pulled the service/ emergency loop connector, the pack/ DCDC converter could still be supplying 12V if the car was active when you disconnected the 12V battery.

As to fallout from the spark, if it was momentarily and everything is working, you are likely ok.

Unless you pulled the service/ emergency loop connector, the pack/ DCDC converter could still be supplying 12V if the car was active when you disconnected the 12V battery.

As to fallout from the spark, if it was momentarily and everything is working, you are likely ok.
whewww hopefully it will be fine but I noticed a couple of fuses blown that I order to replace. thank you for your reply

Any one knows where the pyro fuse is on tesla s 2022?
epc.tesla.com
Looks accessible from underneath. Be sure to safe the HV system first.
SmartSelect_20220610-144418_Firefox.jpg

SmartSelect_20220610-144038_Firefox.jpg