Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request to enable DAB+ - Interested?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checking, did the Model 3's get DAB+ enabled yet? Not sure if it's in the HW spec for Aust.

No. My SR+ Doesn’t have DAB+.

And I’ve decided I don’t miss it.

I use TUNEIN now since Tesla turned on being able to listen to it through the mobile/LTE chip in the car. All the DAB+ stations I listened too are available on Tunein, with the added bonus of them working in Sydney’s tunnels and when I’m out of Sydney.

I’m pretty sure this functionally was not available in the software when I ordered. One of the many bonuses of being a Tesla owner. The car gets better with time.

Just checking, did the Model 3's get DAB+ enabled yet? Not sure if it's in the HW spec for Aust.
There’s a very very outside chance that model year 2020 cars (early October builds onwards) could have it since they’ve changed a few other things in them... but I am not expecting it. I’ll get my car just before Christmas and I can report back.

Tunein is crappy and cant buffer enough to cover for drop outs. I cant listen to live news on my regular stations without missing chunks of it. Not uncommon to have Tune in dropping out regularly. DAB is required and should be standard kit. Spotify gets around it by buffering more and music is not live so it gets away with it.

Reactions: Vostok
Just out of curiosity; why do we need DAB or even fm radio in australia? We have exellent 3g/4g coverage even in rural regions but crappy fm reception everywhere anywhere. So why not use tunein?
For the reasons above, but also TuneIn uses mobile data. And Tesla has just started to charge users in the US $10/mo for “premium data” and say that if you want to continue streaming media on the move you’ll need to pay it. I would assume that TuneIn would be caught up in that. So instead of being able to listen to the radio for free, we’ll now need to start paying $10/mo. Yeah, having a DAB+ radio would be better, and frankly it is (or should be) standard kit on any car more than $50k. And DAB+ is standard on EU Model 3 variants, so why not here? It’s all a bit... argh.