Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retro-fitting HEPA filter in Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its kind of funny when you log in to Tesla web site to you account. Then you chose accessories and you chose model X Hepa filter upgrade and then it ask you for wich car then you can select model y 2015-2020 and then you pay and select the place you want it instal. I did not make the final payment but I just wonder if that is new or a mistake
Man I would love for this to be not a mistake, but the fact that Model Y wasn't made in 2015 makes me think it is.

After driving with the hepa, the air is so much better. Normally i would smell the fresh cut grass when someone is cutting it. Now its oderless. I drove by a field fire which would smell like burnt ass and it was only a hint, probably because i kept the fan on low setting. For under 200 bucks this might be the best upgrade anyone can do to their car. If you are reading this and trying to decide. This is a 100% yes.

I just place the order for the upgrade retrofit with hepa model X and selected model Y in the order. I have already an installation date. One person at a Sc told me it the app work then it work for that. and another told me it is not out yet. Just curious if they will install the retrofit kit with model y part and upgrade the software. My appointment is September 1

Reactions: KirillK
Let's see what it gives

Attachments

• 20220809_111503.jpg
    20220809_111503.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: KirillK and 101dals
Got my parts!! They first gave me the NON Hepa apron so I had to make sure all the parts listed were correct. The hepa filter is also already installed on the duct.

So.. as you know I'm an everyday guy that doesn't have crazy fancy tools like a hammer/impact drill.

Can I confirm from you guys all I need to buy extra is

Two M6x40mm stainless bolts and two 1-1/4" stainless washers

Some people are using rivets and need a rivet gun?

Reactions: 101dals
Got my parts!! They first gave me the NON Hepa apron so I had to make sure all the parts listed were correct. The hepa filter is also already installed on the duct.

So.. as you know I'm an everyday guy that doesn't have crazy fancy tools like a hammer/impact drill.

Can I confirm from you guys all I need to buy extra is

Two M6x40mm stainless bolts and two 1-1/4" stainless washers

Some people are using rivets and need a rivet gun?
You have to see if the holes for the bolt in your car have the nuts welded. Then the parts you listed are correct. Otherwise you need 2x m5 rivet nut and m5x40mm and washers wide enough