Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit CCS compatibility onto earlier (NA) Model 3 - DIY approach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering, if the both Ukrainian and Korean adaptors are just bypassing the currents from charger to vehicle, then shouldn't they be able to support both AC and DC charging? It's up to the communication between vehicle and charger to decide on which mode they operate, just like TPC can be used for both AC and DC charging. If Ukrainian and Korean adaptors can sustain high voltage/current from DC charging, there's no reason why it cannot operate under AC.

I am wondering, if the both Ukrainian and Korean adaptors are just bypassing the currents from charger to vehicle, then shouldn't they be able to support both AC and DC charging? It's up to the communication between vehicle and charger to decide on which mode they operate, just like TPC can be used for both AC and DC charging. If Ukrainian and Korean adaptors can sustain high voltage/current from DC charging, there's no reason why it cannot operate under AC.

The adapters have no connection to the J1772 AC pins. And if they did it would be a shock hazard as the AC would be live on the exposed DC pins under the J1772, top portion of the CCS1, connector.

Hi Harumio here,

We saw some traffic to our site coming from here, so we registered an account to engage directly and get some feedback and suggestions.

To answer a few questions,
1. Our pricing might differ from Google exchange rate because Google uses mid-market rate, which is significantly "cheaper" than what PayPal / Credit card companies actually charge us. We could offer a US bank wire transfer option but that's usually reserved for bulk orders of 10 adapters and above.

2. Based on our past experience, there shouldn't be any tax/duties for USA customers but Canada would probably have taxes/duties.

3. If there's demand for it, we can organize a group buy but a member of the community would need to offer their Tesla account in order for us to purchase the adapters.

If there's any questions, please feel free to ask. :D

Thank you!
Thanks for the help on this. So far Haurmio has been easy to deal with. My CCS1 adapter has been shipped from Tesla to you. Thanks for helping us out with getting the adapters into the states.

Just to give you all a time frame... Sent Harumio an email on the 18th. Paid on that date, and Tesla Confirmed the order on the 20th, By last night Harumio had said it was shipping. DHL informed me that delivery will be on Wednesday to California. That's pretty impressive.
(DHL is already in possession of the package, confimred)
I ordered on April 14. DHL tentative delivery date is April 29 to Washington State. Can't wait.

Reactions: kayak1
The official Tesla CCS1 adapter is rated for max 300 amps. If the M3 voltage is 350 amps, then my calculation tells me the max kW when using the adapter would be 105. Is that correct?
No, it doesn't seem to actually limit to 300 amps if the station can serve up more. I think somebody reported getting up to 215 kW with a Plaid, pulling nearly 500 amps:

Status
Not open for further replies.