Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit Texas MY parcel sherlf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Logistically, did you do all of this through the app? Or did you drop into the service center? Asking as I have had trouble even getting anyone live at my local SC.
Yes, through the app as an “other” service request. Wrote that I wanted to check on costs of parts and labor for installing it (also provided PDF of parts) and the rest happened as it normally does - they sent an estimate, I approved, date confirmed, and so on. Install Friday morning.

Will take pictures shortly, but got it installed on Friday! Looks great, works great, don't expect it to work miracles for "noise reduction" (but that's not why I had it installed).
Did you get the lower trunk panels replaced with the newer carpeted versions as well? I'm interested in that as I've scratched up the plastic panels from throwing ski poles in the back and would prefer carpeted sides

Wasn't sure if they were in available in North America since everyone has just ordered the top panels for retrofit. Not sure how to check the EPC and don't know the part #/ cost for them yet.
I'm pretty sure these are it! They're on the same list as the C pillar upper trim pieces I had installed. The top trim fits perfectly with the "older" 2022 lower trim that isn't carpeted so if you only want the parcel shelf, you don't really need them.
Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 3.23.38 PM.png

Can someone please confirm these are the part numbers indeed required for a retrofit on a 2022 MYP Fremont build? Trying to get my local SC to order and install this on my car but 2 weeks later they still are searching for the part numbers lol.
I'm pretty sure these are it! They're on the same list as the C pillar upper trim pieces I had installed. The top trim fits perfectly with the "older" 2022 lower trim that isn't carpeted so if you only want the parcel shelf, you don't really need them.
View attachment 851770

I ordered the parts for the parcel shelf and now my service center is saying they can’t install it and I’m confused why I have these parts now. Like there’s no instructions lol. The dude dropped it off and said he wasn’t told to install it and that I should schedule that and then when I did they asked if I could come by tomorrow and I couldn’t.

Then I set a new request to install and they are saying it’s not an official retrofit so they can’t install it.

I ordered the parts for the parcel shelf and now my service center is saying they can’t install it and I’m confused why I have these parts now. Like there’s no instructions lol. The dude dropped it off and said he wasn’t told to install it and that I should schedule that and then when I did they asked if I could come by tomorrow and I couldn’t.

Then I set a new request to install and they are saying it’s not an official retrofit so they can’t install it.
My parcel shelf parts for the retrofit have been on back order for a few months now. I have a feeling Tesla SCs will likely be doing this to more folks that want the retrofit as my local SoCal SC said they have yet to do one themselves for customers.

My parcel shelf parts for the retrofit have been on back order for a few months now. I have a feeling Tesla SCs will likely be doing this to more folks that want the retrofit as my local SoCal SC said they have yet to do one themselves for customers.
Interestingly enough, just got confirmation from the local SC this morning that the parts are in indeed and they will be installing at end of month! Will advise on how the install goes after completion.

We would be able to install for you, our shop is located in Anaheim. Feel free to PM me if you would like to set up an appointment.

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP