Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reuters: "Tesla readies revamped Model 3 with project 'Highland' -sources" [projected 3rd quarter 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can argue about removing the left stalk but after taking a demo drive of the Model S removing the right stalk is a no brainer. We also don't know what other changes Tesla might have made to the steering wheel controls from Model S/X owner feedback. So best to just wait a little longer until we have more details. As the saying goes don't rush to judgement.
My current Model 3 does not have enough tactile controls for me personally, and it is the aspect I dislike the most about it (and 5 years living with it has convinced me more and more on that point). No way I would ever choose to have even less.

Reactions: Falcon73
Tesla Model 3 TLDR:

•Goes on sale October
•Range has increased 12%
•Ambient LED lighting
•New steering wheel (no stalks)
•Center console redesigned
•30% decrease in wind and ambient noise
•25% improvement in impact noise
•20% improvement in road noise.
•Added acoustic glass to rear windows.
•Model 3 rear seat screen
•Front seats ventilation
•upgraded the suspension by fitting new springs and dampers
•8% more efficient (drag coefficient 0.219 Cd)
•Changed 50% of parts
•New colors: Ultra Red & Stealth Gray.
Matt’s Model 3 has no camera in that front grill. The promo pics on Tesla CN show what appear to be a camera…. What’s that about?

Attachments

• 纯电动车、太阳能和清洁能源  特斯拉中国.jpeg
    纯电动车、太阳能和清洁能源 特斯拉中国.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_4103.png
    IMG_4103.png
    1 MB · Views: 77
Only thing I don't like are the new wheels. I'm hoping they don't change the spec of the wheels so I can swap it with the 2020 Performance Grey wheels.

But the rest of the changes were enough for me to decide that I'm most likely trading in my 2023 SR Model 3. Also waiting to see if the new Standard Range will really have over 300 miles and if it will still be using LFP batteries. I really like the new interior, ambient lighting, ventilated seats, noise improvements and small monitor for the rear. Car looks a lot sportier for sure. Can't wait to see the performance model.