Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rivian Automotive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shaq fits in a R1T

D8bP6orUIAACnrs.jpg

Aren't they production constrained? Why would they be paying celebrities to promote the vehicle? Are they still looking for more investors? Just make the stupid truck already.

That's pretty much all start ups do. The priority is to impress investors with demos not to impress customers with real products.

Rivian definitely is not the next Tesla. Elon is adamant he'd spend all resources on the product and zero on marketing. It's more like Faraday Future although I have to admit it's doing an even better marketing job than FF did.

• Disagree
Reactions: RobStark
That's pretty much all start ups do. The priority is to impress investors with demos not to impress customers with real products.

Yeah, and that is a sure fire way to fail IMO. They burn through cash to get more cash and never deliver anything to customers or deliver too late. Tesla had the right approach by focusing on impressing customers with great products. Tesla quickly developed a very loyal customer base and the marketing took care of itself.

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT and CarlK
'cept Faraday Future wasn't given a pile of cash from Bezos.

If anyone has not noticed it yet Bezos has made quite a few Elon envy investments, Blue Origin, Aurora and Rivian. None of them is going to be like the real thing with competitive products now or in the foreseeable future. They are either money pits for him or will fail the moment money stopped coming in.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EarlyAdopter
there is a reservation holder only event on June 15th in Denver, unfortunately I wont be in Colorado yet so i cant go, but looking forward to the live feed.

Is it being live-streamed anywhere? I’ve only tangentially been following Rivian, but I’ve liked what I’ve heard so far. If they deliver on their specs, that would be an incredible truck and could help start converting some die hard gas guys.

If anyone has not noticed it yet Bezos has made quite a few Elon envy investments, Blue Origin, Aurora and Rivian. None of them is going to be like the real thing with competitive products now or in the foreseeable future. They are either money pits for him or will fail the moment money stopped coming in.
He does have a pile of cash...well...maybe a few bills lighter now. Heck...I think his ex might have more money than Elon...and I think she's gonna give away more money that what Elon has....hhhhh :D