Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster on Top Gear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another trip abroad, another set of oil company ads on the BBC site.

Not Shell this time though.

SC20111102-171518.jpg

The last trip.

190092859.jpeg

Last edited:
I noticed quite a bit of whining about losses and expenses in the UK in the 3rd Qtr financial information. Obviously they're trying to build their case that there was actual financial injury caused. Hopefully Tesla can at least get their lawyer fees covered. What a stupid waste of money.

I noticed quite a bit of whining about losses and expenses in the UK in the 3rd Qtr financial information.
I think "Quite a bit" is overstating it by, uh, quite a bit :). There were about two sentences in it in the press release and Elon talked only briefly about it in the call because someone asked and then mostly said he couldn't talk about it. I thought it was a pointed jab at Top Gear, but nothing more.

TheLawyer.com: High Court drives hard bargain in Tesla case against Top Gear - Nov 14, 2011

Although the limitation period for malicious falsehood is just a year, the claim was not launched until March 2011, meaning that the claimant could only *pursue the broadcaster for airings falling within the preceding year.

However, the court highlighted that for malicious falsehood to apply, the claimants must show that a special damage had followed as a direct result of the publication. In this case, the claimant made no *submissions on actual *damages.

I repeat, Tesla should just completely drop this waste of time, money, and resources. Totally ridiculous. :cursing:

going full circle?

Roadster on Top Gear - BBC television series tests new electric car
Top Gear on Wikipedia - the famous dictionary about Life, the Universe and just everything got even more useful
Wikipedia on Roadster - With the latest touchscreen firmware, drivers of the all-electric sports car now can browse contents from the internet, e.g. wikipedia articles about HOV lane access in California