Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster on Top Gear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one should be surprised, but still. He didn't simply say shoot the strikers, which might be seen as a joke. He said "I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families." "I mean, how dare they go on strike when they've got these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living." I especially like how he says he has to work for a living. And lining them up in front of their families, that's evil not a joke IMHO.

Not to mention that the fact that public workers in many countries have lower salaries than public sector jobs but good pensions, that's always been the trade-off for the low salary. And now they are going for the pensions, and they wonder why people get upset? (I'm sorry for the off topic, this just hits a bit close to home :)

Cobos

"Get those two together some day." LOL

One thing I noticed in the Llewellyn interview was how long the anchors allowed him to ramble on. All the US news shows would have let him talk for about two sentences.

Last edited:
Top Gear's latest antics? Suggesting kids (or 52 year old kids) might like to go around unplugging EVs. "Imagine coming back and finding you've only got 2 miles."
I don't understand these guys. People who want to cause trouble will do so anyway, EV or not. They could easily go around letting air out of tires or messing with gas tanks on ICEs as well. I'm sure the Model S will alert you if your charging stops anyway.

Last edited:
Top Gear's latest antics? Suggesting kids (or 52 year old kids) might like to go around unplugging EVs. "Imagine coming back and finding you've only got 2 miles."

:rolleyes: Did TG also suggest that kids could immobilize any ICE car that doesn't have a locking gas cap just by pouring in a bag of sugar/salt/sand or peeing in the tank or putting glue in the door locks or sticking a pocket knife in your tires or....I could go on and on. TG used to be mildly amusing but with good car reviews, now the presenters seem to act so ignorant it's hard to take them seriously.

P.S .Ooops , didn't see dsm363's post... +1 to his comments.

I am glad I recently got an OVMS. Planning to get it up and running tomorrow. Probably just as well so I can be alerted to any stupidity like that when I am public charging (which of course I only do when I really NEED to, so it would be quite an annoying).

FYI , the Mythbusters busted the sugar-in-the-gas-tank thing. Not nice to have sugar in there but it isn't going to blow the engine.

Obviously it's just as easy to vandalize an ICE as an EV. I think there is a very minor issue with electric charging in that EV's and charging are "new" and therefore might become a tempting target for the juveniles of this world (young and otherwise).

But they are complete idiots at TG if they think there isn't a trivial solution via smartphones - of course this already exists (Leaf, Tesla Tattler, OVMS...).

Edit: Actually that just gave me an idea... put a "Video Surveillance" sticker in the window above the charge port...