Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rude and Arrogant at Yorkdale Toronto Location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else had a bad experience at the Toronto Yorkdale Mall location. They don't answer the phones, rude and arrogant in person, hard to find staff to talk to and good luck getting a test drive. As a deposit holder and shareholder who can easily afford an S or X, I'm quite disappointed and not the Tesla level that I would expect. I am honestly having second thoughts about keeping my reservation.
I'm a big Tesla Fan and believer and honestly the in store experience has soured me. Curious if anyone else is having bad experiences at Yorkdale? They sure have caught on to the Toronto and Yorkdale level of arrogance and rudeness, which is concerning and disappointing.

End rant :)

Went mid day on a week day. Yorkdale is a zoo on the weekends and I wouldn't even attempt that. Dressed professionally, so it's not a case of looking someone who can't afford. As soon as I mentioned I had a Model 3 reservation, it was like I'm a second class citizen.
Last time I was there , (probably over a year ago as I try and avoid Yorkdale) I didn't have an issue.

I always dress like a bum when I go to Yorkdale lol and my experience has always been great...I schedule my test drive the same week of the model 3 reveal, and it didn't took long to book an appointement. The guy that was with us test driving the car was very cool, patient but went too aggressive on the drive, and my wife had no notice before that extremely fast acceleration and got a whiplash as a result...2 months later and she still remenbers lol if I dont get the Ludicrous mode i'll blame it on that guy lol...

When I go in person to ask question, I always end up waiting a while before someone talking to me, and most of the time I have to chase after them...I wouldn't say overall they are rude but they are busy and that's understandable...
However I did go last Sunday and there was one guy who I would say got me worried about the service...He was a bit older, and was treating me like if you are not a potential buyer of model S and get me my sales quota then don't waste my time kind of attitude...At least that's the impression I got...But then I talk to another guy fairly young, he was great, exited about the product and took the time to answer my questions.
I don't know I guess it depend on who you get, but for the most part I would say they are what I expected...

End of rant... lol

Last edited:
Reactions: TrevTremaine
As has been mentioned, the turnover, long hours for some, constant short staff numbers, and related issues are a problem, at both locations. It would be good for Tesla and its HR to bring an end to that. Still, I've never seen less than courteous and helpful people at both locations, who are doing their best in difficult situations.

I also had a bad experience. I think it is the location. Yorkdale male is a zoo... too busy. They must be swamped and don't have time to properly attend customers.
Same thing at the NY store, never returned my calls...
Cleveland, on the other hand, has fabulous customer service. They bent over backward for me.

I've reserved the 3, but may end up pulling the trigger on an S or X and still take a 3 as a second car.
Just a surprising experience for a car maker who is suppossedly doing things differently.
I'm not going to push it further.
The bigger they get the further into the game the more they are the same. I don't think anyone can argue the shine has worn off slightly.

My average response from DS is approximately 3-4 weeks from the time i email him.. actually i don't think he reads his email..

From a service perspective this is absolutely terrible.. however, i believe Elon vision is to create an amazon experience, where tracking is self-served... I think we will see all the industry move that way as we find this the norm.

We had a great experience at Yorkdale in 2014 when we had our test drive and bought our "S". We were with them for over 5 hours and they answered our mirage of questions without hesitation and always with a smile on their face.
We do not know the current situation as Tesla has become more popular everywhere.

We had a great experience at Yorkdale in 2014 when we had our test drive and bought our "S". We were with them for over 5 hours and they answered our mirage of questions without hesitation and always with a smile on their face.
We do not know the current situation as Tesla has become more popular everywhere.

5 Hours? Wooww, good thing you bough an S lol, otherwise they might have been a bit disappointed after 5 hours of answering questions...

I'm not sure it is fair to be naming Tesla staff (with respect to a complaint) on this forum, as there is no way for them to respond.

I find that in any business dealing, it is best to keep correspondence between the parties involved, unless things have broken down past one's "point of no return".

I fully agree with you though, communications from Tesla on all fronts needs to improve...I just think that naming and shaming is not the way to accomplish this.