Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

LR RWD, Red Exterior, Black 5-seat Interior, Gemini Wheels, AP but No FSD, Located in Arizona.

Placed my order in January 2020 right before Q4 earnings announcement (I had a suspicion there would be changes after the earnings announcement and got my order in right on time).

Say's "Prepare for Delivery" but no option to complete registration or payment.

nichw252, It used to have that option . Mine was originally entered as a Long Rang RWD, Since then it's gotten changed to just Long Range. I do wish he would have left the RWD option so we could get a sense on how many of us are out there. And it seems that any new entries are either LR-AWD or Performance. Too Bad.

Reactions: mgraff
I’ll bet there are lawyers salivating at the thought that Tesla will cancel preorders after they took the money and held it for months, or that they try to force depositors to increase the purchase price by requiring more options.

The purchase agreement has verbiage along the lines of “if we cancel making the car you ordered we can simply refund your money.” It’s on the second page after the block about arbitration (sorry I’m too lazy to look it up and cut and paste). They’re well protected legally... it would be a PR snafu, of course, but does Tesla worry about angry Twitter and angry Reddit? I guess it depends on how many LR RWD orders are outstanding...

Reactions: dontblinkdoc
nichw252, It used to have that option . Mine was originally entered as a Long Rang RWD, Since then it's gotten changed to just Long Range. I do wish he would have left the RWD option so we could get a sense on how many of us are out there. And it seems that any new entries are either LR-AWD or Performance. Too Bad.

Yeah, I really want to know an estimate of the RWD/AWD breakdown is.

FWIW Department:
LR RWD White/White FSD Florida ordered 1/1/20
Prepare for Delivery but NO option to complete Reg payment or Reg
AND... if you go to change your order, you cannot edit a LR RWD order, but only select options for an AWD model. If you select no car, the “gas savings” cost shows -$4300.

Has anybody called Tesla to inquire about the delivery dates for LR RWD?
Mine is also listed as Prepare for Delivery and they provided a phone number where questions can be addressed.
Are you going to fall for that? Tesla doesn’t return calls!

Yes so does mine....
This is obviously a huge snafu of a rollout. It should be pretty obvious that they aren’t going to send cars Willy-Nilly all over the country with no organization. Regional deliveries are the most logical, but logic appears to be thrown out the window.

I got no email, just noticed the “prepare for delivery” in my account. This should be entertaining.

I’m not preparing anything, except some popcorn.

Last edited:
What is the total price for you guys? For some reason my prepare for delivery page is less than when I bought it....not complaining.

Price$52,000
(Excludes tax, registration, discounts and fees)

• Model Y
  • Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

Cool, similar thing happened with me, its 54.5k now (with Red Paint), I remember placing the order even before the model y reveal event was finished :D, when did you order ?

I have my MY LR RWD under “Prepare for Delivery”.
I reached out to Tesla through their chat and they said a representative would be calling me back, which they did this morning. A lady from Tesla (Nevada phone) called me and did not seem really prepared to answer questions.
She said I should have received an email from them with further instructions, which I did not receive and she could not resend it. I inquired about the RWD production and she said they would not be producing such version. After complaining and asking about what options they would give us, she said that they would upgrade us to AWD. Since I wanted to have that clear, I’ve asked her again before we finished the call and she confirmed the same thing.

I’m not sure if this is just the lack of information on their side or a joke, or maybe both.

Reactions: emYgrunt