Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have problem with buttons that have long press setup. Suddenly when I long press a configured button, I get en error and the button is lost from dashboard, lose function (both single and long press) and I have to connect the lost button from the beginning...

Is there any change to add the feature "switch to neutral" with a button? I'm always fiddeling with the stick when entering the (belt type) carwash :)
Not for now. CarWash should help with your use-case.

I have problem with buttons that have long press setup. Suddenly when I long press a configured button, I get en error and the button is lost from dashboard, lose function (both single and long press) and I have to connect the lost button from the beginning...
If you long press a button for 15 seconds it will unpair from the Commander. The Long press is only 2-3 seconds so we didn't expect that you will hold it that long :)

Will they, or do they work with the 2023s?

Thanks
Yes, it's supported. See all supported models here: S3XY Buttons Functions

Did you guys get Austin 2022/2023 sorted out yet?
Yes, we are waiting for the new cable which should be available for Christmas. In the meantime, we saw that some customers had the Model Y from Austin with the normal harness so if you want the buttons now it's best to check if you have the cables with the blue connectors at the back of your CC and if it's there you can order the current bundle without additional cable.

I didn't long press 15 seconds. Maybe 5 seconds and then the buttons unpaired...
If this happens again, please, send the issue to the support team at enhauto.com.

Hi Ditmar, what about a smart function option which auto re-engage AP after a few seconds when switching lanes? That should be a top feature
This is still on the table but it looks like it's more difficult to be implemented with the current Commander who has access to only one of the CAN Buses. We still plan to introduce something which will help in most cases but will probably be a Beta version and not mature because the algorithm will not have the access to all the signals in the car.

Does it look like Fremont Model Y started to use the Austin style connectors? There isn’t any extra space to put back the cover

Attachments

• E44CF085-C37F-49DF-B36A-E2B73AEFD26F.jpeg
    E44CF085-C37F-49DF-B36A-E2B73AEFD26F.jpeg
    508.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 8CA27400-0AAF-47ED-A6B6-1431C0795C67.jpeg
    8CA27400-0AAF-47ED-A6B6-1431C0795C67.jpeg
    779.2 KB · Views: 76
Does it look like Fremont Model Y started to use the Austin style connectors? There isn’t any extra space to put back the cover
My '21 MYP also have barely any room to put the cover back on. I "folded" the connectors as best as I can to take up as little space as possible and pushed hard to get the cover back on. It's worked just fine since the installation, but installing the harness on Model Y apparently is quite a bit more difficult than Model 3 due to the lack of space. I certainly did not enjoy installing the harness, but once installed, I love these buttons.

Reactions: Ts91 and KennethS

My '21 MYP also have barely any room to put the cover back on. I "folded" the connectors as best as I can to take up as little space as possible and pushed hard to get the cover back on. It's worked just fine since the installation, but installing the harness on Model Y apparently is quite a bit more difficult than Model 3 due to the lack of space. I certainly did not enjoy installing the harness, but once installed, I love these buttons.
Our 2022 MYLR, made in China, is also the same. It was a struggle to get the cover back on compared to our 2019 M3P but it has remained closed since I did the installation a few months ago.

Reactions: Ts91
My '21 MYP also have barely any room to put the cover back on. I "folded" the connectors as best as I can to take up as little space as possible and pushed hard to get the cover back on. It's worked just fine since the installation, but installing the harness on Model Y apparently is quite a bit more difficult than Model 3 due to the lack of space. I certainly did not enjoy installing the harness, but once installed, I love these buttons.The

On my 22 M3P, it was really tight and I had to fold wires and stuff quite a bit. The commander didn't fit and it sits on the floor near a seat. It's not a problem there.

Reactions: HSATD and Ts91