Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can some kind soul answer this please. I have score of 100 since Thursday. Long story but I have no access to the Tesla email, but I have app. Wondering if there is any download/access link some sorts I have to act on in the email? or would that be pushed to the car without doing anything on the email? Promise this is the last question, would the copy of that email appear in the inbox of the tesla app on the Iphone?
And no, you don't have to do anything with the email. You'll get an update notification from your Tesla app, install update, toggle on FSD features, full send it down the road.

Reactions: davezforce
You guys are legends. Thank so much for the quick answer. I don't think this ever happened in the history since the invention of the wheel where we buy an expensive car and pay in advance for the non existing fictional FSD and painfully wait for them to push the beta software to us. I couldn't sleep last two nights. If I buy the Tesla shares in stead of Tesla car I would have been a millionaire by now.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I agree with the let it go route. From everything I hear, having the beta is even more stressful than maintaining the score. It only gets harder in the beta. You actually lose a perfectly good working AP… you have to be hyper aware all the time and the camera is watching even which direction your eyes are looking.
According to YouTuber Dirty Tesla you can go into settings and disable FSD beta and go back to traditional AP if it becomes overwhelming. Switch it back when you’re ready to jump back in the pool

According to YouTuber Dirty Tesla you can go into settings and disable FSD beta and go back to traditional AP if it becomes overwhelming. Switch it back when you’re ready to jump back in the pool
I have seen this multiple times. You can setup multiple profiles as well. Like your wife profile might not have it. I just wonder if still on Tesla Vision or not? My car has radar and my understanding it will not use radar after FSD Beta version.

Reactions: Ramphex
I agree with the let it go route. From everything I hear, having the beta is even more stressful than maintaining the score. It only gets harder in the beta. You actually lose a perfectly good working AP… you have to be hyper aware all the time and the camera is watching even which direction your eyes are looking.
You don't lose a perfectly good working AP... you can disable FSD, you don't have to use it if you don't like it.
Just go in the Autopilot settings and turn it off.

I'm new too and can confirm that I've got no "like" button.

Welcome to you and the other new folks. As has been mentioned the 'Like' button will appear for you soon and will be lower right as shown here. That's the button I pushed to say welcome.

1635037899940.png

Man reading the thread on people’s experiences with the beta is making me a little nervous about trying it out. I don’t think I’m going to turn it on with the wife or kids in the car.

My significant other hates my driving.

Thought the “safer” driving car would be more loved.

Nope, hated the way it (currently) drives as well. Possibly hates it more.

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex and Chrisgt
Man reading the thread on people’s experiences with the beta is making me a little nervous about trying it out. I don’t think I’m going to turn it on with the wife or kids in the car.
takes a little getting used to, for myself, I guess it was just learning to trust FSD in situations where it responded differently. The more I learn to trust it, the more I use it.

It also seems to handle a variety of situations better when you are around 5mph below the speed limit.

It has disengaged a number of times over the last weeks forcing me to take over, however, I don't recall a situation where it has put in me in harms way.

That being said, I still disengage it when it does things that I simply don't do, like in residential areas, driving down the fricking middle of the street and grudgingly moving to the right at the last second the minimum amount necessary. I know that is acceptable for some people, but I don't do it and I certainly don't do it when vehicles are incoming, so I just disengage.

does anyone have a AP 2.0->3.0 upgraded early Model S (late 2016 - 2017) with the RGB type cameras? I've noticed the safety score on that car is really low even though I drive both the 3 and the S. I'm wondering if it due to the camera issue elon is referring to - I wonder if they started noticing this now with the safety score development. I don't see that I drive the cars differently yet one is in the 90's for the score and the other car is 72!