Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do I need to maintain my safety score to keep the beta?
Safety Score will drop off the app 🥳

Some have received this email after using the beta:
"Hello,
You are receiving this email because telemetry from your vehicle was flagged for improper usage of the FSD Beta feature.
Specifically, while using the FSD Beta feature, you or another driver of your vehicle received:

• Two or more “strikeouts,” which resulted in the loss of Autopilot availability for that drive; or
  • At least one “strike” per 5 km (about 3 miles) driven on Autopilot, which is a visual and audible warning that requires attention.
This is your only warning to please keep your hands on the wheel and remain attentive at all times when using Autopilot. The car is not autonomous, and if you aren’t paying attention, a crash could happen, and you or others could get hurt, or worse, so failure to abide by this warning will result in removal of the FSD Beta feature from your vehicle.
The Tesla Team"

• Informative
Reactions: K5TRX
Wonderful. I did the opt out / opt in, ran some errands and got 99. I just pulled out of my driveway to do a run down highway 280 to hit 100 miles and a parked car 2 doors down gave me a FCW. Reset didn’t clear it, so back to square 1.
9D8B2E30-21CE-4251-8E8C-818D92CDDC6F.png

Opting out and back in didn’t clear it for my wife’s 3 that has a 94.

I was trying her car since my S is an early 2017 that, while I have a 99 safety score, is disqualified due to the old cameras :(

Is there a trick? I opted out this morning. Then drove 177 miles round trip to a kid school activity and had a 99 fir that drive… but the average is still 94.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I opted out and back in last Tuesday, 10/26 and had about 150 miles with a 100 score on Friday. Friday evening I got the email and downloaded. Like the visuals but it didn't handle a traffic circle or a left turn approach at a light very well yesterday. I did save the clip and emailed my comments to Tesla. Happy driving!

Wonderful. I did the opt out / opt in, ran some errands and got 99. I just pulled out of my driveway to do a run down highway 280 to hit 100 miles and a parked car 2 doors down gave me a FCW. Reset didn’t clear it, so back to square 1. View attachment 727593
This makes no mathematical sense. IF that was the ONLY FSD warning you got at 100 miles, the average would be 10/1000 miles, not 80.9.

It's very unclear to me: (a) how many miles you had when you "just pulled out of your driveway" and got an FSD, and (b) how many miles you had when you took the screen shot.

Opting out and back in didn’t clear it for my wife’s 3 that has a 94.

I was trying her car since my S is an early 2017 that, while I have a 99 safety score, is disqualified due to the old cameras :(

Is there a trick? I opted out this morning. Then drove 177 miles round trip to a kid school activity and had a 99 fir that drive… but the average is still 94.
I was in a similar position, a 94 with over 800 miles. There was no clear path to anything close to 100, so I reset. While the car was parked I opted out. Then I waited about :45 min a checked my App and didn’t see the Safety Score option. About :20 min later I went back to the car and opted back in. (I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the Opt-in button was greyed out but it was very bright out and I didn’t see that I had to check a few boxes first!)

From there I did not yet have the Safety Score back on my phone but I had a few errands to run so I just headed out. By the second trip of the afternoon it was recording my scores and now I’m back to a 100 with 12miles driven. I’m planing to do a few very cautious errands to get over 100miles and then park the car for the week.…🤞

Toward the end I was pretty good at getting 100. I did not feel like I was driving like a grandma, speeding is OK
  • Keep a good distance from the car in-front. If in doubt go to autopilot and set to 7. What ever the distance is, I add a car length.
  • Always stop a car length from the car in-front
  • Never use the break, anticipate breaking situation and use regen.
  • Finger on the Autopilot trigger. I anticipate cars cutting in-front of me, trigger AP before they get to my lane.
  • Turn approximately 20-23mph or slower.

This makes no mathematical sense. IF that was the ONLY FSD warning you got at 100 miles, the average would be 10/1000 miles, not 80.9.

It's very unclear to me: (a) how many miles you had when you "just pulled out of your driveway" and got an FSD, and (b) how many miles you had when you took the screen shot.
I had 3 miles when I pulled out of the driveway, stopped and did a reset as soon as I saw the FCW then checked my score. The reset didn’t “take” and I guess I was close enough to my house that the car still had WiFi.

I finally did my freeway run today and have 99 with 104 miles. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: JeremyJ
My safety score is grading me on my autopilot drives. My 2018 model X has a radar sensor and continues to false forward collision warnings. Autopilot also breaks hard and irrationally at stop signs and stop lights. AP regularly takes turns at a high rate of speed and skews my high turn score.

The safety score app continually scores AP as following too closely? I assumed that AP would only allow the car to follow closely enough to enable braking that would prevent a collision.

Is AP following too close or is Safety Score scoring AP incorrectly?

Is anyone else having this problem. And does anyone know how to contact tesla support?

Toward the end I was pretty good at getting 100. I did not feel like I was driving like a grandma, speeding is OK
  • Keep a good distance from the car in-front. If in doubt go to autopilot and set to 7. What ever the distance is, I add a car length.
  • Always stop a car length from the car in-front
  • Never use the break, anticipate breaking situation and use regen.
  • Finger on the Autopilot trigger. I anticipate cars cutting in-front of me, trigger AP before they get to my lane.
  • Turn approximately 20-23mph or slower.
That’s nuts who drives like that long term. First FSD driving should not get scored at all. The algorithms should factor in the occasional bad driver who cuts in front of you. That’s the magic of Tesla’s data set. Each instance can be examined by AI and determine who‘s at fault. If the feature is not ready for prime time it should not be used to to calculate insurance rates or provide drivers who have paid for FSD access The ability to use it.

They are trying to clear the 100s and 99s before the 98s are served next friday. This has been "trickling in" and looks like they are approving 2000-2500 cars a day now based on TeslaFi metrics.
Per TeslaFi there was a burst of 10.3.1 downloads on the 25th and another on the 29th. Each release takes a couple days for everyone to actually install it as you can see below. When TeslaFi showed 250 downloads of 10.2, Elon said it was ~1000. So maybe 4,000 downloads 10/25 and 1,000 on 10/29? There are not the same number of downloads each day.:

Install History​

Date10/3110/3010/2910/2810/2710/2610/25
Installs41625596123939