Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i have been using the beta for 5 days and it is definitely buggy. my car tried to kill me again this morning so writing to emphasize the whole "keep your hands on the wheel" thing is legit. on the straight sections, no issues at all. for turns, really watch anything involving 3 lane merges or a greater degree of turn. you will probably have to take over. the wheel moves all over the place and, like this morning, it might just want to drive off the road on the turn. hate to have anyone get hurt thinking this is more than it is at this point (a cool but dangerous novelty).

• Informative
Reactions: K5TRX and Itsuo-DC
Just got “the” email. No clue when I’ll see the download though.
Mind telling us what your score is (98/99/100, etc.), how long you believe you waited after receiving it before you received notification you will get it? Also, when you park is your vehicle normally connected to wifi?

Nada here. 100 safety score.
I just made it to 110mi with a 100 score last night. I wonder if those who made it to 100 this week will have to wait until this weekend to get access.

Last edited:
Mind telling us what your score is (98/99/100, etc.), how long you believe you waited after receiving it before you received notification you will get it? Also, when you park is your vehicle normally connected to wifi?

I just made it to 110mi with a 100 score last night. I wonder if those who made it to 100 this week will have to wait until this weekend to get access.
Guess we’ll find out! Not driving the car all this week… so it’s sitting at 102 miles @ 100 safety score until the weekend.

NOA right? Navigate on Autopilot
Ah. The OP wrote NOP. But even NOA is confusing. I thought we called it AP (AutoPilot)
@Gigaron

Thanks! First time beta request/new car, or a reset Safety Score recipient?
Third time around. First time was 20-day 89 due to one 0 day from a handful of FCW caused by driving through a one-way alley where I have to slalom around cars parked alternated on both sides, second was 1-day 62 due to a parked car FCW just before I was going to do a 100 mile run and this time was 3-day 99 from a 103 mile run with 1.9% aggressive turning. Completed the run on Saturday night, email showed up Monday night, Beta pushed Tuesday AM.

Last edited:
So odd all the “I got dings from AutoPilot” being posted. I made it to 3,300+ miles with a 99 before I got the beta and never once got dinged from AutoPilot.

I do believe you can get dinged using TACC but unless you are pressing the accelerator or brake pedal yourself while using / disabling AutoPilot it won’t give you a ding.

So odd all the “I got dings from AutoPilot” being posted. I made it to 3,300+ miles with a 99 before I got the beta and never once got dinged from AutoPilot.
You can also be in a situation where AP doesn't cach that traffic in front of you is slowing rapidly so the vehicle must go from 60+ to 30+ on short order. If it doesn't have enough time it will slow you down but in my experience you'll also get dinged for hard breaking. The only thing AP saved me from was Unsafe Following--as long as you don't touch the accelerator as you mention.

Guess we’ll find out! Not driving the car all this week… so it’s sitting at 102 miles @ 100 safety score until the weekend.

Same! I told my other half (who doomed us with at 32 score last week before restart) that Uber is the only option if there are no transit options. I just want to get past this and not have to think about it anymore. Besides we usually only drive once or twice a week anyway so it's not that big of a deal.

You can also be in a situation where AP doesn't cach that traffic in front of you is slowing rapidly so the vehicle must go from 60+ to 30+ on short order. If it doesn't have enough time it will slow you down but in my experience you'll also get dinged for hard breaking. The only thing AP saved me from was Unsafe Following--as long as you don't touch the accelerator as you mention.

Same! I told my other half (who doomed us with at 32 score last week before restart) that Uber is the only option if there are no transit options. I just want to get past this and not have to think about it anymore. Besides we usually only drive once or twice a week anyway so it's not that big of a deal.
I did the opt out/in thing last Tuesday and drove very carefully for the next few days. Had a score of 100 over about 150 miles on Friday. That evening I got the email and installed. I have to say that that I drive more safely than the FSD does. It is beta though and I'm sure it'll improve. I'm reporting issues to Tesla and waiting for things to improve. Seems to act badly in the same places.

Hah. Yep! My car will NOT move. No sir! Come on, FSD… come to me so normal service can resume…

Anyone know how long you have to be in the 99 club before getting the update? Hit 99 last night with total Safety Score mileage at 930.

Tesla app and Stats app say 99, but the Stats app shows a true value of 98.5, so it looks like it’s rounding up. Do rounded up 99s not count?

Attachments

• 82803885-DB76-4D1B-8D73-C7EE0D8E213B.png
    82803885-DB76-4D1B-8D73-C7EE0D8E213B.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 6C9243A6-0B42-4278-BDFE-B61517AC64D4.png
    6C9243A6-0B42-4278-BDFE-B61517AC64D4.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 36
Anyone know how long you have to be in the 99 club before getting the update? Hit 99 last night with total Safety Score mileage at 930.

Tesla app and Stats app say 99, but the Stats app shows a true value of 98.5, so it looks like it’s rounding up. Do rounded up 99s not count?
Mine was a rounded up 99 (98.7x or 98.8x I don’t remember exactly). Got the beta a few days after I hit 99.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
How much is it dragging the score down?
A ton i make a 98 mile commute 90% highway and 10% rural divided 2 lane. That commute is probably 80% of my overall miles Driven. I have almost no dings on the drives without FSD engaged. and my score is 87. Musk even tweeted that FSD drives would not be scored. The AP team needs to rectify this. Can you imagine what people in Texas and California feel when their insurance payments are calculated by FSD/AP drives? This problem needs worked on very soon. People need to stop gaming the system for their own personal benefit and look at the big picture.

Reactions: scottf200

I do believe you can get dinged using TACC but unless you are pressing the accelerator or brake pedal yourself while using / disabling AutoPilot it won’t give you a ding.
Totally not my experience. Multiple dings while using AP i have 86k miles driven on my model X most of them on AP. I can tell you without doubt I’ve got an 87 score and at least 11 of the points off have been during AP drives with no input by the driver (me)