Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, def have to take it with a grain of salt. Also, he never defined "good" in terms of a score, so it makes the tweet even less meaningful.

What I'm curious about is what percentage of people who bought FSD are "in the frenzy" right now. These are the people who knew about the button's imminent release and pushed it as soon as possible, and are now trying to go for their best score. Anecdotally, I know quite a few FSD purchasers who aren't following any of this stuff. So... it could be that most people trying will get in first round. There's just not enough info to know.
Exactly. I know one other person in my town that had no clue what the button was. I'd imagine they are probably in the majority. Techies like myself love this stuff and want everything as soon as possible, but most people want stuff that "just works"

So one thing i noticed with the safety score hard braking section, is that hard braking is determined by g-force at 0.3g. That being said, the other day i was going down a hill with a stoplight at the bottom and i had to use the brake pedal to slow the car because regen couldnt slow me given the hill. I got knocked for hard braking because of that, but i wasnt slowing down mph wise any faster than i otherwise would have, but because the car experienced higher than 0.3g (i presume) since i had to hit the brake pedal.

Seems kind of off-putting to knock me for safety for that.

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
Because the data as of right now is that a huge number of people have scores of 100. No way Tesla is going to release this to 10's of thousands of people on Saturday.
I don’t think there’s that many people with 100 actually. The fleet wide average in the Safety Score app was 91 as of yesterday. If you roll out to people with a score of 99 or 100, that’d probably be <10%.
You also have people like @MP3Mike aiming for a score of 80-92 😆

I have driven 230 miles tracked with it so far
That is quite a bit I'm close to 80. I will add another 40 tonight. I would hope they take that distance into consideration also. Someone that drove 230miles and has a few dings to me should get it before someone that drove less miles and has a perfect score. I will probably miss out though because I will not be able to drive my car on day 7...

Training the system with anonymous driving is one thing. But they are claiming that they need your permission to record your driving style, but previously acted like they used safety as a metric to choose the original testers
They have probably always used data from all the cars anonymously. This time it's different as it's now directly related to you.

They chose the current Beta testers under whatever criteria they wanted. Possibly safe driving, possibly YouTube presence, but that's the past.

This round they are apparently going to base who gets Beta on people who have a good safety score. It looks good as a responsible safety plan. It even seems to be getting many people to be driving "better"... (some not). If this rollout works or if it ends in tears at least they can say they tried to be safe.

Tesla app on the apkmirror has ~ 9,600 downloads. Assuming this is all by people who want to get into Beta testing group and assuming equal number of iOS users - we have about 20k people who want to get into Beta FSD testing.

Current FSD testing group is ~ 2k (including employees). If they want to double that group - about 10% of people who want to get into Beta will make it. If they want to greatly expand by 5x - 50% of people will get in.

All of this "safety score" stuff is hilarious too- because they will only share it with you if you bought FSD.
My score would probably be pretty low given I tracked my car yesterday, but I'll never see it because I have HW2.5 and refuse to pay to be part of a beta that then requires a lottery to get into.

Tesla- we're safety first, and this is a measure of safety, but you can't see it. Thanks for all the free training data though!

Always so much speculation and reading of tea leaves. We all want preference, I suppose. If I'm being honest, I'd say full-price buyers (those with committment) should get preference over those toe-tipping monthly subscribers. 😜

If I'm being honest, I'd say full-price buyers (those with committment) should get preference over those toe-tipping monthly subscribers. 😜
And I assume, as someone that joined less than a year ago, you'd want to see people that committed in 2016-2019 get preference over those fair weather fans that just committed recently. Right?