Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help! What should I focus on, how much trouble am I in? ~1500 miles
Screenshot_20211008-033949~2.jpg

I wonder what percentage of Android users will get FSD in this first round. I know for me I had 10 days without any knowledge of my safety score and found out on the 11th day I had a 97 mostly due to Aggressive Turning. I do not believe I had more than 1 day at 100 before getting the Safety Scores. Since the Android app update, I have had all 100s. I found it pretty easy to get 100 when I had some indication what to adjust. Unfortunately with 10 days of 97, 3 days of 100 have only gotten me up to 98.

We Android users are at a big disadvantage for this first round.

I wonder what percentage of Android users will get FSD in this first round. I know for me I had 10 days without any knowledge of my safety score and found out on the 11th day I had a 97 mostly due to Aggressive Turning. I do not believe I had more than 1 day at 100 before getting the Safety Scores. Since the Android app update, I have had all 100s. I found it pretty easy to get 100 when I had some indication what to adjust. Unfortunately with 10 days of 97, 3 days of 100 have only gotten me up to 98.

We Android users are at a big disadvantage for this first round.
I hear that. I have only apple products but after my first Monday commute after "the button" I massacred my score (97 but red & yellow lines everywhere 😆 ) . I saw my score that night and immediately figured out what / how things were scored and now have 1,500+ miles with a 99.17

I have bad safety score because of autopilot. Every time I use, it just freak out (brake too hard).
When it sees a flashing yellow light (warning light?) at intersection, it brakes very hard!

No you don't.

Tesla said:
Hard braking while on Autopilot is not factored into the Safety Score formula

Same is true of the other factors-

Tesla said:
Driving on Autopilot (including 3 seconds after Autopilot is disengaged) will not be factored into the Safety Score formula, but the miles driven while on Autopilot are included in the total.

I have bad safety score because of autopilot. Every time I use, it just freak out (brake too hard).
When it sees a flashing yellow light (warning light?) at intersection, it brakes very hard!

No you don't.

Tesla said:
Hard braking while on Autopilot is not factored into the Safety Score formula

Same is true of the other factors-

Tesla said:
Driving on Autopilot (including 3 seconds after Autopilot is disengaged) will not be factored into the Safety Score formula, but the miles driven while on Autopilot are included in the total.

The TeslaFi Safety Score stats have changed again. Now 10% vs. 9% yesterday and 8% the day before that.
I finally got back to 100 after a terrible last weekend with two 98's, and obviously there are more people fighting to get it. I am right on the edge - 99.51 😰

I don't think Elon realizes how far people will go (literally) to get a 100 score now that he has drawn the line in the sand. I am guessing there will be more than 1200 with 100s by tonight.

As the above user said, your safety score is not reduced when using AP. I don't even attempt to use FSD on city streets until I get the beta. It just feels like way too much babysitting, and it actually makes for a more stressful drive. I am really hoping the FSD early access beta fixes it, as it seems to do based on videos. It's just too much toggle on/off on city streets in the current state, IMO.

As the above user said, your safety score is not reduced when using AP. I don't even attempt to use FSD on city streets until I get the beta. It just feels like way too much babysitting, and it actually makes for a more stressful drive. I am really hoping the FSD early access beta fixes it, as it seems to do based on videos. It's just too much toggle on/off on city streets in the current state, IMO.

I know that anything that happens while using AP isn’t supposed to impact your safety score, but I seem to be getting penalized for hard braking that only happens when using AP. Is Tesla planning to provide a way to get more details about events that impact your score? Maybe there are bugs in the algorithm, but without details how would we know?

Reactions: T3M3T
I know that anything that happens while using AP isn’t supposed to impact your safety score, but I seem to be getting penalized for hard braking that only happens when using AP. Is Tesla planning to provide a way to get more details about events that impact your score? Maybe there are bugs in the algorithm, but without details how would we know?