Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So yes, early buyers definitely got a better deal than buyers today, although I do think the prices dipped in between now and then.

And early adopters of exciting products are usually expected to pay more anyway. Especially for a large mfged product, where costs go down as production ramps up.

This has been true for pretty much any new tech product, like phones, tvs, audio, computers, etc.

Reactions: dckiwi
Good luck to those with scores that are within striking distance of 100 who are hoping they can get there before the delayed release of 10.2 . If you'd like to plan how many miles you need to drive consider using my spreadsheet (or other similar sheets) for your driving strategy. It helped me and I've gotten great feedback that it's been helpful to others. Since I see there are constant (anonymous) viewers at the sheet I've done some formatting to make the sheet more compact and clarify some of the notes. There are full instructions on the sheet as shown on the screenshot below the link. Good luck and good driving.

Link:

Screenshot:
1633881049630.png

The TeslaFi 100 scores have jumped again to 12% as of now and that's a jump from 11% about 29 hours ago.
Just for reference here are all of the screen captures I've posted since Thursday morning (2 days ago) with the most recent at the top. Note that their FSD fleet vehicle count that they report on has gone from 1,569 2 days ago (far below) to 1,880 just now.

View attachment 719662

1633718595705-png.719257

1633687226240-png.719073

1633619197168-png.718785
@n.one.one Is it above 12% yet?

Reactions: n.one.one
Good luck to those with scores that are within striking distance of 100 who are hoping they can get there before the delayed release of 10.2 . If you'd like to plan how many miles you need to drive consider using my spreadsheet (or other similar sheets) for your driving strategy. It helped me and I've gotten great feedback that it's been helpful to others. Since I see there are constant (anonymous) viewers at the sheet I've done some formatting to make the sheet more compact and clarify some of the notes. There are full instructions on the sheet as shown on the screenshot below the link. Good luck and good driving.

Link:

Screenshot:
View attachment 719856

Just wanted to say I appreciate the effort you put in here to make and share this.

I used it the other day and found I'd need about 250 miles of 100%/no dings to get to 99.51% (I'm currently at like 98.91% or something I think)... I did end up making an unexpected ~30 miles each way trip 100% yesterday after finding that out... but ultimately I decided I'm not gonna go go an extra 3-4 hours of no-need-to-go-anywhere driving in hopes of hitting 100 right away.

My thinking is thus:

If everyone at 100% gets it Monday (and I don't at 99) then there's a couple possibilities...

It's awesome, everyone uses it responsibly, and they're gonna roll it out to the 99s a week later. In which case I may not have driven that extra 200 miles even by then (in covid times with most work days remote I rarely do 200 in a week) but I'd still get it fairly "soon" without need for a bunch of extra wasteful trips.

or

It's terrible, people drive like idiots on it, and it's so bad they decide to pull back on the rollout because they can't trust 99s with it. In which case, I probably don't want it till it's better.

I seem to recall around the 8.x timeframe it was getting so good that they were going to expand it from 2k to 10k eap testers. Why only a delta of ~1k added now?
Great question. I assume the 8k number was something Elon just threw out on Twitter without checking with the team first.

Remember, he also said initially that anyone who wanted 8.x could get it by pressing the button, no caveats.

Reactions: Ramphex
The best part is how it's been nothing but empty promises, for years, and there are still people like @EVNow who have faith and still believe his every word. Funny, but I guess I can't deny that I appreciate his positive thinking.
I have the same mental disorder. I’ve been a Tesla owner for 5 years (FSD owner for 3 years) and I still think I’m going to get the beta tonight.

The best part is how it's been nothing but empty promises, for years, and there are still people like @EVNow who have faith and still believe his every word. Funny, but I guess I can't deny that I appreciate his positive thinking.
If I believed his every word - I'd be bankrupt now. Not ready to retire because of TSLA ;)

But those who disbelieved him all the time are indeed bankrupt after shorting Tesla.

There is a cottage industry of folks trying to interpret Musk - both here (and to a much larger extent) in the investor thread. If anything, I'm one of the less optimistic longs.

Reactions: Yuri_G
Saturday morning was at 99 and by evening at 100. Is there any consensus when the closing time will be before the release? Looks like I may have made the "cut" but there MUST be a time before the release that the finalized "list" is made. Is it still yet to be made or about how many hours before the release would it be compiled? I know rhetorical questions but......

Of course I must now WORK to maintain and already this morning I had a runner step into the street (middle of the city) before looking. Was going slow but still had to hit the brakes and lowered (or raised🤪) my Hard Braking from 0.3 back up to 0.4 (pic was from last night). Still at 100 but probably just by the skin of my teeth.

Saturday morning
IMG_9316.jpeg

Saturday evening
IMG_9325.jpeg

Last edited:
Saturday morning was at 99 and by evening at 100. Is there any consensus when the closing time will be before the release? Looks like I may have made the "cut" but there MUST be a time before the release that the finalized "list" is made. Is it still yet to be made or about how many hours before the release would it be compiled? I know rhetorical questions but......

I mean, it should be fairly trivial for Tesla at 1 minute before release to say "Run report, dump all VINs with 100 scores into this output" and use that to push the unlock.

No idea if they're doing it that way, but from a theoretical assuming-their-IT-does-not-suck perspective (which at times seems it might not be a valid assumption for Tesla) there shouldn't be any reason they need to have a cut-off any sooner than immediately prior to release.

For entertainment purposes only because this post is nothing more than a combination of known facts and pure speculation.

As of now TeslaFi reports that 12% of their 1,934 full self driving fleet have score of 100 (which is 232 vehicles). If we assume (per Elon's tweet) that there would have been ~1,200 with a score of 100 as of the original 10.2 release but now we increase that to 1,500 then 1,500 divided by .12 would indicate that 12,500 vehicles are participating in the test.
Any thoughts?

1633888507305.png

Reactions: insaneoctane