Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
23BDBC21-B5B5-4CA2-B423-56F88A4AB07C.jpeg

Perfect time for the beta scoring system to go full retard. I literally drove 20 miles on west to east 3 lane highway with no turning, bare minimum lane switching, and only regen braking 😅

Must be a glitch in the matrix today.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
View attachment 720159

Perfect time for the beta scoring system to go full retard. I literally drove 20 miles on west to east 3 lane highway with no turning, bare minimum lane switching, and only regen braking 😅

Must be a glitch in the matrix today.
Was there an on-ramp on your return, where you lifted off (regen) and then turned the wheel for a 90 degree turn to get onto an on-ramp? that is what killed me yesterday.. PIA

So how do I become a good FSD beta citizen? When FSD messes up, are the engineers automatically notified with a video and relevant stats? Or do I have to hit the “Video Record” button and everything else is automatic – no explanation required? Or do I send an email to [email protected]?

All interventions and disengagements are sent to the team at Tesla.

If you disengage FSD with the brake pedal or the steering wheel (forcibly taking over) the team at Tesla will automatically get a report of the data of what the car was doing.

Also, when you intervene FSD by pressing the accelerator, the team at Tesla will also get those reports, but you won’t be bumped out of FSD.

So, intervene when you want to provide feedback on unsafe (too slow) acceleration. Disengage when the car does something that will put you in danger or feels unsafe. Use your new report button (the video camera icon at the top of your screen) if you think that you come across a traffic situation that the car fails to understand, that is unique to your area (like unique traffic signs or complex intersections etc.).

You have a limited number of saved clips using the new report button (I don't know how many) and new ones overwrite old ones. Save you report button presses for unique driving situations and scenarios.

I'm at 97 and doing better than that seems out of reach as long as I do road trips. Going to the grocery store is a 100 because it's a 6 mile round trip on town roads. But on any real drive the probability that nobody is going to cut you off, a light isn't going to suddenly change, or some road work slows everyone down without warning is near zero. I don't commute which around Boston would certainly wreck anyone's score, all I do is rural road trips which should be ideal but even on trips like that things happen. For example Saturday we went to New Harbor Maine, four hundred miles roundtrip. I was cut off a couple of times which dinged my unsafe following and on an exit there were some concrete barriers set up to funnel cars through which had a 10MPH speed limit which caused me to use my friction brakes (as far as I can tell any use of the brake peddle is considered hard braking). The previous weekend was to Manchester VT with similar results.

It occurs to me that by looking for perfect scores Tesla is going to select a fairly useless group of beta testers because they will be limited to people who never drive anywhere. Does anyone have a perfect or near perfect score who drives a couple of hundred miles a week or more, if so where do you live, what kind of roads are you driving on?

I think it's important to email them about things you CAN'T intervene for. In my neighborhood where the roads are very windy and there is no center lane marking, the car is often cutting thru the middle of the drivable space. Another example: there are mini-roundabouts in my neighborhood, and when the car wants to turn left, it turns on the blinker (bad) but goes around the rotary to make the left (good).

I had 100 the whole time with 700 miles and didn't get it???
What are you driving? The last Tesla Fi chart I saw of who got the FSD Beta seemed to indicate zero Model S or X's.

Can anyone contradict this? Anyone with a perfect score, and an FSD Beta Model S or X?

I missed the Friday night timeline, but I made my score perfect by Saturday, I have a 2018 Model S and I'm *really* hoping to participate in the beta.

Just finished my maiden test drive with 10.2. Overall it was a nice experience. I had one intervention right off the bat where the car was inching up to turn right and I wasn’t sure it was going to stop for an oncoming vehicle. More my issue than the car. Ok.

Speed coming out of automated turns is a bit more fast than I would do it especially on city streets.

A few times the car signaled going around a curve in the road that normally one would not signal at.

Had two close calls with drivers clearly cutting the light (think two way street at intersection with turning lanes that get their own arrow but can also turn if no oncoming traffic so the turn in front of you as the light turns green trying to beat the traffic from the other lane and they essentially pull out in front of you as the Tesla is jamming on the go pedal) and had to intervene because wasn’t sure the car would stop. Again, could be just my fears to avoid an accident but there may be a bit of hesitation on the cars part that gives other drivers the confidence to cut you off.

It moves out of the way of pedestrians and garbage cans and even gave an oncoming tractor trailer a wide birth, instead of jamming on the brakes like it used to do it smoothly went around.

Overall very good in comparison to the prior versions.

80mph autopilot restriction is interesting. Based on behavior, I believe my Model S has been running on vision for quite some time. Notably, very large following distances and lack of false positive braking from bridges/etc. I'm also able to autopilot over 80. What does this mean? The speed estimation stack in FSD beta is actually behind release FW?

Instead of waiting a week to add the 99's (probably aspirational and won't happen as stated) why not add people who now have a 100 (like selfish me:p).

100 and 940 miles a few hours after the cut off (if there was a cut off). Sucks.

Wish someone would Tweet Elon saying that adding 100's as they get it might be a better option than MAYBE adding 99's later in a week or so.

Reactions: kbM3
What are you driving? The last Tesla Fi chart I saw of who got the FSD Beta seemed to indicate zero Model S or X's.

Can anyone contradict this? Anyone with a perfect score, and an FSD Beta Model S or X?

I missed the Friday night timeline, but I made my score perfect by Saturday, I have a 2018 Model S and I'm *really* hoping to participate in the beta.
I have a Model S, perfect 100's everyday, 700 + miles, no FSD!

Reactions: kbM3
WTH! I had a 99 until Friday mid afternoon when I Finally achieved 100 again. There was no mention of a cut off time on Friday. Did anybody receive the beta that is in the same situation as me?

Attachments

• 8D5FB3C1-FBF5-4CEB-AE66-76A49FB1A811.jpeg
    8D5FB3C1-FBF5-4CEB-AE66-76A49FB1A811.jpeg
    357.3 KB · Views: 39
Interesting. I've been at 100 overall since Friday afternoon, but I was 99 overall on Thursday (my only day of 99). I didn't get the beta. Oh well, next wave for me hopefully lol.

FYI, there was a 6 day stretch I was on vacation, so I didn't drive.

scratch this post, I did get beta 10.2 at around 1:40 pst. probably not gonna use it much cuz it seems so jerky from the videos, don’t wanna wear my wires

Anyone here with a 100 score and a refreshed MS LR or Plaid get the beta FSD release? No? Why, do you think? Because those owners have a yoke car instead of a steering wheel? If so, seems like someone at Tesla doesn't trust their own yoke creation in the "hands" of their own FSD creation. Maybe two different departments at Tesla demonstrating passive-aggressive behaviors towards each other (and us yokers)?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I have a 99 after maybe 500-600 miles of driving a combination of suburban, freeway, and backcountry roads. Unexpected light changes, wildlife, and being cut off have led to score deductions for "aggressive braking". I've also been knocked, less severely, for "unsafe following" and "aggressive turning". It's certainly tricky and requires forecasting and avoiding many potential score-lowering events throughout driving. The only actionable advice I have is that even full regenerative braking can occur with enough negative acceleration to count as "aggressive braking", even without friction braking.

80mph autopilot restriction is interesting. Based on behavior, I believe my Model S has been running on vision for quite some time. Notably, very large following distances and lack of false positive braking from bridges/etc. I'm also able to autopilot over 80. What does this mean? The speed estimation stack in FSD beta is actually behind release FW?

AFAIK any car with radar and without FSDBeta still can set to 90 mph and follow distance 1... anybody without radar, or with FSDbeta, are equally restricted to 80 mph max and follow distance no shorter than 2.

The new S Refresh models brake pads should last about 99+ years based on their regen!! I got dinged pretty bad the first day of the Score card for braking and haven't touched the brake pedal since more than ~3 times and over 1,700 miles of scoring. Regen alone WILL ding so I have to feather the go pedal every stop to not get dinged. Have had a couple of dings during the last week and completely on regen.

Regen is one of the "updates" they need to do to the scoring algorithm. I can make all my turns in under .4g but the feathering of the go pedal is pretty tough sometimes.

current score 99 with 1,953 miles ALL commute + daily family beater car, no trips or gaming the system miles!!
@boonedocks haven't read the many pages from midnight to now, so apologies if you already reported this.... Did your refreshed MS, with yoke, get the update?

WTH! I had a 99 until Friday mid afternoon when I Finally achieved 100 again. There was no mention of a cut off time on Friday. Did anybody receive the beta that is in the same situation as me?
I don’t think we really know for sure that they ended up cutting if off on Friday. That tweet was from before Friday, when Musk still possibly thought they would do the release then. Then it was pushed, and ppl I guess assumed that they could continue over the weekend up till maybe late Sunday afternoon. I don’t think anyone really knows for sure at this point when the cutoff was.

All interventions and disengagements are sent to the team at Tesla.

If you disengage FSD with the brake pedal or the steering wheel (forcibly taking over) the team at Tesla will automatically get a report of the data of what the car was doing.

Also, when you intervene FSD by pressing the accelerator, the team at Tesla will also get those reports, but you won’t be bumped out of FSD.

Do you have any more data or proof this is true? Where did you get this info?
How much data does it upload after a drive?