Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's still actively being pushed, per TeslaFi:
1633966593889.png

And definitely a bias toward M3/MY:
1633966655515.png

Well so far this FSD is sketchy as hell. I had to intervene 4 times in the first block. It’s scary as hell in a parking lot and I’m convinced it’s trying to kill me. Am I doing something wrong. The YouTube vids I see seem to have better luck than me.
I seem to recall that many of our YT Influencer beta testers have stated that the beta isn't ready for parking lots yet. Are there Release Notes or are the 100/100s left to use with caution as their only info?

probably not gonna use it much cuz it seems so jerky from the videos, don’t wanna wear my wires
You've had your mind blown for a year now watching FSD drive, are a huge supporter of Tesla's autonomy, believe that huge fleets train the system, and even claim people that are skeptical must be paid shills.

Yet you won't use it because you are worried about a little tire wear?

Do you have any more data or proof this is true? Where did you get this info?
How much data does it upload after a drive?

Disengagement reports have been a known thing for years.

Reports are tiny but definitely exist.

More info about other fixed always-collects stuff like AP trip routes.

Presumably FSDBeta is collecting even more, but we know it at least collects SOMETHING for every disengagement and has for years.

• Informative
Reactions: nvx1977
I am stuck with a 99 so I wasn't in the running. So far I have seen -0- refresh S' with 100's that got it.

The only one is Elon and he won't even tell us what his score is. 😆
@boonedocks Tesla released 2021.32.22 (button request) to the yokers, and blocked the yokers from getting the yoke safety improvements that only non FSD cars received in 2021.36 (coming from 2021.32.21 - non FSD car release, sans "button"). And now, to add insult to injury, we neither get the yoke safety improvements, or the FSD beta release (for owners with a 100 score), only the request "button". Pretty lame not to tell us this up front, after two weeks of BS driving like a granny and racking up deprecating miles on our new cars.

Anyone here with a 100 score and a refreshed MS LR or Plaid get the beta FSD release? No? Why, do you think? Because those owners have a yoke car instead of a steering wheel? If so, seems like someone at Tesla doesn't trust their own yoke creation in the "hands" of their own FSD creation. Maybe two different departments at Tesla demonstrating passive-aggressive behaviors towards each other (and us yokers)?
I agree with you about the yoke... We will see if us 100's get pushed the Beta soon. If not, then it's a conspiracy!

Also, when you intervene FSD by pressing the accelerator, the team at Tesla will also get those reports, but you won’t be bumped out of FSD.
Presumably FSDBeta is collecting even more, but we know it at least collects SOMETHING for every disengagement and has for years.

This poster is claiming that it even tracks when you touch the throttle while on AP. Way more than a simple heading/speed/location of disengagement.
It doesn't appear there is proof behind this, beyond an assumption, much like your "presumably".
You've seen the instructions for if you have a problem with FSD? You're supposed to click a button to take a video, then when you're at home, send them an email! ;) I don't think this is nearly as automated as people think it is.

You've had your mind blown for a year now watching FSD drive, are a huge supporter of Tesla's autonomy, believe that huge fleets train the system, and even claim people that are skeptical must be paid shills.

Yet you won't use it because you are worried about a little tire wear?

‘it’ll inevitably get smoother in a few months. I don’t mind waiting now that I’m in the testing group. I’ll definitely test it out in certain scenarios, but probably not gonna use it as a daily driver.

Anyone who is getting a 99 score is either driving on flat straight roads in unpopulated areas or doesn't drive much at all. I commute 50miles a day in the Bay Area and get dinged for all sorts of reasons of which most are out of my control. I use NOAP a lot but using that in high traffic areas is pretty unsettling and outright dangerous at times. I finally gave up trying to match my driving style to what an algorithm wants and will take what ever score it decides I deserve. Right now I am at 95 down from 96 last week.

Reactions: jgris
‘it’ll inevitably get smoother in a few months.
Well, at least you are being realistic here. It's going to be months before it's even smoother, one of the most basic driving tasks that we wouldn't even let people test FSD without proving they were good at. Which means any kind of real FSD is a decade away.

I don’t mind waiting now that I’m in the testing group
The Testing group Elon has already indicated you can be yanked from at any time?

It's seriously odd to see someone that has been so pro FSD, using the terms "mind blowing" constantly to suddenly be so meh about having it on their car. Is it maybe not as mind blowing as you thought? Or just trying to lay out reasonable doubt when people ask you about it in the future?

It's interesting you're not going to use it as a daily driver while @Knightshade was sure it would be super useful since it would get him the 20 miles to work each day with no interventions.

• Disagree
Reactions: kbM3
Well, at least you are being realistic here. It's going to be months before it's even smoother, one of the most basic driving tasks that we wouldn't even let people test FSD without proving they were good at. Which means any kind of real FSD is a decade away.

The Testing group Elon has already indicated you can be yanked from at any time?

It's seriously odd to see someone that has been so pro FSD, using the terms "mind blowing" constantly to suddenly be so meh about having it on their car. Is it maybe not as mind blowing as you thought? Or just trying to lay out reasonable doubt when people ask you about it in the future?

It's interesting you're not going to use it as a daily driver while @Knightshade was sure it would be super useful since it would get him the 20 miles to work each day with no interventions.

Oh wow, I just did a short drive around my suburbs. It's not that jerky or aggressive for me so far. It feels great in suburbs.