Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Ramphex
After being stuck at 97 because I got cut off like 4 times in downtown SF a few weeks ago, I did the reset today.

Hopefully will get a download link soon… anyone seem to notice a pattern as to when people are added after hitting their score?

17EEB552-1DE7-421A-8197-33D3B4C272A1.png

@dillon, still waiting for my email. Based on some other posters, might be waiting until tomorrow night?
Ahh, sorry I got too excited when I saw “installing now!” Next to your name. You were just replying to someone else.

Yes, looks like we have another 24 hours then! Here’s to waking up tomorrow with an email :) or rolling in with the 99 crew at least. Maybe I should do some hard braking to get there.

After being stuck at 97 because I got cut off like 4 times in downtown SF a few weeks ago, I did the reset today.

Hopefully will get a download link soon… anyone seem to notice a pattern as to when people are added after hitting their score?
Was late afternoon the following day for me. I probably missed the cutoff by a few hours the day before. I would expect tomorrow for you, maybe even directly to 10.3 with the rest of the rollout of that version

Reactions: T-Racer and dillon
So this is interesting, my safety score has completely disappeared from TeslafI tonight. I got the 10.2 FSD beta on 10/15, and it was still available (and I drove on it) as of this evening. My score has been 100 since 10/8.

My Tesla app stopped showing the safety score tab a few hours after I downloaded 10.2 and enabled FSD, but Teslafi has been showing and updating my scores daily since then, until tonight.

I’m guessing Tesla dropped the safety score for FSD beta users from the app only at first, but realized 3rd-party apps could still extract it via API, so they probably decided to turn off the API as well for us active beta users.

Last edited:
my safety score has completely disappeared from TeslafI tonight.

API, so they probably decided to turn off the API as well for us active beta users.
Yeah gone from Stats too. Either that or an extended Score outage (been going on for several hours at least).

Glad to not see my plummeting score anymore though (was down to a firm 99), since it is fairly annoying to think about even if it does not matter. It was funny to see people retargeting to 99 - this morning 25% of users were at 99 and just 6.2% at 100, dropping steadily.

Reactions: T-Racer
Yeah gone from Stats too. Either that or an extended Score outage (been going on for several hours at least).

Glad to not see my plummeting score anymore though (was down to a firm 99), since it is fairly annoying to think about even if it does not matter. It was funny to see people retargeting to 99 - this morning 25% of users were at 99 and just 6.2% at 100, dropping steadily.

Hopefully that mean's they're more likely to push 99 to get more people in the pool; instead of keeping it at 100 until things settle out more.

Come on Musk, 99 is close enough to 100; even statistically.

Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee anything I move on to would be a downgrade. But this whole thing with having to drive slowly and pathetically to hopefully be granted access to beta, deadlines being pushed back randomly (if it happens again tomorrow — the first one was already pushed back a week) and such is too annoying to me. Not a fan of someone “controlling” how I drive a vehicle I bought.

I’ll still hold on to my stock and CT reservations but I’ve learned never to dip my toes into the FSD game. Or insurance, judging how terrible Safety Score ranks my driving skills.
Any other car you buy though, what yu buy on the day you buy it, is all you get.

View attachment 724211
I opted out last night, Safety score is still in app even 4 hours later. When will it disappear or when do I opt back in? Been stuck at 98 for weeks and really want to reset.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Theory… those that have a perfect 100 score but didn’t get it yet. Is it because they’ve never gone over 50mph and followed less than 3 seconds? So the perfect score of zero is not zero but actually null. And maybe they need some kind of score there for it to really take?
I don't think so. I just installed the beta minutes ago after opting out and back in 3 days ago (got to 100 yesterday).

On my first round, I had drove over 400 miles (just for "Safety") and I learned that highways in NJ - especially on AP - are not friendly to your Safety Score. So with a clean slate, I designed a route out of my development to some long country backroads. I never went over 50 mph, so no following distance measurements. I chose 2-lane roads, so no adjacent traffic to pass and get in front of me. No on/off ramps which are aggressive turn nightmares. No AP use. Very few traffic lights. 25 miles out, 25 miles in. I ran that course twice and my only ding was 1 hard braking (yellow light).

I think everyone who bought FSD deserves to be in the beta. They have the financial and emotional committment to the program and the software can (and does) monitor its use. Tesla is right to kick out abusers or lazy users. This entrance test was absurd on so many levels. I would encourage anyone who has a low score and a huge mileage requirement to get to 99 or 100 to consider the opt-out technique. I drove for 24 days trying to get my score up and in a few cases, it started going back down. I went from needing 900 miles to get to 100 to needing 1400. felt like I was digging my way out of a hole. After the reset, just two days of planned, careful driving and like clockwork, I got the beta push overnight after reaching 100/100 yesterday.

Good luck whatever route you choose!

I opted out last night, Safety score is still in app even 4 hours later. When will it disappear or when do I opt back in? Been stuck at 98 for weeks and really want to reset.
I don't know if there's an official technique, but the opt-out didn't quite take for me the first time. I was doing this out of frustration so I didn't take notes. I think I opted out, back in, then out again and noticed later that my scores were gone. In the app, make sure you do the page pull-down to refresh your score so the app gets your status from the mothership. When I did that, my score was gone.

That's when I thought to myself, "Hmmm....I wonder if they are REALLY gone?", so I opted back in and sure enough the app said "Go for your first drive to see your safety score."