Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question, I have a 99 score for 30 days and have done several trips over a 100 miles at a 100 score for the day. in both cases. I should have gotten an invite by now, but nothing. I have a 2020 MS which doesn't have the interior camera but I would think my car should still get the Beta. Am I missing something here on why I wouldn't be receiving the beta by now??? I never reset and the early days dropped of raising my score from 98 to 99. This talk of "thousands per hour" certainly doesn't sound creditable. I should have gotten by now. Second is Tesla restricting by geographical areas? I'm in No.VA. with a millon other Tesla's driving around. I would think they have enough data to cover this area.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Question, I have a 99 score for 30 days and have done several trips over a 100 miles at a 100 score for the day. in both cases. I should have gotten an invite by now, but nothing. I have a 2020 MS which doesn't have the interior camera but I would think my car should still get the Beta. Am I missing something here on why I wouldn't be receiving the beta by now??? I never reset and the early days dropped of raising my score from 98 to 99. This talk of "thousands per hour" certainly doesn't sound creditable. I should have gotten by now. Second is Tesla restricting by geographical areas? I'm in No.VA. with a millon other Tesla's driving around. I would think they have enough data to cover this area.
The geographical area might have some preference, not sure though. I am in Muskogee, OK. There are about 3 other Teslas here besides mine. Here is snip of the SW updates I received. I had a 98 score for a week with about couple hundred miles. Saturday (11/5), my wife took it for a 4 mile drive and got FCW and dropped the score to 95. I had lost all hope of getting the FSD. However, at 4:40 I got the email saying I was selected into Beta. WooHooo!!! I am assuming they selected us prior to the score dropping to 95.
I sure wish they would actually let everyone know instead of us trying to figure it out.

Attachments

• SW Updates - TeslaFi.JPG
    SW Updates - TeslaFi.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: scottf200
I am in a 21 MY, score of 98. Three weeks now, probably close to 1000 miles and still no email invite either…

Reactions: jebinc
I received a second email as well but nothing changed and my app shows my Beta download frozen at 36%–where it has been since Thursday afternoon when I received the first email.

When this happened once for a regular software update I have been able to go through the service center to fix it remotely end. I wonder if this is something they can help with?
The service center was able to clear the hanging FSD Beta download but seemingly they have no power beyond that. At this point I will try to reset when I get home to see if it triggers the Beta to download again but I might just be out of luck until the next wave of updates....

My only anxiety is continuing with Safety Score. I'm still at 100 and assume I don't have to worry anymore since I've received the Beta email--even though it hasn't downloaded, but it hasn't been removed from my App yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0188.PNG
    IMG_0188.PNG
    340.8 KB · Views: 56
I worked to get my safety score up to 98, which it was as of Friday morning. Then Friday I drove from the US to Canada for the weekend, and was expecting to lock into the 10.4 batch of beta users. When i went to go check my safety score Friday night, it had disappeared from my mobile app. I have heard this happens when you get accepted into the beta? However, so far I haven't gotten any email, or the beta software download queued. When i went into my car to check the FSD beta request, it looked like there was no request at all, and i could opt in to request it again. After that the safety score is back in my mobile app, except it has totally reset with no data at all in it.

I'm wondering if somehow being out of the country for a few days ended up booted me out of the queue? It would suck to have worked so hard to try to get back up to 98 after a month, to only lose it because I went on a road trip 12 hours before they granted me access...

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I drove from the US to Canada for the weekend … totally reset with no data at all in it
Yeah, someone else reported similar resetting behavior when driving from Seattle to Vancouver, BC:

Yeah, someone else reported similar resetting behavior when driving from Seattle to Vancouver, BC:

Thanks for the link. That is super unfortunate that it is implemented that way. I was entirely expecting to get FSD this weekend, so now I'm guessing best case scenario I will be waiting (and driving super carefully) for another two weeks.

Edit: I wonder if the same thing happens once you have been admitted into the FSD beta program...

Nope. I got a second email but still no download. Service center confirmed I'm in beta but when they forced an update it was 2021.32.22 again.
I think I'm in a similar boat. I received the email and the download started but it got hung up potentially due to, "the package being pulled by our engineering team for some reason". I then received a second email while the Beta was still stuck in the same download spot.

I had the service center clear the hanging download, confirm the issue was a one-off, and then told me, "Hopefully the issue will be sorted soon".

I'm frustrated to not have the beta but at this point I would just like to know that I don't have to worry about the Safety Score. @melds is SS still showing up in your app? Do you think it is important to still keep the score high even you received the email indicating you're in the program?

Has anybody had their drive not get logged in the safety score? I recently opted back in yesterday and logged a few miles. However, my 20 mile drive to work today didn’t get logged.
@MikeScarne If you activated and drove, without getting out of the car first, that first trip will not be logged. You have to opt in, then exit the car for a bit, then get back in for the process to start logging.

@WilliamG

Reactions: WilliamG
@MikeScarne If you activated and drove, without getting out of the car first, that first trip will not be logged. You have to opt in, then exit the car for a bit, then get back in for the process to start logging.

@WilliamG
Negative. Activated. Slept overnight. Woke up to confirm safety score section reappeared in app. Drive 8 miles, obtained 100 score. Next day: drove 20 miles…annnd China stole my 20 miles!

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and WilliamG
Scores slightly less than 100 percent of "long time FSD purchasers" should take priority over “100 percent score”

If Elon wants to delay the rollout, I can understand it. But I don’t think its fair that a driver with 100 percent score that is a recent subscriber, or a driver who logged less than 100 miles, or just recently bought a car over the past few months should take priority over the owners who bought FSD and was PROMISED full autonomous driving by the end of 2020.

That’s my story. In March of 2020, I bought a tesla and paid 8k for FSD, promised that it would be active when the feds ditched the regulations by the end of 2020. I figured I should buy the fsd before the price jacked up. I was told by the tesla rep that the software was indeed ready and bug free. I wish I documented the exact conversation.

So here we are 1.5 years later, and yes, I am excited to at least test the fsd beta.

My score is at 98 percent. I don’t think I will even make it to 99 because I would have to log to many miles by Sunday. My only dinks are as follows….

Day 1…First drive, I came to a FULL stop at a stop sign because I thought drifting through would cost me safety points. My first score was 84 percent after a 5 mile ride.. , because of a “full” stop

I made it back to 95 percent , and on day 4 got dinked by some bogus collision warning on a side street, driving directly into the sun when a mack truck was backing out of a gas station. I was nowhere near the truck. I think the sunlight deceived the computer. Boom….down to 76 percent. I clawed my way back up to 98 percent and even after a 200 mile rode trip this week couldn’t budge it up.

Why? Well I live near queens and new york city, that’s why. I could go through the list of “ludicrous” safe driving techniques that in this neck of the woods, causes more issues than good. First off, I drift through stop signs. I drive 3 car lengths behind other cars because if they hit the brakes, I get buzzed for a hard brake. Because of this, drivers behind me cut me off to get into the lane, ..so I slow down more pissing off the drivers behind me.. I missed an exit of the highway because,…get this, there was a traffic jam on the off ramp,…I would have surely been hit up for a hard brake, so I aborted at the last second. Probably got some aggressive tirning dink for that. I blew a red light, yup,.sucker turned yellow and if I slowed down I would have got nailed for hard brake.

Ok,..I played the game and Im tired of it. Never had a driving accident in my life except when my falcon doors clipped the garage door entry and was misaligned. wouldnt even concider that an driving accident. Perfect record for 45 years.

Soooo,…when I read these tweets that I wont get close to testing the beta, , well, bums me out, especially with all this “safe” driving over the past 2 weeks.,…as well as buying FSD a year and a half ago. I could only imagine how even long time FSD buyers feel from 2019, 2018 etc.

I feel there should be a better system for FSD buyer seniority. Example, If I have a 98 percent score with lets say 500 miles, and bought FSD at a certain time, then that should take priority over a 100 percent recent subscriber. Seniorty should definitely be taken into account, and we invested in teslas vision....should mean something.

Don’t make 100 percent driver a qualifier until a minmum amount of miles are recorded AND take into account long time FSD buyers who were promised a product and wont see for quite some time. They should be the ones who initially beta test the FSD providing they have a score in the mid 90s
I feel pretty much the same way. I’m a safe driver but tried for a few weeks to get my safety score back to 100 . I was pretty much mired at 97 with about the only issue being some bogus forward collision warnings - for example today received one going 10 mph and about 30 yds from a truck that was stopped but about to start moving. I’m sick of the game and now I’m frankly just getting pissed off that Tesla basically stole 10k from me with a false promise. I hope there’s some legit competition in the EV market soon… a friend is on the waitlist for a Rivian so maybe that competition is coming.

I feel pretty much the same way. I’m a safe driver but tried for a few weeks to get my safety score back to 100 . I was pretty much mired at 97 with about the only issue being some bogus forward collision warnings - for example today received one going 10 mph and about 30 yds from a truck that was stopped but about to start moving. I’m sick of the game and now I’m frankly just getting pissed off that Tesla basically stole 10k from me with a false promise. I hope there’s some legit competition in the EV market soon… a friend is on the waitlist for a Rivian so maybe that competition is coming.
Maybe my rant bent karma in my favor as I received the beta update just a few hours later!