Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got and ran 10.4 last night and this morning. Goofed on the first trip around the traffic circle and I disengaged it, this morning it did fine. this morning it showed and said to go left at the wye on the exit ramp, it turned right. Otherwise system is working pretty good. I'll rack up a lot of miles this weekend.

I have noticed when the car hesitates when turning. same as the past tap the gas and the car will go.

I wish they would back off on the brake and let regen do its thing. The car charges up to red lights and slams on the brakes. Feel like I'm in the scene from Meet the Parents. Running full safeties on for now.

Reactions: Itsuo-DC and K5TRX
I got and ran 10.4 last night and this morning. Goofed on the first trip around the traffic circle and I disengaged it, this morning it did fine. this morning it showed and said to go left at the wye on the exit ramp, it turned right. Otherwise system is working pretty good. I'll rack up a lot of miles this weekend.

I have noticed when the car hesitates when turning. same as the past tap the gas and the car will go.

I wish they would back off on the brake and let regen do its thing. The car charges up to red lights and slams on the brakes. Feel like I'm in the scene from Meet the Parents. Running full safeties on for now.
Agree on the braking vs Regen. Beta folks should get a SC coupon for brakes and rotors.

• Funny
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
@n.one.one is v10 the latest rev of your spreadsheet?
This madness has gone on long enough now that in a few more days, my 'bad day' should drop off because it's outside the 30 day window.
I'll use your amazing spreadsheet to confirm. Currently maintaining a 98 and should get to a 99 by early next week. Thanks!
Yes v10 is the latest. There hasn't been much activity recently but in response to your inquiry I just updated it to have entry dates until the end of December. Thanks for asking.
Spreadsheet link: Safety Score

Reactions: K5TRX

I wish they would back off on the brake and let regen do its thing. The car charges up to red lights and slams on the brakes. Feel like I'm in the scene from Meet the Parents. Running full safeties on for n

The problem with charging up to red lights and slamming on the brakes happened all of the time when using Autopilot so this is not a FSD Beta issue. You would think that Tesla would have fixed this problem before releasing the FSD Beta for in-town driving.

I dropped out of the FSD Beta because I got tired of getting dinged for issues with Autopilot. I use Autopilot to drive down my neighborhood street that has a 30 mph limit. There is a community swimming pool about a mile from my house. There is not a stop sign, stop light, or a cross walk at the swimming pool. The car slammed on the brakes as I approached the pool was was going to do an emergency stop as if I was running a stop light. I got dinged and did nothing wrong.

When using the Autopilot on secondary highways, I did a lane change request using the turn signal. The car started moving into the left lane and then jerked back into my lane. There were no cars around me. On another occasion, I was on Autopilot again on the same type of road, and the car tried to crash my car into a telephone pole while cresting a hill. I had to take over control to keep from crashing the car. I got dinged again.

I live in a neighborhood that only has 2 ways in and out. Each road has 23% grades which is very steep. I continued to get dinged for breaking too hard even when keeping my speed down around 20 mph while going down the hills and breaking very softly.

I will wait until Tesla works out many of the bugs and makes it available to all Tesla car owners.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
I'm going to have nightmares of getting dinged for Unsafe Following in SS.
For any speed > 50 MPH, use AP 100% of the time. Try not to touch the brake or go pedal as both enable unsafe following monitoring. It only takes a second to get a lousy score here as it's a ratio of < 1-second following divided by > 1 but lless than 3 seconds. AP time doesn't count but if you press the go pedal while in AP it does. Plus only traveling > 50 MPH. Note that nobody in front of you will NOT improve that score.

If you do get dinged, set your following distance to about 5 and follow someone using TACC only at a higher speed than you are traveling to increase your denominator time. Must be the same day. If following is set >5, that's too far. And the following distance can be slow to react - if your lead car slows and you get too close, spin down your speed.

The SS simulator can give you your target %.

I am still waiting for FSD beta.
Just got a firmware update today, to 2021.36.5.1 . The Safety Score seems to have dropped the Forward Collision Warning and Unsafe Following elements.
Never mind, the missing elements returned later. Here is a screen shot when they were missing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211115-195615.png
    Screenshot_20211115-195615.png
    240.1 KB · Views: 86
For any speed > 50 MPH, use AP 100% of the time. Try not to touch the brake or go pedal as both enable unsafe following monitoring. It only takes a second to get a lousy score here as it's a ratio of < 1-second following divided by > 1 but lless than 3 seconds. AP time doesn't count but if you press the go pedal while in AP it does. Plus only traveling > 50 MPH. Note that nobody in front of you will NOT improve that score.

If you do get dinged, set your following distance to about 5 and follow someone using TACC only at a higher speed than you are traveling to increase your denominator time. Must be the same day. If following is set >5, that's too far. And the following distance can be slow to react - if your lead car slows and you get too close, spin down your speed.

The SS simulator can give you your target %.
This is great, I eventually learned it and was able to steer clear of them after my reset but it bedeviled me for a while!

After getting to 98 and then promptly losing it by driving to Canada, i'm back at 98. I had two 20 mile drives yesterday, which i was expecting to put me over the "100 miles" requirement, but neither drive registered in my Safety Score on the app. It shows 0 miles driven yesterday. Did this happen for anyone else? I'm wondering if the global outage of the Tesla service might have caused it...

Hi Tesla fans. I really love my model 3 2021 long range full self driving capability vehicle. I've been driving with the safety score Beta FSD for the past month and a half and finally last night reached a score of 98 after being stuck mid-90's for over a month! I was out of town the last week of October so I have a week of no driving in the month if that makes a difference? I have not received notification that I am approved for the full self driving better yet I'm wondering if anyone knows how long that takes to receive after you score 98? I was also theorizing about the fact that I had a week of no driving so maybe i need to have that week drop off before i receive the beta? Please share insights if you have any thoughts, i was a little disappointed when I woke up this morning and did not have the FSD download so wondering how long people are generally waiting after they reach the magic number (98). . . or any other clues based on others' experience. Thanks for your time

Michael

98 safety scores have not been granted access to the FSD beta yet. It has (with some very limited exceptions) only rolled out to 99s and 100s. It is also not at all an instant process - it goes out in batches once or twice a week and not to everyone that qualifies, it can be somewhat random.

98s are supposed to get access during V10.5 which is set to release imminently but they will likely be in a later rollout, not the initial one.

ok thanks much for the info, that helps! I just went on a sunday drive trying to get my score down to the freeway was super busy so I end up with a 98 for following too close. It's really hard to not follow too close when you're on the freeway and it's busy . . . oh well maybe it will be better for me to receive the FSD after more kinks are ironed out
Michael