Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we need to see actual performance specs. If it gets sub 4 sec 0-60, better handling, and extended track time at full power, I can see some people getting it. Especially in areas where there a a lot of Model S's and someone wants to stand out a bit more from the crowd.

The car is now faster through initial acceleration thanks to a gearing update, giving it a 0-60 (96 km/h) time in the low four second mark," noted Saleen. "We expect the FourSixteen to
now adequately compete with the likes of a similarly-equipped Mercedes Benz AMG product."

Sounds like it's not much of a difference since a lot of people have clocked their P85/+'s "in the low 4s mark" already. With lower gearing I wonder what the top speed is now?

At about the 31 second mark they come up from under the car and you can see what looks like a speaker tucked behind the mesh on the front grill. I will be very interested to hear what it sounds like under throttle as well as the new 0-60 time.

Saleen 416 Model S...........anybody INTERESTED??????

Yup, now in it's wisdom SALEEN a noted company that has modded Mustangs over the years has taken a basic S model and turned it into a Semi HOT ROD the 416 [ with a rear wing( of course!!) and different front nose different gearing, anybody see these cars or better yet will any one consider buying one? And how the heck can one HOT ROD a tesla, like juice it up with more battery's or re-wind the motor like we did as kids with slot cars??????? Still intrigues me and wonder how many they will sell..................... A $156G Tesla?! Saleen Foursixteen upgrades Model S performance, styling - NY Daily News
saleen-model-s-1.jpg

Saleen customizes Tesla's Model S

I only skimmed but...

1. How do you get to the 12V terminals? Do you have to remove the whole front end?
2. What is the advertised top speed?

1. Maybe they've relocated them? Don't know.
2. Quick math with their new gear ratio shows 15,000RPM (documented redline of the Model S motor) will net you 114.5MPH.

This is assuming redline nets you 134MPH as documented on the 21" wheels.

My old Ford Contour would go past that. :(

2. Quick math with their new gear ratio shows 15,000RPM (documented redline of the Model S motor) will net you 114.5MPH.
Ok, then I can already say I've driven faster than the Saleen 416 -- multiple times (even off-track) -- in my stock Signature P85 (delivered Nov 2012). And I'm only a "recent" track enthusiast.

Not exactly the kind of tag line that Saleen fans will appreciate. ;)

I don't care about the specs. I want to see a track test.
A track test against a stock P85+, and some ICE competition. Multiple laps on a twisty racetrack.

They claim that they have improved the motor cooling so that you get more time before the car limits power due to heat.
If they really have, then that and the wheel/brake/suspension stuff may make the Model S a much more fun track car.

Until I see a track test, I will reserve judgement.

Is it just me or does the front end look like Voldemort?

Voldemort front-end... $194k....LOL.... no thanks

hahaha I was trying to pin the description with something that looked so familiar to me and I couldn't put words to it but you hit the nail right on the head with this one. definitely the 'Voldemort' front end!!

- - - Updated - - -

FYI they updated their web site now. http://saleen.com/foursixteen.html

saleen3.png

saleen1.png

saleen2.png

This is about the only thing that interests me about the Saleen adventure so far. I'm not optimistic that they've done anything substantial here though, unfortunately.

Electric motor cooling has also been made more productive from the Saleen high-efficiency drivetrain cooling system. Comprising the system is a larger volume radiator, upsampled cooling fans, and a high-flow water pump to help maintain consistent temperatures in more stressful performance applications.

Bigger radiator, more powerful fans, and a bigger water pump. Sounds substantial to me, not much more you could do other than a CO2 misting system.