Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of any Tesla mechanics that do work on the side in southern ca?

I'm not a Tesla mechanic, but can do most things (root, battery swap, DU replacement, etc). I'm in Arizona but travel to SoCal at least once a month.

Projects I have done so far:
March 2013 S85, replace DU
Dec 2015 S70 (flood), replace/upgrade pack to 85kw, replace charger, junction box, seat controller.

Un-bricked several CID's from bad upgrades or curiosity.

Rooted many cars to enable diagnostics or restore lost features.

Add folding mirrors.

Current project: fixing a 2016 P90DL for a customer with drivers side and pack damage.

Also working on fix for DU milling noise.

So there is non-Tesla service available. PM me if anyone needs anything. I'm not just limited to the Southwest US.

I'm not a Tesla mechanic, but can do most things (root, battery swap, DU replacement, etc). I'm in Arizona but travel to SoCal at least once a month.

Dec 2015 S70 (flood), replace/upgrade pack to 85kw, replace charger, junction box, seat controller.

Add folding mirrors.

Current project: fixing a 2016 P90DL for a customer with drivers side and pack damage.

So there is non-Tesla service available. PM me if anyone needs anything. I'm not just limited to the Southwest US.
What your contact number or email?

Would love to hear more about that repair if you don't mind sharing.

From the 2 drive units I have examined, I can say it's not a gear wear issue. Waiting to install a 'fixed' DU in my '13 to see results and longevity.

What your contact number or email?

Sent you a PM with my details. Anyone else feel free to PM me if needed, just don't want to post email/phone publicly due to spam.

Hello all,

I have being looking at this website for some time now and I finally decided to join the fun/misery!
I recently bought a 2014 P85 (end of the year) with damage to the left side. (mostly suspension and subfame damage. see the pictures below for suspension damage )
I have done some homework and already bought a subframe and control arm "FRT FLCA ASSY LH 6007998-00-C". My plan is to first replace the subframe followed by fixing the suspension.
Here are some questions about the process. I appreciate any comment and direction.

According to the manual I need to remove the battery before I can remove the subframe but I am planning to try removing it without removing or lowering the battery. The battery looks fine and I don't want to disturb it if I can. Is it possible to remove the subframe by first removing the front bumper and the bumper carrier then sliding the subframe to the front to clear the battery mounts? The bumper carrier is already broken and needs to be replace anyway.
What is the part number for the sway bar link for a 2014 P85?
What is the part number for the lower arm for a 2014 P85?

Thanks

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Reactions: MP3Mike
you can replace the subframe by taking off the front carrier, and slide it forward.

FRONT STABILIZER BAR LINK - LEFT 6007098-00-A

the lower arm is:
FRONT AFT LINK SUSPENSION ASSEMBLY 6007997-00-D
but you can also use:
FRONT AFT LINK SUSPENSION ASSEMBLY - DUAL MOTOR 1048951-00-A
it will fit.since Tesla have discontinued the 6007997-00-D

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and Btr_ftw

Add folding mirrors.

You should put a web ad on TMC. Sounds like you could be handy for salvage cars, and cars coming out of warranty....

Hello all,

I have being looking at this website for some time now and I finally decided to join the fun/misery!
I recently bought a 2014 P85 (end of the year) with damage to the left side. (mostly suspension and subfame damage. see the pictures below for suspension damage )
I have done some homework and already bought a subframe and control arm "FRT FLCA ASSY LH 6007998-00-C". My plan is to first replace the subframe followed by fixing the suspension.
Here are some questions about the process. I appreciate any comment and direction.

According to the manual I need to remove the battery before I can remove the subframe but I am planning to try removing it without removing or lowering the battery. The battery looks fine and I don't want to disturb it if I can. Is it possible to remove the subframe by first removing the front bumper and the bumper carrier then sliding the subframe to the front to clear the battery mounts? The bumper carrier is already broken and needs to be replace anyway.
What is the part number for the sway bar link for a 2014 P85?
What is the part number for the lower arm for a 2014 P85?

Thanks

View attachment 204790 View attachment 204791 View attachment 204792 View attachment 204793

if you need the lower arms I have them off of my P85

you can remove the front subframe by undoing I believe 4 bolts then 2 main bolts that mount it to the pack, but the answer is no you do not need to remove the battery

can you convert an 85D to a P85D?

Not converting on this project. 2 cars, as follows.

Car to be rebuilt is P90DL with pack and lefthand suspension damage.

Donor car is 90D, has good pack and suspension.

Pack from 90D has a different fuse than I have seen before, see below. Is this the ludicrous fuse? I will know more once I get the other car up in the air.

20161201_180837.jpg