Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What version is your car on for software?
Thank you LuckyLuke for the coming back, would love to do as you suggest but my back ground is electrical/mechanical on HV Distribution networks which had little use for software, so other than operating a laptop I am a software inept.

New to the forum but from what I read there are people out there well versed in the ways of software.

Did reach out to Ingineer but no response so far, reading post's he seams to be a busy man.

Thanks LuckyLuke will attempt to educate myself on "root" and "gateway config" cheers.

What version is your car on for software?

Most likely you will not be able to root your car. Right now everything after 2019.20 is not rootable as far as I know.
Oh don't worry, Tesla's policy of illegally tampering with Plainfittsu's (and others') software to block DC charging will surely encourage hackers to find a way to root.

Mad props to wk057 and others who have explored so deeply and shared their knowledge with the community, but Tesla's efforts to exercise control over cars they've sold, completely different from any other car maker, have only encouraged such exploration. Law of unintended consequences: Tesla has created demand for the exact thing they are trying to discourage. It's so foolish it'd be funny if not for the sad consequences for plainfittsu, the poor fellow from New Zealand whose name escapes me right now, and so many others.

Remind me again, what does Elon say his number one goal is with Tesla? Oh right, to spread the adoption of EVs. Tragicomedy.

Has anyone heard from Ingineerix? I know he just moved shops and I talked to him last week with the hope he would be able to push firmware for my DU swap. But now I'm wondering if he is stuck working on the shop or something different. I've had the DU in the car for over a month, and this was my daily driver car, so I'd love to get it going again.

Otherwise, anyone have any other ideas? My car is recertified, but I didn't have the $7k for Tesla to do the DU swap.

Thanks.

Has anyone been able to order parts from their local SC? I brought in a list of parts a week ago to repair damaged front end to my M3 and asked for a parts quote, been calling and stopping back almost every day but no response so far. Frustrating to say the least that they can't even indicate which parts are restricted and provide a price on available parts...
Send me a message on which parts you need for your model 3, preferably with part number. Also, where are you located?

Has anyone heard from Ingineerix? I know he just moved shops and I talked to him last week with the hope he would be able to push firmware for my DU swap. But now I'm wondering if he is stuck working on the shop or something different. I've had the DU in the car for over a month, and this was my daily driver car, so I'd love to get it going again.

Otherwise, anyone have any other ideas? My car is recertified, but I didn't have the $7k for Tesla to do the DU swap.

Thanks.
Can't you just do a redeploy? Pm ne

Would be interesting to get additional informations on DU swap.
Repair manual says you have to do firmware redeploy for front and small rear DU, but describing a immobilizer reset procedure (with toolbox) for large rear DU?

Greetings all,
My 2013 MS (VIN 2950-165,000 miles) eMMC quit on me yesterday. Tesla SC quoted $2500. To fix. I would like to get ahold of Ingineerix and coordinate with him and pay him to fix it. I live in central CA, so meeting up will be a non issue. I have had zero trouble with the car until now. While he works on the MS I would like to talk to him about our 2017 MX (58,000 miles) and prevent the same thing from happening. I have searched high and low to my capacity and I am unable to find some contact information. Can someone please direct me to him.
Thank you.
John Gibson

Thanks.
Has anyone been able to talk with Phil in the past 5-6 weeks. I mailed him my Tegra board for him to fix. He said it would be 3-4 weeks but it’s been 6 weeks. I asked for updates but it’s been radio silence. I honestly just want an update and email doesn’t seem to be the best form of communication. My model S will drive but will not charge Andy hands are tied since I can’t do anything else without the data on the tegra board. I have also been told that there is a way to get the same information that’s on the MCU from the Dash screen but has anyone here had luck doing that? Thanks in advance with any help/direction you have for me.

Has anyone changed and airs spring without Toolbox to depressurize? I can guess how I might do it but would like confirmation from someone who has done this.

I'm assuming without Toolbox, I basically need to support the car on the end that I'm replacing the air unit on and then tell the car to lower itself. Since it won't actually lower on that side, I'm assuming, hoping, that the system will let out enough air before it finally gives up and I slam it into jack mode.

Or perhaps that gets me part way there and I can disconnect the line at that point? The FSM says to remove the airspring first and then disconnect the line so I'm assuming this will be tough unless the spring is already dismounted unless I can disconnect the line from the other end where it attaches to the compressor?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hallo all,

I decided to buy myself a S75D, it has front end damage with airbags deployed. I’ve come a long way fixing this car but now I’m in over my head.

There was a software update staged so after connecting all electronics again I decided to run it. Unfortunately the 12volt battery died halfway the update so now I have most of the components no longer communicating with the gateway since they’re on a different firmware... (steering wheel buttons not working, all sorts of errors, no sound, no charging, no driving, etc..) Does anyone know a wat out of this mess? Before the update the car was drivable and besides the air suspension everything worked.

Will a redeploy work, to “downgrade” the mismatched components or is that not possible? Does anyone have a list of commands for the CID-updater? And maybe a resent list of components/ecu of the model s.

You can use the command modules_to_skip, is there a command to only reset 1 module? Something like modules_to_do?

Hoping that someone is willing to help me, maybe via PM?

Ouch. 12V dying during an update is the last thing you might want in a Tesla. Is your CID still working? If it is not bricked you're lucky. If it is bricked you would need to desolder your emmc and also probably the bootloader and do a manual reflash. In that case I hope you have a backup of car specific files or you can still read them from the already bricked emmc.

If the car is not bricked I would assume a successful redeploy would do the job if you have everything properly in place.

• Helpful
Reactions: nico180