Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
JUST GOT SCREWED!!!!
I bought an 18 Model X 75D from IAAI.... it was a clean title sold by an insurance company with some suspension damage... a couple of deployed airbags and front bumper missing.... nothing major... I got the car up and running ...autopilot and beta steering awesome loved it.... Today the car says its got a new software update... so I update it and now I have No autopilot ... no auto steering.... and get this my car says its a 60D now!!!!!!!!! Do you believe this nonsense!!! a flippin 2018 60d????

On another note never got rid of the suspension error... suspension doesn't go up or down... compressor is good with direct power it goes on.... I need a quick reset--can anyone help with that?
Also where is the airbag module located in the model x? Need to send it out to get reset...

Thanks in advance for the advice and help.

Today the car says its got a new software update... so I update it and now I have No autopilot ... no auto steering.... and get this my car says its a 60D now!!!!!!!!! Do you believe this nonsense!!! a flippin 2018 60d????

That almost sounds like the software didn’t push properly and defaulted to some basic config because it didn’t know what config to load. Not really sure and just throwing that out there. If the car is a clean title, it’s an easy enough fix to call Tesla and have them address it.

Sounds like you need to check with Tesla and then your seller. You may have not gotten what you thought you were getting from the seller.

Was there ever such a thing as a 60D X in 2018? I thought they discontinued that config pretty early on. But I am no X historical expert so I could be wrong.

The model year would be encoded in the VIN, so hopefully that part is easy to verify.

Reactions: rjdoc74
JUST GOT SCREWED!!!!
I bought an 18 Model X 75D from IAAI.... it was a clean title sold by an insurance company with some suspension damage... a couple of deployed airbags and front bumper missing.... nothing major... I got the car up and running ...autopilot and beta steering awesome loved it.... Today the car says its got a new software update... so I update it and now I have No autopilot ... no auto steering.... and get this my car says its a 60D now!!!!!!!!! Do you believe this nonsense!!! a flippin 2018 60d????

On another note never got rid of the suspension error... suspension doesn't go up or down... compressor is good with direct power it goes on.... I need a quick reset--can anyone help with that?
Also where is the airbag module located in the model x? Need to send it out to get reset...

Thanks in advance for the advice and help.

Sounds like a Tesla issue and you issue. Not sure how Elon got called into this one. The majority share holder in the company probably isn't responsible for your rebuilt vehicle problem.

Hope you get it figured out. Sounds like you have more issues with the vehicle than you originally thought. Cold be internal issues with the battery that has now tuned off battery packs and sensors that could be shorting out.

I'm not sure I would ever trust a vehicle coming from an insurance company. Tesla is probably treating it as salvage. Have you tried it at a supercharger?
I'll agree. An insurance company isn't going to total a car because of a bumper and airbag issue. There had to be a lot more problems with the car. Suspension damages, suspension adjusters not working... It definitely sounds like a clean salvage title to me.

Reactions: KarenRei
Seriously, though: step one, drop the rage and start gathering the facts to figure out what's actually going on. VIN? Battery pack version? (sticker looks like this):

IMG_4333-e1406492275611-150x150.jpg

Let's find out what version this car actually is, to see where complaints actually need to be addressed. Then we can work on getting some resolution.

• Love
Reactions: Bimbels
I wonder if a critical Part was replaced that came from a 60D.

Do you have an Account with Tesla, put in a request to transfer the car to your account.

Then you can look in the account based on VIN, what it's supposed to be.

JUST GOT SCREWED!!!!
clean title sold by an insurance company with some suspension damage... a couple of deployed airbags and front bumper missing.... nothing major...

nothing major? deployed airbags, missing car parts and broken suspension are pretty bad!! there is no way it has a clean title

it's like you bought a 3rd owned tesla from a swapmeet with shady history. you can't possibly blame Tesla. You need to go after the insurance company first. If you could, I recommend returning it. This is just the start of what I predict to be a horrible ownership experience for you. Buy direct from Tesla, or even a long term forum member on here.

nothing major? deployed airbags, missing car parts and broken suspension are pretty bad!! there is no way it has a clean title

it's like you bought a 3rd owned tesla from a swapmeet with shady history. you can't possibly blame Tesla. You need to go after the insurance company first. If you could, I recommend returning it. This is just the start of what I predict to be a horrible ownership experience for you. Buy direct from Tesla, or even a long term forum member on here.

Yeah, you have to hit pretty hard to deploy air bags.

• Disagree
Reactions: mjptech
That is a pretty hard hit. My BMW X3 got rear ended at less than 8 mph and it did $12,000 worth of damage. Modern cars are designed to deform under pretty low impacts to avoid transferring the the impact into the passenger cabin.

Rear end is a little different though. But I agree.

My 2003 Jeep ($32K vehicle) hit a pole straight on and did not deploy, and that was $12K to repair.

I've seen some crashes posted here that looked totaled (ore were total) that the air bag didn't fire.

Also the equivalent of "fix barrier" collision is 16 - 28 mph if you hit a parked car.

And a Model X is HEAVY so it could have been going faster if it hit a smaller car and still not deploy.

Air bags usually indicate a serious hit. Not just plastic bumper covers.