Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone has calibration specs for the M3 radar module. I've rebuilt my front end and all is well except for the autopilot features being disabled. Had to buy a new module with installation from the local SC but still not calibrated. Does anyone know what kind of angles are standard on the placement (in terms of left/right and vertical)? Kind of shooting in the dark right now and have the module set to totally vertical and fully facing front when lined up with the front frames and headlights. Thanks for any insight.

@3ledmojoe : I'm about to undertake the same project (just sent off 3 seatbelts and the SRS control module), so am hoping you are successful in troubleshooting.

I would triple check that all your connectors are plugged in.

If you are confident that the connectors are tight (including the large seat harness under the dash) during your testing, but are still getting a restraint fault, you could test the individual belts:
with a multimeter.

randomly thinking of buying a salvaged model s basically for the battery, Solar/battery. I'd then be looking to sell whatever is like new.
Any experiences or thoughts I should be considering?

Discharge the battery to about 20-25% state of charge before taking it off, and strictly follow high-voltage precautions. These are 350-400V systems and can kill if not carefully dealt with.

Disclaimer above aside, the packs are great sources for DIY powerwalls, as you can get multiples of storage over a Powerwall 2 for the same price. Would be interested if you posted your project and experience.

Hi everyone. I'm new to Salvage Tesla group. Does anyone had any experiences with salvage without keys? Can you get one from Tesla once you show you have the salvage tile for the car or Is there an options to buy a key fob and have someone (3rd party) to reprogram it?
since its salvage and you have no app on your phone walk in to the tesla service center tell them you lost the keys give them your vin and dont tell them its salvage there send a ranger to make you a key it happen to me

• Helpful
Reactions: Evoforce
Salvage group:

Has anyone in California navigated the application for salvage certificate/title with a lost/destroyed title? Or with an out of state vehicle without a title? Be interested to hear from those who have navigated that challenge, as that is the journey I am about to take.

I bought a vehicle from Washington state. Washington state requires that a title be surrendered to the state when a vehicle is declared a total loss. It can then be repaired, inspected by WA state patrol, and re-titled as WA Rebuilt. California has a similar process, but requires a title as proof of ownership (be it California or other state) to initiate that process. So....

Is there an alternative to repatriating the vehicle to Washington for inspection/title?

Well, there's got to be a loophole. Their interest is in making sure the car is not stolen. Even in WA we don't get the Rebuilt title for 3 years as, "Ownership in doubt," even as we present the old title.

Surely a legitimate, checkable bill of sale would suffice. It does for other machinery. Ask them. If not, what else?

Salvage group:

Has anyone in California navigated the application for salvage certificate/title with a lost/destroyed title? Or with an out of state vehicle without a title? Be interested to hear from those who have navigated that challenge, as that is the journey I am about to take.

I bought a vehicle from Washington state. Washington state requires that a title be surrendered to the state when a vehicle is declared a total loss. It can then be repaired, inspected by WA state patrol, and re-titled as WA Rebuilt. California has a similar process, but requires a title as proof of ownership (be it California or other state) to initiate that process. So....

Is there an alternative to repatriating the vehicle to Washington for inspection/title?
You should look into the CA DMV bonded title process — that may be your easiest path. Let us know what solution(s) you find. Good luck!

Reactions: M0rpH3x
I want to revive the seat belt restraint discussion above, first started by @3ledomjoe. It seems we are now in the same boat.

Summary:
Had front end damage and locked driver, front passenger, and right rear passenger seatbelts. Seatbelts and SRS control module were sent to Safety Restore and sent back. Plugged everything back in the car, but the airbag light is still on, and faults are showing for all the same restraints.

3ledomjoe tested his seatbelts with ohm meter. Suspect mine will also test out OK.

TMC salvage group: What are we missing??

6526BEC8-A324-4875-B1C2-12AE6B1B7B1E.jpeg

Attachments

• 46D0B341-50C6-48A2-9937-0BD4A6B19A17.jpeg
    46D0B341-50C6-48A2-9937-0BD4A6B19A17.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 119
So DIYElectricCar is unable to address the Cloudflare bug which prevents me from finishing my rooting article.

Afraid I can't do so. We're not allowed to create holes in the site security even for our moderating team. Can't do it for anyone else either

Kevin
I've thought over the options and may well set up a wiki of my own. Catch is I need, some day, to figure out how to set up a wiki, and I am completely booked.

So DIYElectricCar is unable to address the Cloudflare bug which prevents me from finishing my rooting article.

I've thought over the options and may well set up a wiki of my own. Catch is I need, some day, to figure out how to set up a wiki, and I am completely booked.

Few free options to set up a Wiki = Wikidot - Free and Pro Wiki Hosting and ourproject.org: Welcome and Fandom
If you don't want to set up your own server/site.. If you have that capability (hosting your own), then, plenty of other options available... if you need any help, let me know..