Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC gave me a free tool to keep..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my MYP back yesterday after getting the acoustic cover installed. While driving at low speeds i noticed a rattling sound over speed bumps. Found a giant pry tool hanging from the passenger bumper. Guess the techs left it there by mistake. Could have been way worse

seriously tho, the kind of ppl Tesla hires to do work is crazy. I’ve personally met them, and not to be a stereotypical prick but a lot of them seem like low life stoners without a high school diploma.

Attachments

• 0BDA982E-D6ED-48E6-9033-E873CF7E367C.jpeg
    0BDA982E-D6ED-48E6-9033-E873CF7E367C.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 105
I’ve personally met them, and not to be a stereotypical prick but a lot of them seem like low life stoners without a high school diploma.

Being a stoner does not indicate anyone is a “low life”. Lots of functional people who’d rather consume something that is an antioxidant and neuroprotectant (US patent 6630507) rather than a poison like alcohol.

Maybe they were just slammed. My service center was yesterday when I did touch less delivery. They apologized profusely for being 5 min late.

I hope you did the right thing and returned the pry tool.

Similar experience but after taking delivery; when I got home was again checking the rear seat reclining button in the rear hatch area. Flipped the seats down and noticed between the trunk area and the rear seat base what seemed like trim that was not attached .... was concerned it was broken trim for the area/more shat to report to Tesla. After taking a closer look, it was actually (extra) exterior trim for the rear passenger side window/door. Don't know what to say "well thanks Tesla"? Too bad it wasn't an extra touch screen display. Hopefully I won't need it but more proof of the assembly line process.

Extra Trim.jpg

Last edited:
Got my MYP back yesterday after getting the acoustic cover installed. While driving at low speeds i noticed a rattling sound over speed bumps. Found a giant pry tool hanging from the passenger bumper. Guess the techs left it there by mistake. Could have been way worse

seriously tho, the kind of ppl Tesla hires to do work is crazy. I’ve personally met them, and not to be a stereotypical prick but a lot of them seem like low life stoners without a high school diploma.

If you thought to write the preface "not to be a..." you were 99% of the way towards "not being a...". Next time, get that extra 1%.

maybe not stereotypical - but yes on the prick. Lots of those folks are likely overwhelmed with work because of poor QC at the factory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kelr316

Group may be too old for this but reminds me of the Benny Hill show where the Doctor stops the patient while he is leaving the hospital because he lost his watch inside the patient during surgery.

Reactions: ArtK
Yes, I would not go out of my way to return their screw up. They are welcome to retrieve it if its really worth that much to them(looks like a $5 Milwaukee tool from home depot)
They can certainly do on their dime... but the thread title implied simply keeping it.

I honestly expect the Service Center to simply say "keep it", but I'd hope someone would give them the opportunity to get it.

Being a stoner does not indicate anyone is a “low life”. Lots of functional people who’d rather consume something that is an antioxidant and neuroprotectant (US patent 6630507) rather than a poison like alcohol.

Maybe they were just slammed. My service center was yesterday when I did touch less delivery. They apologized profusely for being 5 min late.

I hope you did the right thing and returned the pry tool.

Didn't Steve Jobs smoke tons of weed and do acid?