Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does your MX show both nominal and usable pack capacities?
My MX 100D does not (on 2020.24.6.4). Here is a screen capture from today:
(in play google one it was between a couple of the SOC fields)
dPzo4Nn.jpg

Hi guys, I took a recording from the All tab after clicking the red button, then let it record, finished the drive, left the car. Then at my computer, I uploaded the csv file, and tried to use CANBUSAnalyzer and SavvyCAN but neither are able to load anything. What steps do you usually take to pull up the log file? Thanks.

Looks like Tesla is trying to pull a fast one after the last update.

Good thing I can still do second grade level subtraction.

Usable = Nominal - Buffer

In my case:

73= 77-4

Vendor - Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

As I explained in that post, these are gone because people hated them, and disagreed. They are calculated in-app.
Now that I am more certain they actually are correct, I will re-instate both, and also plot them like I showed in the screenshot, for nobody to disagree with or misunderstand.

Vendor - Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

As I explained in that post, these are gone because people hated them, and disagreed. They are calculated in-app.
Now that I am more certain they actually are correct, I will re-instate both, and also plot them like I showed in the screenshot, for nobody to disagree with or misunderstand.
I saw your post, but with the image shown, assumed it only applied to the newer release.

I saw your post, but with the image shown, assumed it only applied to the newer release.

the latest signal lists for 1.9.2 inherited the current signal lists from the beta + IOS version where they were also removed from Model S

I've been collecting new signals, removing old or dead ones all the time while developing the IOS and Android beta, but never released a new production version, both because I was hoping the beta would be ready sooner, and also because the signal changes were too small for a release. But then came 2020.20.5 and broke a lot of important signals, so I threw the new lists into the old app.

So, I noted that when opening the app and selecting the tool icon, I have the option to check 2020.20 or later.

Since I have 2020.20.1, instead of leaving well enough alone, checked the box and now the app seems to think I am a M3 with two roadster packs 438Kwh...

Looking at the release notes, seems I should have left that unchecked unless I am north of 2020.20.5.

So, I unchecked it and all is " nominal" again...( No full usable but I can do the math)

Is there a way to see from the app, the current version? I did a brute force by uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Hey mate, just wanted to say I’ve read through this entire thread and I wanted to thank for being a champion. I come from an older car scene and the community ethos you bring to your project is really appreciated. I like my Tesla but sometimes the performative whining of owners is too much. I’ve ordered the adaptor cable and what seems to be the latest MX+ BD2. When they arrive I look forward to trying out your app.

Hi Amund7,

Just hooked up the iOS version to my car for the first time last night. Thanks for your great work in making this available.

I noticed that it seems to still be a work in progress. Some of the values I'm most interested in that show up in the Android version seem to be missing from the iOS version and as far as I can tell there is no way to add them in?

For example, I'm interested in things like:
Total AC charging
Total DC charging
Regenerated total
Available Motor power front/rear
Battery Amp Draw
Front/Rear Stator power
Custom trip meters.
etc etc.

Also, it would be nice to revert back to the good old text fields (if this is possible) as you can display a lot more info on one screen this way I think.

I realise you are probably working on all this stuff already, so apologies if I'm asking you to "suck eggs".

Hi Amund7,

Just hooked up the iOS version to my car for the first time last night. Thanks for your great work in making this available.

I noticed that it seems to still be a work in progress. Some of the values I'm most interested in that show up in the Android version seem to be missing from the iOS version and as far as I can tell there is no way to add them in?

For example, I'm interested in things like:
Total AC charging
Total DC charging
Regenerated total
Available Motor power front/rear
Battery Amp Draw
Front/Rear Stator power
Custom trip meters.
etc etc.

Also, it would be nice to revert back to the good old text fields (if this is possible) as you can display a lot more info on one screen this way I think.

I realise you are probably working on all this stuff already, so apologies if I'm asking you to "suck eggs".

Those are valuable bits of data to have, so much so I would respectfully suggest you buy a cheap Android phone or tablet that you can dedicate for car use.

Hi Amund7,

Haha, had to google that :) But yeah, I am very much familiar with this, most of my days are spent replying to this exact message. I should hire a call center or something :)

Testflight version with some new features & dashboards in Apple review now, most importantly a proper main menu where I can start putting the text mode console. It feels like I am Bill Gates just after the first Windows release, and everybody says they liked DOS better. Don't worry, you'll get DOS :)

... writing this I realize I should implement a true DOS looking scrolling log of all signals, complete with the old VESA fonts :p

Those are valuable bits of data to have, so much so I would respectfully suggest you buy a cheap Android phone or tablet that you can dedicate for car use.

Or have patience. The plan is, both apps will merge, but every little detail takes a lot more time than I anticipated. The goal is to end up with a single codebase (except for the bluetooth code and probably some file-writing code that needs to be OS specific). That would mean, every new feature, UI element, layout or bugfix can be immediately (and are already set up to automatically build & deploy) release to both platforms. I've been working on the Android app too much lately, and realized I hit a dead end with it layout-wise, so I will focus on the IOS app for a while now, and do a big backport later once the IOS version is a bit more complete.

This means, you'll probably lose the old DOS interface.

Why exactly is it that you want DOS? (I am asking everyone who wants this) I can think of a few:
- You want to see any signal you want, quickly
- You want to scroll through all 120+ signals at once (because you're new to the app, you don't know yet what you're looking for, and you want to find what's interesting to you)
- You hate graphical user interfaces
- You hate change

The first 2 I get, and I would think anyone with this need could be happy with a simple list, and also an interface where you can set up different gauges on the screen, and pick exactly which signal it should show (like the classic Android needle gauges). I would however like to redo it a bit, with the new style arc gauges, and a grid rather than a scrollable list. Scrollable list doesn't work very well as you always lose half a gauge at the bottom, and it doesn't change well from portrait to landscape. My idea is to have a few different gauges types you can toggle or swipe between, including 'just a big number', so you can quickly set up a screen á la the old Trips screen.

The last 2 I also "get", but I would think that if I make something new that allows the first 2 (any signal at any time), then these people should also be happy once they get over the initial shock/fear of change? For instance, the linear plot of temperature targets and temperatures is clearly better than 8 numbers in a list? The capacity screen is clearly better than a list of 'nominal', 'buffer' and people arguing up and down the entire internet about where the buffer is, if it should be added or subtracted, and if you can use it?

Do you agree with my assumptions, or please tell my why / what I am missing ?

For instance, the linear plot of temperature targets and temperatures is clearly better than 8 numbers in a list? The capacity screen is clearly better than a list of 'nominal', 'buffer' and people arguing up and down the entire internet about where the buffer is, if it should be added or subtracted, and if you can use it?

I love your new graphics, but on many of them the font is tiny. The graphic is great if I am the passenger or I am parked and can hold the phone up to my face. But if I am driving, a list of 6 nice big numbers is much easier to read when the phone is sitting in the charging dock.