Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Secret Sauce" power upgrade coming - beyond Ludicrous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wk057... what did you say in the comments?! i'm dying to know.

saw this on this "Barnacules" dude's twitter just now...

1sdQvm7T_normal.jpg
Barnacules
@georgeisbusting Yeah, had to take it down. Can't comment on it though unfortunately.
4/11/16, 6:58 PM

At the request of a few people I ruthlessly debunked the video in the comments section. The poster and the P85D owner both replied with nonsense, which I also debunked. Then the reply just turned to basically "Well it's a secret! You'll see!"

30 minutes later the video is no longer available. (Made private)

lol.

The bigger win here is that you're posting again on TMC

We also have the somewhat concerning reports that 90 owners are not seeing the expected 6% increase to range that is expected. Maybe with a software unlock all these things will fall into place?

Well we had it...for about a week or two then it lost about a mile a week of rated range until it bottomed out at 246-250@90%. I don't see these two things as related since this included all 90D's not just P90D's.

At the request of a few people I ruthlessly debunked the video in the comments section. The poster and the P85D owner both replied with nonsense, which I also debunked. Then the reply just turned to basically "Well it's a secret! You'll see!"

30 minutes later the video is no longer available. (Made private)

lol.

I don't suppose screen shots were taken?

wk057... what did you say in the comments?! i'm dying to know.

saw this on this "Barnacules" dude's twitter just now...

1sdQvm7T_normal.jpg
Barnacules
@georgeisbusting Yeah, had to take it down. Can't comment on it though unfortunately.
4/11/16, 6:58 PM

Nothing rude. Just facts.

The bigger win here is that you're posting again on TMC

Don't get used to it. This is my quota for participation for the quarter. lol.

I don't suppose screen shots were taken?

I did not think to screenshot anything. Wasn't that important to me.

And for those thinking of perhaps trading a culture that 85D in on a CPO P85D, the problem there is that the upgrade to Ludicrous supposedly only applies to the owners of P85Ds ordered or bought prior to 7/17/2015.
Again if memory serves me, someone in here inquired about having Ludicrous added to their CPO, or it may have been non CPO but pre owned, P85D and was turned down.
That makes sense too.
People would simply buy used P85Ds and add Ludicrous to them and be done with it.
Why allow someone to go out and buy a used P85D and add Ludicrous to it, when you can make them have to buy a brand new P90D with Ludicrous for the 13k up charge over a P90D which is an up charge over a used P85D in itself ?
Unless you're trying to increase revenue from your CPO sales. You could then offer to add Ludicrous to an in inventory CPO car for the 5k. Perhaps some would jump on that but you'd risk cannibalizing P90D sales, both new and Certified used, if you did it.

My current P85D was a loaner vehicle (first registered May 2015) at a service center for about half a year before I bought it (December 2015). In February 2016 I was able to schedule the Ludi upgrade (for March 2016) with no questions asked.
Maybe I just slipped through, don't know... But I am a very happy P85DL owner now :)