Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha! FOMC + CPI + SPX High IV is a day before the Elon vote on 6/13:

1717033425724.png

• Informative
Reactions: 2Pearls
Not sure if you’re being serious or not, lol. What else is he going to do with them after fighting for it so hard.
Lol I was just joking around. It's just funny he has to state this because that means he knows he screwed over the share holders by selling his shares on the open market and he knows that is probably leading to some no votes.

I don't really want to kick a man while he's down, but I find it a bit pathetic that the board and Elon are going through so many hoops to get this money back. It's unfair that the court took it from him, but the vote would have easily passed for him to get the package back if he and the board had actually run the company properly. I don't know what the result will be but if it does not pass he put it on himself. And to quote what a famous person once said:

There's a scene in The Princess Bride – great movie – where he [Montoya] confronts the person who killed his father. And he says, 'Offer me money. Offer me power. I don't care,'”

Last edited:
Futures are down so far. I still have 170CCs for Friday that were a multi week roll after the earnings pop. The closer we can get to 170 by Friday close the easier they will be to manage....
Yeah, wilt -c170's, -p172.50's and -c180's the closer we are to the low 170's the better for me, would love to close out today as I'm driving to Denmark tomorrow, would resell some puts, then wait for calls

Not sure if you’re being serious or not, lol. What else is he going to do with them after fighting for it so hard.
If Musk exercises $59b worth of options then he would need to pay tens of $billions in taxes, he needs to get that money from somewhere, right? OK, he has other sources of funds, but the last time this happened he sold TSLA to fund it

the irony of that was that he ended up with more shares than he started with, but of course exercised options are dilutive and not buys on the open market, unlike the selling part

More details:

Tesla is preparing to register its Full Self-Driving (FSD) software with Chinese authorities ahead of its planned rollout this year, according to sources.

The company is also considering offering FSD as a monthly subscription in China, its second-largest market.

Successfully registering with China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology will allow Tesla to internally test FSD on public roads before offering it to customers.

Currently, Tesla offers less-advanced versions of Autopilot in China, with FSD available for a one-time fee of 64,000 yuan ($8,828.32). The potential monthly subscription could cost around $98.

More details:

Tesla is preparing to register its Full Self-Driving (FSD) software with Chinese authorities ahead of its planned rollout this year, according to sources.

The company is also considering offering FSD as a monthly subscription in China, its second-largest market.

Successfully registering with China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology will allow Tesla to internally test FSD on public roads before offering it to customers.

Currently, Tesla offers less-advanced versions of Autopilot in China, with FSD available for a one-time fee of 64,000 yuan ($8,828.32). The potential monthly subscription could cost around $98.
Nothing-burger in terms of financials, IMO, but positive news nevertheless