Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode bust!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is a very important added facet to the case, and is not going to look good for this guy in court. Please use this if you can. He intentionally parked in a red zone (though by private parking lot, and not city standards) then keys the car next to him for no reason (none that we can tell), in spite of plenty of room for him. This demonstrates a flagrant disregard for others on multiple levels.

My guess is that he will plead no contest, so we will never actually hear a word he says, which is too bad. If he did, I am confident this guy would dig himself a deeper hole. There is something very wrong with him. From what you said, even people from his work turned him in. There is apparently no love for him there either, and we can now see why. He is bad news.

I am really looking forward to the outcome of this. Thank you for your updates.

Yeah, I am just trying to narrow down all those other options to leave us with the original thought that he might be a Tesla hater...

In my experience, people driving "the official vehicle" in a company town tend to have it out for competitor cars.
Maybe the guy even works for Dodge?
I lived in Ann Arbor for a couple of years in the early 90's and I always struggled with this attitude. Supposedly a capitalist country where competition is embraced, yet you get hated on for driving a car from the wrong brand. It was especially pronounced if you *GASP* drove a Japanese branded car (I drove a Nissan at the time).

I lived in Ann Arbor for a couple of years in the early 90's and I always struggled with this attitude. Supposedly a capitalist country where competition is embraced, yet you get hated on for driving a car from the wrong brand. It was especially pronounced if you *GASP* drove a Japanese branded car (I drove a Nissan at the time).

Yeah, I had seen that too when traveling in Michigan car factory towns. People shouting "buy American!" at Japanese car drivers. Japanese cars getting vandalized a lot back then.
I am not sure how the locals take to Teslas in general. It is an American brand, but maybe some anti-electric, or even anti-California sentiments.
Basically anything that threatens the jobs at the big local employer is going to be met with some hostility.
Now FCA has Fiat 500e... I wonder if that jerk would have done the same thing to one of those parked next to him.

FCA had been spreading anti Tesla rhetoric in the past...
Fiat Chrysler Boss Again Rips Into Tesla, Says Economic Model For Electric Cars Doesn't Work

But FCA apparently buys carbon offset credits from Tesla now...

Oh, and by the way, Tesla vandalized in Pontiac Michigan.

Last edited:
The arraignment started late and I saw some of the previous court proceedings. Man it is sad seeing the life situations that some people put themselves in. The lady with the double DUI, saying she won't be able to work and provide for her kids if she's in jail. The judge sees this everyday though. Not an easy position for the judge to be in.

Hoping we hear back soon from @Tonez .

The arraignment started late and I saw some of the previous court proceedings. Man it is sad seeing the life situations that some people put themselves in. The lady with the double DUI, saying she won't be able to work and provide for her kids if she's in jail. The judge sees this everyday though. Not an easy position for the judge to be in.

Hoping we hear back soon from @Tonez .
And you add on the companies that publish mugshots and videos along with searchable names and charge to have them removed….

I am a bit concerned that we still have not heard from @Tonez. I am assuming, and hoping, that he is just preoccupied with more important things then addressing our curiosities. We all certainly hope you are well.

My head is spinning with speculation as to what could have possibly happened that wound land a guy in jail for something as small (but not trivial) as a car scratch. Something must have happened, and I don't like it one bit. I reflect on all the aspects of this case: he parked in a red zone, did this in front of a child, had no apparent reason for his action, and on top of that all, his coworkers had no hesitations to point the finger at him. All these factors point to someone who has some sociopathic issues. Now that he is in jail, I can only imagine what he did. I just hope it was something that gets him in trouble, yet without putting stress on the OP.

Sorry, i'm not getting alerts from this thread for some reason (but just received one from a DM).

So what happened is he was originally booked on a misdemeanor charge and yesterday they changed it last minute to felony malicious destruction of property over $1k. He was arrested last night and booked into the county jail at like 2:30am. Since it happened at that time and his arraignment was set for 9:30am, the prosecutor wasn't aware. They ultimately dismissed the misdemeanor now that the charges have been upgraded. Likely they adjusted the charges after I submitted the estimate for repairs and diminished value (for restitution). Anyway, he posted bail and was released today around 1:30pm after seeing the magistrate. Next scheduled court appearance is 5/5/21 at 10:30am EST, although it's with a different judge so the youtube link will be different. That is unless his attorney gets it delayed. Either way, was funny to see his mug shot and know he spent 12 hours in jail for jacking up a strangers car for no good reason.

All good on my end though, thanks for checking in!