Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Catches Hit in Parking Lot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what happens when driving is considered by our career politicians as a "human right" so we give out licenses to anyone, including those not legally here and people like this broad, who clearly sucks at driving and is a danger to others.
Places like Germany don't play around with the privilege of driving, and therefore can have much safer roads with "suggested" speed limits on the Autobahn. We get what we elect, and if we want to stimulate public transit, people like this woman should lose that privilege and be riding the bus. Win-win for everyone!
I don't care if somebody is an illegal really, if they pass a proper test that's good enough for me. There are plenty of citizens I'd like to see forced to take the bus or take advanced driver training.

Reactions: Pkmmte and FlyErik
That's amazing! It sure looks like she hit you. The most amazing thing is she continued to park next to you. I think Sentry mode should be automatically enabled when you park NOT at home and leave the car.Essentially, not at home and the car is locked.

Related question. The video automatically goes to Tesla, and you get an email or a notification via the smartphone app with link to the mp4 or whatever?
I believe the new version of Sentry will have geo location as an option.

Wow, that was fast. My sister's car sure took more time even when the lady at fault admitted it was her fault lol.

Yeah, dealing with the insurance company was fairly painless. They couldn’t really contest that their client was at fault, given I had video and a police report. They sent an adjuster to my house fairly quickly, and he accepted the estimate I had gotten from a Tesla-certified body shop. They cut me a check a couple days after the estimate was done.

Hold on to your generalization Jethro.
There are more people who are citizens here who do stupid things behind the wheel including DWI & DUI than your average immigrant.
So unless you got some data to back that up, I'd say you better keep your veiled anti immigrant slant & women are things desires to yourself.
& before you go lumping people into the same bucket with your ultra nationalist machismo & calling women 'broads' - how bout you get out from behind your fancy driver 's aid & show us if you can really drive?
Wow, way to not even quote me but still label me without even knowing me! Maybe read the actual words before asking me to back up claims that I didn't make..... But then again, from your reply, I know you wouldn't do that. Must be frustrating approaching life like that! I wish you well, regardless.

Reactions: FFR6288
My problem is on my M3 the sentry mode comes on every time I put the car in park?? I can't find a way to make it come on only when wanted.
Anyone have any ideas on this?
My problem is on my M3 the sentry mode comes on every time I put the car in park?? I can't find a way to make it come on only when wanted.
Anyone have any ideas on this?

You can just turn it off in settings ?

I had a 256gb thumb drive that filled up in less than 3 months
I just installed a 1tb samsung SS drive so should be good for a while!
I was also under the impression that this a more robust setup as well, not sure as i am not well versed on computer stuff
This forum explained it all so it was easy for me, thanks everyone!

I had a 256gb thumb drive that filled up in less than 3 months
I just installed a 1tb samsung SS drive so should be good for a while!
I was also under the impression that this a more robust setup as well, not sure as i am not well versed on computer stuff
This forum explained it all so it was easy for me, thanks everyone!
gee, why do you care to have such a long video history? A week is good enough for me to see if there were any issues.

Reactions: puckpurnell
gee, why do you care to have such a long video history? A week is good enough for me to see if there were any issues.
You are right, just worried I guess that when I need it, it will be full or like I said earlier that a couple of people were posting that the SSD from Samsung is more reliable and that the thumb drives fail a lot after being written to so many times, the Samsung ones I looked at started at 500mb and the 1tb unit was $170 also people that know me think i'm overkill, mmmmm..... I guess?