Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SentryView app was just released!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone try a USB on/off switch to quickly view footage without physically removing the sandisk USB stick?

Thinking of buying something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/HENGSHENG-Adapter-Switch-Upgraded-Extension-Recorder/dp/B07QTJZD99

Anyone know if it'll work with Sentry? says USB 2.0 will that work with this setup? Thinking since it's also an extended cable will be able to quickly press the off switch, press the sandisk wireless button and view footage...

Does anyone care to watch videos if there is no visible damage to the car? (assuming 99.99% of sentry events are just people walking/cars driving by)

In 5 days away from home, my parked model 3 recorded 2 useful events. One was a guy cutting through my backyard with a giant armful of amazon packages probably stolen from a neighbour. The other event was a guy snooping in every backyard... he had his hand 6" from the rear door handle when the sentry light went off and he froze and bolted. So yes I care about non-damage events!

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
Does the card connect to your home wireless so you can view it from your sofa or do you have to direct connect your iPhone to an adhoc wireless network created by the USB stick?

PS I'm waiting for this app to support iOS 13's USB access via Lightening Port.

For those of you with regular USB sticks, this works just as well to pull the videos up. Obviously this one is for USB-C users, there are lightning ones and Micro USB versions as well.
USB C to USB 3.0 Adapter

Youre saying that you can use this App even with regular USB stick.. just have to use that adapter to plug the USB drive into the iPhone?

Youre saying that you can use this App even with regular USB stick.. just have to use that adapter to plug the USB drive into the iPhone?
I'm saying you can buy the adapter for less than the app and use a cheap usb stick (half the price of the wifi ones) and not have to buy the app; just browse the USB stick from your phones native file explorer.
I can pull the videos up on my phone using the $7 adapter and a $12 USB 32GB stick. Using the wifi cap on a fancy USB stick is super overkill IMHO.

This is what I do now. But it's not efficient to click on individual files that are 1 minute long. This app solves that problem. But it does not work for this set up (USB direct connect to your phone.) I'm hoping that is on the roadmap with iOS 13.

I'm saying you can buy the adapter for less than the app and use a cheap usb stick (half the price of the wifi ones) and not have to buy the app; just browse the USB stick from your phones native file explorer.
I can pull the videos up on my phone using the $7 adapter and a $12 USB 32GB stick. Using the wifi cap on a fancy USB stick is super overkill IMHO.

This app allows you to see the Sentry/DashCam videos on your iOS device.

Note: you need a "SanDisk Connect" USB device to use this app.

SanDisk 64GB Connect Wireless Stick Flash Drive - SDWS4-064G-G46 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZCFYF2W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8qq9CbT8ZJFX7

Here is the link to the app:

‎SentryView: For Tesla Cars
USB.png
160 US for a USB stick.... suck me titties thats expensive

Reactions: 0ptions
I just got the Sandisk connect flash drive. Formatted it properly on a Mac and created the TeslaCam folder. Once I plug it into the USB port, I dont get the dashcam icon. Is that because my car doesnt support dashcam?

I have a 2017 Model S 75D Version 2019.24.4

Had to wait a whole month for the flash drive to get here from China lol

Can a Pi Zero be configured to emulate this type of stick? I know you can make a Pi Zero act like a mass storage device, basically emulating a USB stick, and that you can access the files via the wifi from a PC, but can it emulate whatever wifi this Samsung stick uses so this app can read the files?