Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setec CCS to Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's at least 1 other style of Signet. I've personally charged my Bolt on the Signets at both of these sites:

I've never personally seen BTC Power of the style in the earlier post. All the BTC Power ones I've seen and used look similar but not quite the same. See below. I've personally charged my Bolt at both of these.

Avoid using credit card readers, they often suck. Search Electrify America Talks Charging Network Problems, Has Solutions for credit card. Better to use RFID cards (EA doesn't have any) or the charging provider's app. I would by extension avoid NFC on EA as the NFC reader is on the CC reader of some of their stations.

I've also DC FC'ed my Bolt on EA's ABB DC FCs. Have never seen EA's Efacec units personally.
Haven't been following this thread in terms of whether the adapter works for anyone right now, but EA might be free in your area: Electrify America complimentary sessions (stations set.... I can confirm it's free in the Bay Area now. Using CCS w/my Bolt for free now.
To add to some more data points with my Bolt over this free charging on Electrify America during the long weekend, I personally successfully charged my Bolt fine on EA on all of these sites: two BTC Power sites (one I've used numerous times before) several times, 1 Signet site (used several times before) twice, two different ABB sites in an area I've never been to before. And sure, at a few sites, I did encounter problem equipment such as broken tang on 1 CCS handle, another seemed powered off (green accent lights on but screen off and didn't start charging), error when starting to charge on one handle but I was always able to find another handle or unit at the site that worked.

So, I covered EA chargers from 3 of their 4 vendors yet again. None of the sites were busy. Only at 1 site was there a Kona EV charging.

I also used a free ChargePoint CPE 100 (made by IES).

Last edited:
Also FYI, I'm working with Setec to test out the new Flo v3 chargers (nothing to do with supercharging) as they seem to have some differences compared to previous chargers, hope to have another updated firmware soon.
p_Wjh7PzI497CaW5qul4ux_k3W90iwbSvOi89BAj5dRWO9rgFPriCAAgz3IaDqJJv3Q--3uDY1uDgwZSdwnB4lFVH_QtZqll0lH6z6ONPzlGRzbcQcywUdoWGTpQoqj8wi8lq68diJkvvkd1SlHn9euREeT8to8OqcKzjz784EqU_tGDL4FZWlWsrvbUyVv_c07Z_ahUU8xzW533z24YkMr8afATzE3DrAvZPvB97uFm0XWrJbGy5CsrHUQXWgCtN5JQF3bjbMuvuCaHolOZHmHdlOcuNORNyFAy9srfVZqo4IsmzZMoFnGVPVNmKiw7Aa0pPa4Zaoug1DNo5Vh-iCa1HzsX6XhYulGP8QEJlNTmDIuDiZJVgkwoRQLIiUR6dJZIN0c4fxji4XRIpyqRqAsXozQ2o_8CckLoKpZRQDepsOIgCoxyMXTOhNCxz2kJlTxqF8WBYvbrCMUBR4VWF95FbPTLu2sUEcxTsWix8HwnOuKY5nsjUWPPF5GqTIutLEfF5ts_X1vM6I4vE_8KAqLB9GgwaeMWhSM9ZcTaGUrU8GkiPrgPzvAd4F2vFtIM_Pb0xJqZ0AW21irzWkPQIk_Z-Mc1oi3Lpy1Tx880zYxHPuZKqlXkkT_6hcptwSUW9TFmvzJvKYDOWd6YvFgu3fZdV-dc07DparZQBuhJO1SHRo2VcsGoYGLxOGJG5QdX2iuTyOtw-46Ha0B3C4RB54ZWgQ=w1035-h777-no

See the screenshot below. You have to chmod it to 755 to get the proper permissions. Then, type ./Mac_updata_tool to get it to run in the terminal. It seemed to recognize the adapter but was unable to do any update. It just got stuck on that try start message you see in the terminal screenshot.
Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 5.37.06 PM.png

See the screenshot below. You have to chmod it to 755 to get the proper permissions. Then, type ./Mac_updata_tool to get it to run in the terminal. It seemed to recognize the adapter but was unable to do any update. It just got stuck on that try start message you see in the terminal screenshot.View attachment 739935
As an addendum I'm running your V164-1 firmware you posted on your website.