Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sexy Buttons resume autopilot function - Brilliant !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes as @Oxid8ter says, you set parameters in the App - the minimum speed you want it to activate at and the amount of seconds after the indicator cancels (I have mine at 3 sec.) Then whilst driving with Autopilot engaged you indicate to change lanes, this cancels the AP (tesla function - which doesnt always work) then you change lanes and cancel the indicator (or have it set to autocancel) then after the 3 seconds AP re engages

Is this not one of the options in the config? I thinkine is set to the higher of the speed limit or my current speed which I find works well, but there is a toggle for other behaviours, I think the lower of current or speed limit?

And at one time you could Def touch the current speed sign on screen to set that speed. And fast scroll on the right button moves in 5mph chunks. (But you probably know that).

@devonian thanks for the info, that may be the function that tips the balance to getting some buttons. I wasn't willing to pay the price for a button to open the glove box, which is the only other thing I think is really missing. In early software there was a top level soft button for it which was ok, but these days my passenger has to go through the main config options screen, via a button on my sode of the screen, to get stuff out. Stupid design.
Road Speed limit or current, not resume to previous set. Given how inaccurate the Road limit can be as it picks up street signs from neighbouring roads this is useless. If i've had it set at 50, and then had to brake I want to resume back to 50, as every other vehicle can. I don't want to manually accelerate to 50 and then reset it. Equally I may well not have my cruise set at the max speed of the road (eg. in Germany, or the numerous times it tells me the speedlimit is 70 when i'm actually in roadworks and it should be 50)

As you're all getting excited about this product again I would strongly suggest you consider how attaching this device to your canbus will change the security of your car. If someone outside the car could connect to the wifi the dongle produces then they could unlock the car, or interfere with a car that was driving etc. Do your own research about how secure their methods of protection are. Imagine if I could drive alongside you then disable your Autopilot, turn your lights off etc. The wifi security isn't using normal methods of WPA etc.

Personally I wasn't happy with that so disconnected it.

• Informative
Reactions: Doudeau
It's a commander feature rather than being assigned to a button, so you configure it in the app and the if you change lanes whilst AP is enabled, it will re-enable it after the lane change is complete, provided your criteria are met (x amount of seconds later, and the speed is > what you set it to)
Thanks- I rarely use the app so i will dig in there and find it. Appreciate the guidance.

Afternoon all,

Does anyone know if installing a SEXY Commander (and by extension either a SEXY Knob or Buttons) requires notification to the insurance company as a "modification" to the car? If so, then failure to notify them in advance could potentially void any claim.

Admiral (who I'm with) define modification as "any changes to the way the vehicle looks, functions or drives, including any changes to support a disability or relating to your profession or business."

Installation of the Commander and buttons/knob themselves don't seem to meet that as the installation doesn't alter the function or drive. Subsequent programming and usage of the buttons could modify its functions or the way it drives though, such as auto-resuming lane assist following a lane change or altering the level of regenerative braking, even if that alteration is only for the duration of the drive in question.

I could give Admiral a call but I strongly suspect that those managing the call centre are unlikely to understand the nature of how the S3XY buttons work etc and will give a generic answer without really addressing the detail (which is fair enough, just not helpful). There's a fair amount online on the S3XY button's impact on a Tesla warranty (i.e. it shouldn't have any as Tesla have to show any warranty fault was caused by an unofficial modification but probably best to unplug the Commander from the car before taking into a service anyway), but that's rather different from insurance requirements.

Thanks.

I pre-ordered my S3xy Knob in April 2023 but haven't heard anything, my order still shows "Shipping status: None" and I have emailed them 3 times since December 2023 with no reply and even used the Contact Us part of their website.

Date: 10/04/2023 Price: €249.69​

Thats what it shows on my order
If you're checking their website the date format is Month/Day/Year
1705396592056.png

In emails it shows it as local (UK) format
1705396614267.png

Also, just because I was curious, the internet archive first has the page 30th July but I suppose the page could have been different, either way you'll likely get yours before me as I'm needing the highland verson

1705396959641.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Pagemakers